[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

So... How would one make an MM-patch to add "LF" and "O" to the stock LFO-tanks?

I guess there isn't an automatic calculation to just "fill" the rest of the tank with one content? :D

So... How would one make an MM-patch to add "LF" and "O" to the stock LFO-tanks?

I guess there isn't an automatic calculation to just "fill" the rest of the tank with one content? :D

Take a look at Nertea's Cryo Engines mod. He already has a global patch that converts all stock tanks to switchable LFO, LH2/O, LF, O, LH2... The LH2 options are the ones used for the engines in the pack but it also solves your request :P

Take a look at Nertea's Cryo Engines mod. He already has a global patch that converts all stock tanks to switchable LFO, LH2/O, LF, O, LH2... The LH2 options are the ones used for the engines in the pack but it also solves your request :P

+1 for this. That's the cfg I use, I just took out the LH2 stuff since I don't use that mod :)

Hey not sure if you are aware there may be a potential issue with the Real Fuel mod. I have not tested just saw this post and wanted to get it in the right thread.

Finally got around to test RF on my Linux build.

Everything seems to work fine, except an incompatibility with Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS).

You can adjust fuel content in the VAB using RF, but whenever you switch to the launchpad, it will get reset to the current IFS tank setup. This only applies to tanks that have IFS enabled at all, other tanks work fine in RF.

I guess IFS will always remain incompatible, so maybe add an incompatibility note for the release.

Especially CKAN users might get scared, because CryoEngines currently lists IFS as dependency.

However, above CryoEngines actually still work, as the required resources exist in RF (LqdHydrogen, LqdOxygen). But performance is extremely bad with their stock engine config.

[h=2]Version 1.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-25

• Integrated Tweakscale exponent scaling (it no longer need an tweakscale exponent definition, bit is still overrides when present)
  • added property volumeExponent to InterstellarFuelSwitch partmodule (default value 3)
  • added property massExponent to InterstellarFuelSwitch partmodule (default value 3)
  • Removed InterstellarFuelSwitch tweakscale configuration files (moved to KSPI Extended)
  • Updated bundled Community Resource Pack to 0.4.2
  • Interstellar Gas Tanks now depend on stock tweakscale stack and surface

Sometimes I wonder if KSPI-E is played at all. For instance, today, I did a basic test run with the microwave receivers and I immediately made 2 observations. A: line of sight, doesn't work for planets (like Kerbin) and B: Transmitters/Relays in the atmosphere do not suffer any amount of penalty. This means there is no point of building a energy station in orbit and no point of building a relay network. Problem A might be a result of the KSP 1.0 changes but problem B is strange as the KSPI Wiki mentions it specifically. Has no one ever noticed this? Anyway, I fixed both issues. Transmitterers in the atmosphere are now also effected by the same penalty you receive when the microwave-receiver is in the atmosphere. This means putting your Atmospheric power station on the top of the mountain will pay off.

When you're inside a mod, you have a knowledge of it better than anyone other. You found those two little bugs, but can you suppose that any of the player would remember how much energy a reactor would generate and transmit?

I'm a very long time user of Interstellar, and until some months ago, I divided reactors in two categories: less than 2.5 GW or more than 2.5 GW, cause 2.5 GW it's what I need to make the Vista work... Interstellar it's a huge and complicated mod, and in this moment, you as a developer of it, will notice something that just you can. You coded it, you know it. The player see just the result, not the source...

P.S. I have still to try KSPI-E in 1.0...

Edited by Nansuchao

I was looking in the output log for something else when I saw this exception coming from interstellarfuelswitch, what is causing this one? I'm using the latest one that you uploaded today.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'InterstellarFuelSwitch': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarTextureSwitch2' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarMeshSwitch' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Also, MechJeb threw an exception at interstellarfuelswitch for some reason, not sure if I should ask you or sarbian about it:

MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I think the latest version is bugged. After i updated, i can no longer right click any of the tanks. No menu shows up. If i slap on an engine, KER doesent show any DeltaV either.

I think the latest version is bugged. After i updated, i can no longer right click any of the tanks. No menu shows up. If i slap on an engine, KER doesent show any DeltaV either.

I can confirm this, except that I can right click the tanks due to having tweakscale, and any existing crafts tanks can't be fuelswitched either.

Looking at the source of the latest update, I suspect a dependency on TweakScale.dll has been introduced accidentally, due to the addition of use of an interface from TweakScale. Will try adding just the TweakScale dll to my install and report further.

Damn, I tested it without Tweakscale, but it appears that was not enough :(

I think adding Scale_Redist.dll should fix the problem, as this is the file referenced

- - - Updated - - -

[h=2]Version 1.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-25

• Fixed problems caused by missing Scale_Redist.dll

Edited by FreeThinker

Is the list about which mods and partpacks use InterstellarFuelSwitch still up to date? So that currently only NFT is using the meshSwitch?

I would need as many examples as possible for a proper Integration into UbioWelding. Or should better ask directly, with the meshSwitch, the part is limited to one single model module right?

Edited by Alewx

please check your log, something must have gone wrong..

might this be the cause:

[WRN 19:35:39.323] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Resources\InterstellarResources.cfg'.
[ERR 19:35:39.324] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 19:35:39.325] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Tweakscale\FuelSwitchExponent.cfg'.
[ERR 19:35:39.326] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 19:35:39.327] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Tweakscale\FuelSwitchScaleType.cfg'.

might this be the cause:

[WRN 19:35:39.323] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Resources\InterstellarResources.cfg'.
[ERR 19:35:39.324] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 19:35:39.325] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Tweakscale\FuelSwitchExponent.cfg'.
[ERR 19:35:39.326] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 19:35:39.327] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Tweakscale\FuelSwitchScaleType.cfg'.

No, I made them empty because I no longer need them but I can only remove the old file by overwriting it with an empty file.

Is this mod supposed to work on all tanks (including the stock ones) or just some specific ones? So far I can only see right click options in the VAB with the tanks that came with KSPI-E.

Not by default, but soneone could create a Module Manage Mod which puts it on all parts. Some already have. Personally, I don't think that a good idea, but people are allowed to do anything what they want, I just provide tool tools to do it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.