[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 10-1-2017 at 1:44 AM, alaxandir said:

Is this compatible with CRP? 

I'm using TAC Life Support which has the CRP as a dependency and having issues getting this to work properly on the stock tanks. But it works fine on the tanks it adds.

Of course it is, but what exactly is the problem?

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Of course it is, but what exactly is the problem?

Sorry, I ended up switching to a different fuel swapper. But; the issue I was having is that it was adding TWO fuel tanks for every tank. (I could store double the amount of fuel and the GUI options were available twice). Not sure I can reproduce now that I've swapped some mods around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i noticed big delta wing and big wind strike are not supported , is it intentional? if not can you make it swichable too i dont see the reson you cant store water or hydrogen in it ( as a boiloff heatshield maybe too? )

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this mod. It frees me from using the unsightly yellow monoprop tanks and I can have LF only in pretty much any tank size now.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:39 PM, Charon Moloch said:

@FreeThinker looking around at KSP-I to see what the mod is comprised of, I found out you can star lift hydrogen from Kerbol, if you go below 600 Km... waw who thought of that?

Yeah, sounds familiar. There was a very boring game once that one could do something like that so one could travel even further for no clearly defined reasons... It had Friendship Drives and lots and lots of interdictions. What was the name....

On 8-2-2017 at 11:11 PM, Errol said:

@FreeThinker Is there a reason tweakscale is bundled? Is it a dependency?

It more like an high level of integration than a hard dependency. So you could technically play without tweak-scale , but it is mend you play with

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.4.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-18

• Added Interstellar Equilibrium module which allows automated conversion between 2 resources
  • Added Equilibrium to Cryotank for LqdXenon to XenonGas and LqdWater to Water
  • Added LqdXenon to Cryotank
  • Added LqdWater to Cryotank
  • Sorted resources in Cryotank alphabetically

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 2.4.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-18

• Added Interstellar Equilibrium module which allows automated conversion between 2 resources
  • Added Equilibrium to Cryotank for LqdXenon to XenonGas and LqdWater to Water
  • Added LqdXenon to Cryotank
  • Added LqdWater to Cryotank
  • Sorted resources in Cryotank alphabetically

That sounds very useful.  Any plans for LqdHydrogen and Hydrogen, because certain fusion reactions require Hydrogen?

7 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

That sounds very useful.  Any plans for LqdHydrogen and Hydrogen, because certain fusion reactions require Hydrogen?

Yes, that one of the reasons I build it. I was planning to put it on the reactors

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 2.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-19

• Added Interstellar Resource Converters (a.k.a. Equilibrium) for all resource to IFS Cryogenic tanks
  • Added Switchable IF Pressurised Gas Tank
  • Added Fuel Tank Dry/Wet mass is now shown on a single line
  • Rebalanced mass ratios Cryogenic tanks
  • Removed lighting control (not functional)
  • Fixed default behavior Interstellar Resource Converters to configure target storage utilization instead of local resource utilization

56 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 2.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-19

• Added Interstellar Resource Converters (a.k.a. Equilibrium) for all resource to IFS Cryogenic tanks
  • Added Switchable IF Pressurised Gas Tank
  • Added Fuel Tank Dry/Wet mass is now shown on a single line
  • Rebalanced mass ratios Cryogenic tanks
  • Removed lighting control (not functional)
  • Fixed default behavior Interstellar Resource Converters to configure target storage utilization instead of local resource utilization

after manually deleting GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/Plugins/MiniAVC.xml the update went ok!

Thank you FreeThinker!!! :)

Version 2.4.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-22

• Added Maximum power and Transfer power cost to Interstellar Resource Conversion
  • Added equilibrium maintenance to Interstellar Resource Conversion, allow you to set a percentage which is actively maintained
  • Rebalanced power usage IFS Cryo tank

I would like to hear some feedback.

I'm thinking about putting the Interstellar Resource Converter into a separate mod,  I intended to add more resource conversion and harvesting features in it.

I could for instance move all KSPI ISRU Harvesting features to it, allowing everyone to use more realistic atmospheric/oceanic/surface resource collecting.collecting without the KSPI-E bagage

It would free up KSPI-E of ISRU, which contain too much feature for most people to comprehend anyway

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I would like to hear some feedback.

I'm thinking about putting the Interstellar Resource Converter into a separate mod,  I intended to add more resource conversion and harvesting features in it.

I could for instance move all KSPI ISRU Harvesting features to it, allowing everyone to use more realistic atmospheric/oceanic/surface resource collecting.collecting without the KSPI-E bagage

It would free up KSPI-E of ISRU, which contain too much feature for most people to comprehend anyway

That makes a lot of sense.  ISRU has kind of been hanging off the end of KSPI-E which was always more focused on propulsion.

Maybe consider splitting it into 3 mods, 1 for fuel storage, 1 for propulsion/reactors and one for ISRU?

FYI this and Configurable Containers by Allista don't play nice.  Problem for me is that I use MKS, and it now apparently depends on Configurable Containers as part of Roverdude's switch over to Ground Construction.  Any chance you guys could figure out what is stepping on whom?  I'd really like to not be forced to decide between MKS (My career game depends on it) and KSPIE (my favorite sandbox toyset)

1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

FYI this and Configurable Containers by Allista don't play nice.  Problem for me is that I use MKS, and it now apparently depends on Configurable Containers as part of Roverdude's switch over to Ground Construction.  Any chance you guys could figure out what is stepping on whom?  I'd really like to not be forced to decide between MKS (My career game depends on it) and KSPIE (my favorite sandbox toyset)

A am willing to disable IFS Global script when a ConfigurableContainers is present, but when does the conflict occur?

Edited by FreeThinker

Two comments on that:

First off, as part of the integration process with MKS, Allista putting out pared down bundles of CC and GC - which should be enough to avoid the problem in the future.

Secondly: I run an install with both.  The only actual problem that I see is if both are applied to the same tank and you try switching resources on that tank.  (You can get the tank into weird states - where it doesn't have resources, or has two sets, etc.)  I believe current GC actively avoids putting itself onto tanks with IFS already installed, and I haven't seen the actual issue come up in a while - but if you were to conditional your global MM script to only apply to tanks without the GC module then it won't matter which set of patches gets applied first.  (Well - it will matter, because only one set will get applied, but the only issue will be which tank-switcher people get on the stock tanks.)

We probably should also suggest to both of you to make sure your 'apply to stock tanks' MM script is visible, clearly labeled, and distinct, so it' easy to remove.  (I haven't checked - just saying it's going to be needed.)  Then users can use both as by dependencies - and it's fairly easy to choose which to apply to stock parts.

Version 2.4.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-23

• Added Global script which applies tank switching between popular glasses to all xenon tanks
  • Added Global script which applies tank switching between popular liquid fuels to all liquid fuel tanks
  • Fixed: Global script will not Fuel Switch if ModuleTankManager is already present
  • Fixed If tank mass is undefined it will fall back on part prefab mass
Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.