[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Does this mean It ignores now fuels added by an alternative mod like real fuels kerosin?

It ignores any resource you specify in the resourcesToIgnore, the reverse (only affect listed resources is not available). But I shouldn't be hard to add something like that if your interested.

Edited by FreeThinker

[h=2]Version 1.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-06-01

• All resources that are not mentioned in resourceNames are now automatically ignored when switching tanks (which means resourcesToIgnore has become obsolete)

Uhhhh nice. ^^

I just tested it out. It now let you fill in the VAB the fuel that you want, calculate everthing correctly and works fine with procedural parts.

The stock tanks are a little more stupor. They refill itself with the last ISFS setup after loading on the pad.

Not really. It's more a cross mod compability issue. See the link to procedural parts above.

It happens to get messy if you try to fill a tank with real fuels by having isfs installed. You end up with a double filled tank. One filled by rf one with isfs.

A possible solution might be if you detect some fuel to ignore, than set the default to be an empty tank? Or the more complicated solution what NatanKell said.

Not really. It's more a cross mod compability issue. See the link to procedural parts above.

It happens to get messy if you try to fill a tank with real fuels by having isfs installed. You end up with a double filled tank. One filled by rf one with isfs.

A possible solution might be if you detect some fuel to ignore, than set the default to be an empty tank? Or the more complicated solution what NatanKell said.

Well, there os an option to use structural, it should technically not show anything

This mod is far less useful for non-modders now. I used to use this all the time for filling tanks with oxidizer for the LV-N, but that feature appears to have been removed.

Afaik you just need a fitting config. The cryo engine mod includes one.

Last time I tried, this removed ElectricCharge from part on which it was active. E.g. hovering on the part's icon in VAB showed it has ElectricCharge, but placing it showed only fuels. ElectricCharge was gone.

I checked part DB and EC was there as well as in MM cache, but not in actual game.

Edit: latest version does not seem to have this problem, though.

Edited by cipherpunks

Hullo, I was wonderingif the difference in attach type between the MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver-S sized and others is on purpose ?

(allowSrfAttach set to 0 for the little one)

Ty a lot for ur job freethinker, this mod is the main reason im still playing ksp

Hullo, I was wonderingif the difference in attach type between the MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver-S sized and others is on purpose ?

(allowSrfAttach set to 0 for the little one)

Ty a lot for ur job freethinker, this mod is the main reason im still playing ksp

Please ask this question in the KSPI-E threat

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem using this mod. My cfg is pretty simple, just adding a LF/OX, LF, OX switch to the stock tanks, but if I try to use one of the tanks in the VAB, the editor acts like the part has no root and won't let me move it around or anything. Even just dropping in a new command pod doesn't help.

Here's an example of the cfg:

@PART[Size3LargeTank]
{
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
resourceAmounts = 6480,7920;12960;15840
basePartMass =9
displayCurrentTankCost = false
hasGUI = true
availableInFlight = false
availableInEditor = true
showInfo = true
}
}

It's a stock install of KSP, Mod Manager & Interstellar are the only mods installed.

Ah, it's a bug, your tankMass is missing, but it should not be required, I will fix it

- - - Updated - - -

[h=2]Version 1.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-06-07

• Fixed part root problem when tankMass is missing
  • Fixed GUI for radial attached tanks

I wonder why stack gas tank has MP and ElectricCharge... That's no Service Module, methinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I'm still having that weird VAB problem when first part to place is IFS-enabled part - can't attach more parts; have to load some craft and press "new" to workaround this IIRC... What can be wrong? Yes I have CryoEngines installed too.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and BTW the model of stock PB-X750 Xenon Container, that is, xenonTankLarge, is much more visually appealing to me than the model of PB-X150 that is currently used by IFS part. Please change it.

Also, hiding or somehow getting rid of, stock parts (I mean Squad's radial + two stack Xe tanks) would be good too. But I suspect that doing it so the old crafts won't break AND the RAM will be conserved is impossible, no?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.