[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

How can I get the monopropellant fuel setting if I am using Engineering Tech Tree?  It shows up in the part description when I right click on the part in the build menu, but it's not an option when actually trying to change the setting on the part.  I read that you need the tech for RCS before it will work. I found 3 cfg files in the IFS patches folder, IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch, IntegrationLiquidFuel, and IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer that had entries for monoprop tech requirements. I changed all 3 to the ETT node that gives RCS, but it still doesn't work.  Is there anything else I can tweak to get it to work or is it hard coded in the DLL?

Edit...

Nevermind I just didn't have the right tech researched.  The IFS cfgs called for advFuelSystems. When I searched for that in the ETT cfg I didn't find it.  But I forgot that notepad doesn't wrap search, it was there above my search point.  

Edited by RiverRat2800

Getting this with radial fuel tanks:

https://pastebin.com/ABzrBCYu

Steps to re-create:

1) place fuel tank, pick fuel

2) Alt-click to duplicate said fuel tank and place it elsewhere

3) try to change the contents of second tank. 

UI crashes with endless lines of lqd deuterium, endless NREs, can't right click any other part until the broken part gets removed from the scene.

Dragging a fresh radial tank from the parts menu doesn't trigger the exception.

Version 2.4.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-04-15

• Added missing resources to solid and cryo storage tank
  • Fixed resource duplicating bug when copying a part
  • Fixed ability to switch resource when tank is empty while other nonswitchable resources are present
  • Fixed behavior auto converter for primary resource
Edited by FreeThinker

I'm not sure this is the correct place for this, but I found a pretty awesome glitch between the inflatable LFO tank and one of the resource switcher mods (I'm still tracking down which one).

If you swap the tank to Liquid Hydrogen it works great, until it Is fully depleted at which point it tears off its connection point and detonates the ship in a glorious fashion (right after easing physics if you launch with it empty). It was quite funny (although sadly I lost my main scientist when I realized I could no longer revert to the launchpad) to watch the command pod launch at 5.5million m/s. I have tested the other available fuel switch options and they all work properly.

I'm curious if this is a missing config option on the tank itself, or if the fuel switch mod in question isn't playing nicely? I can swap other tanks to Liquid Hydrogen without any issue.

Thanks for advance for any information, I'm going to continue to poke at this until I get it either way :).

this is from the MKS post

posted by megamike

in later posts it was mantiond that this behavior was not sean by a different player using CC and B9
so IFS is the main suspect (it was suggested a negative mass)

ill try to replicate it, but i was not the one to observe this.
i just noticed IFS is the main suspect and that it was not posted in IFS tread

Edited by danielboro

1 hour ago, danielboro said:

in later posts it was mantiond that this behavior was not sean by a different player using CC and B9
so IFS is the main suspect (it was suggested a negative mass)

ill try to replicate it, but i was not the one to observe this.
i just noticed IFS is the main suspect and that it was not posted in IFS tread

I realy need more than just some hearsay

On 28-4-2017 at 8:00 AM, fourfa said:

Is Tweakscale a required dependency here? Or is it just bundled with the download for compatibility patches?

Yes it is an soft dependency, but the software is bundled for convenience for new players. IFS has integrated Tweakscale compatibility.

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes it is an soft dependency, but the software is a bundles for convenience for new players. IFS has integrated Tweakscale compatibility.

Thanks for clarifying that, I actually had the same question and had just not installed it, ignoring all the error messages that popped.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on updating an old mod which has an IFS patch.  The patch is hard-coded for each tank in the mod, it's rather long, and tedious to fix

i was looking at the IFS download, and sw the patch:

IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.cfg

file.  It appears  to  be what I need.  It looks like it is taking the actual amounts from the part and using those to add a correct config to the parts.  Is this correct?  If so, then I can just delete the existing patch.

Assuming it can, then how can I specify the default config for the tanks?

This is a short excerpt from the existing patch:

Spoiler

@PART[MI_Thermos]
{
    MODULE
    {

name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
        resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
        resourceAmounts = 22.5,27.5;45;55
        basePartMass = 0.045
        displayCurrentTankCost = false
        hasGUI = true
        availableInFlight = false
        availableInEditor = true
        showInfo = true
    }

}
@PART[MI_Pancake]
{
    MODULE
    {

name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
        resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
        resourceAmounts = 405,495;810;990
        basePartMass = 1.25
        displayCurrentTankCost = false
        hasGUI = true
        availableInFlight = false
        availableInEditor = true
        showInfo = true
    }

}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It looks like it is taking the actual amounts from the part and using those to add a correct config to the parts.  Is this correct?

yes but the trick is not to do it when another switches does it as well

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Understood.  But, if that patch which is included is applicable to all tanks, then maybe I don't need to include a patch for this

mm, perhaps it is a question of order. your patch need to be performed before IFS script is executed, then it should work

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

mm, perhaps it is a question of order. your patch need to be performed before IFS script is executed, then it should work

Sorry, I'm not stating it properly.

Is there a need for a local patch for IFS if this patch will do it for all tanks?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, I'm not stating it properly.

Is there a need for a local patch for IFS if this patch will do it for all tanks?

Depends what you want, if you insist of a very specific list of switchable tanks, you need to keep the script, If you don't, IFS should take care of it, or any other switch mod for the matter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.