[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Is it possible to set up a config that allows the base mass of a tank to change when using a different fuel?

From what I have seen messing around with the cfg, the tank base mass is set there, taken directly from Squads cfgs, the way I have it set up, the mass of the tank does indeed change when I switch fuels. The game itself makes those changes based on the amounts entered from the cfg file.

@FreeThinker,

Do you know how the "displayCurrentTankCost" works? I've figured out how to have the game change the cost of the tank when switching fuel types, but nothing affects the Current Tank Cost in the GUI. I've tried "addedCost" as well but that appears to do nothing as well.

Here's the latest I've come up with, trying to keep it simple, I've given up on adding Ore to the cfg, no matter what I do, I can't get the cost to update correctly when configuring the tank to 0 Ore.

@PART[Size3LargeTank]
{
MODULE
{
name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
resourceGui = LFO;Liquid Fuel;Oxidizer
resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
resourceAmounts = 6480,7920;12960;15840
basePartMass = 9
volumeMultiplier = 1
massMultiplier = 1
displayCurrentTankCost = false
tankCost = 0;3758.4;-3758.4
hasGUI = true
availableInFlight = true
availableInEditor = true
showInfo = true
}
}

@FreeThinker,

Do you know how the "displayCurrentTankCost" works? I've figured out how to have the game change the cost of the tank when switching fuel types, but nothing affects the Current Tank Cost in the GUI. I've tried "addedCost" as well but that appears to do nothing as well.

Edit: actual, it already works. You can achieve it with tankCost

Example

tankCost = 1000;1200;1000;3000

- - - Updated - - -

Version 0.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-10

• Fixed Displayed Mass off 2th,or 3th resource (it was using the density of the first resource)

Edited by FreeThinker

Is it possible to have the editor mouseovers for the tanks display the LF/OX numbers again? I'm using the MM config from Nerteas Cryogenic Engines to apply the interstellar fuel switch to the stock tanks and nearly all mod tanks and it removes the fuel amount display in the editor.

Also, does this play nice with firespitter if I have that as well? Seems like it does.

Is it possible to have the editor mouseovers for the tanks display the LF/OX numbers again? I'm using the MM config from Nerteas Cryogenic Engines to apply the interstellar fuel switch to the stock tanks and nearly all mod tanks and it removes the fuel amount display in the editor.

No idea, I will investigate

Also, does this play nice with firespitter if I have that as well? Seems like it does.

Yes. The modules are separate, they should not interfere with each other

[h=2]Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-10

• NEW: Added Automatic tank cost calculation which will increase the cost of the tank based on resource unit cost and maximum resource storage amount
  • updated Community Resource Pack to 0.4.1

[h=2]Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-10

• NEW: Added Automatic tank cost calculation which will increase the cost of the tank based on resource unit cost and maximum resource storage amount
  • updated Community Resource Pack to 0.4.1

lol does this mean that tankCost is no longer needed? Also, what exactly does addedCost do?

I'm having an issue where although i have written a custom config and added it to the patches folder, and it is giving me the option to change fuel selection, the plugin's default setting is still there, giving me a double-patch on all parts:

http://imgur.com/ErDR4NK

Both work fine, but the double up is driving me crazy

Is there some way i can disable this?

EDIT: Am fool, problem solved by Exavier Macbeth

Edited by Shrike99

I'm having an issue where although i have written a custom config and added it to the patches folder, and it is giving me the option to change fuel selection, the plugin's default setting is still there, giving me a double-patch on all parts:

http://imgur.com/ErDR4NK

Both work fine, but the double up is driving me crazy

Is there some way i can disable this?

Two questions:

- Can you post your patch?

- Are you also using Nertea's Cryo Engines

The reason for the 2nd question is that he has a global script that adds a switchable tank to all tanks that contain both Liquid Fuel & Oxy (Stock, Mod, etc). If your using it and your patch doesn't account for it it can cause two fuel switch modules to get added to the part.

Two questions:

- Can you post your patch?

- Are you also using Nertea's Cryo Engines

The reason for the 2nd question is that he has a global script that adds a switchable tank to all tanks that contain both Liquid Fuel & Oxy (Stock, Mod, etc). If your using it and your patch doesn't account for it it can cause two fuel switch modules to get added to the part.

Ah.. that sneaky Nertea, that's probably it

I had removed his patch, but i guess when i installed his latest version i forgot to reremove it

Do feel a bit simple now, but eh, that's nothing new

Thx anyway:confused:

Have you tried InterstellarTextureSwitch ?

No, because I haven't figured out the parameters and how they work. I've looked at the source file, but the parameters aren't the same as those in FStextureSwitch2.

No, because I haven't figured out the parameters and how they work. I've looked at the source file, but the parameters aren't the same as those in FStextureSwitch2.

Well I only ported FStextureSwitch, I wasn't aware pwople needed FStextureSwitch2, I will add it as well in a next update

- - - Updated - - -

Bassicly, it provides functionality smilar to modular fuel tanks, right?

Modular Fuel Tanks is much more detailed but doesn't allow switching. Fuel Switch is more an intermediate between KSP tanks and Modular Fuel Tanks. I do plan to add more automation and improve the Interface, allowing you to switch easier to the Desired Propellant and not having to worry about FuelTank mass

Hey Freethinker, I'm getting lots of tankcost spam in my output log, it may also be causing some lag, but then again I'm doing this, which could also cause some lag as 300+ parts:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot50_zpscrqfswtw.png

Yes, there are 15 probes in there. I miss the Hangar mod, lol.

Output log: http://sta.sh/0u9tn3dgjgt

I can agree to this, I started the game and ran it for only 10 minutes, and had over 15 000 lines of "InsterstellarFuelSwitch: changed addedCost to 2937.6" and similar.

Well I only ported FStextureSwitch, I wasn't aware pwople needed FStextureSwitch2, I will add it as well in a next update

I'm surprised because B9 uses a FStextureSwitch2/FSfuelSwitch for one of its parts and there is a TAC Life Support declutter that also use FStextureSwitch2/FSfuelSwitch to configure the canisters. I was actually adapting the latter because it uses TweekScale and it consider it a bit too cheaty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.