[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Bug report: negative tank cost

To reproduce, add an IFS Cryogenic Tank to a vehicle, then set it up as a tritium tank. Now reduce the amount of liquid tritium to zero.

Expected result: (total tank cost) = (dry tank cost)

Actual result: (total tank cost) = (dry tank cost) - (max wet tank cost) < 0

8Rdfrbl.png

4 hours ago, singlet said:

Bug report: negative tank cost

To reproduce, add an IFS Cryogenic Tank to a vehicle, then set it up as a tritium tank. Now reduce the amount of liquid tritium to zero.

Expected result: (total tank cost) = (dry tank cost)

Actual result: (total tank cost) = (dry tank cost) - (max wet tank cost) < 0

8Rdfrbl.png

Ha ha ha.... this happend to me the other day, and now I have 70 mio. credits in my career game.... I think I will edit the save file, it is a bit easy when money is not an object.

Bug Report: negative tank cost, same bug as above, cost of fuel in tank does not affect the total cost

If you cycle through the various things IFS tanks can hold the cost does not change. Each tank has a certain cost specified in the files; this becomes the total prices when the tank is full. As you cycle through different resources the tank can contain the total price when full remains the same. Of course the value of the the resources vary in value. When empty the total value varies wildly and is negative for most resources. Recommendation: Code patch so that the tanks are empty by default and the listed price becomes the price when empty.

Bug report:

Upon updating to 2.3, All my LFO tanks lost their Liquid fuel, having oxidizer only. I uninstalled IFS and the tanks went back to standard. After reinstalling IFS 2.3, all my tanks that I had switched to liquid only have changed to LFO. This causes a huge problem with my NERV-equipped shuttles and landers as now they can't perform their intended missions

On 12/12/2016 at 3:12 AM, GentlyBent said:

Bug report:

Upon updating to 2.3, All my LFO tanks lost their Liquid fuel, having oxidizer only. I uninstalled IFS and the tanks went back to standard. After reinstalling IFS 2.3, all my tanks that I had switched to liquid only have changed to LFO. This causes a huge problem with my NERV-equipped shuttles and landers as now they can't perform their intended missions

I have somewhat similar bug. I have LFO tanks only having LF and I can't switch because there isn't any tool.1481943895-screenshot12.png

Hello, I use IFS 2.3.1 from CKAN, and it seems there's a problem with tank costs.
I understand IFS use the cost value for dry tank cost, instead of full tank cost like KSP (and I think it's better).
But when I cycle tank setups, the first setup uses cost as full tank cost. Only the others use it as dry tank cost.

12 hours ago, Shinsaka said:

Hello, I use IFS 2.3.1 from CKAN, and it seems there's a problem with tank costs.
I understand IFS use the cost value for dry tank cost, instead of full tank cost like KSP (and I think it's better).
But when I cycle tank setups, the first setup uses cost as full tank cost. Only the others use it as dry tank cost.

This is a feature, not a bug. It tries to maintain it original cost for it's initial, that way if you never change it, it cost would have been the same. However, you have a point that this might not always be desirable. What I could do is add an option the the partmodule which allows to switch this behavior off. Would that help you?

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

This is a feature, not a bug. It tries to maintain it original cost for it's initial, that way if you never change it, it cost would have been the same. However, you have a point that this might not always be desirable. What I could do is add an option the the partmodule which allows to switch this behavior off. Would that help you?

Would be great, thanks :)

Btw, is it possible to set the resource amounts for the setups ? For example, SimpleConstruction use IFS on the Holding Tanks to store Ore, Metal and RocketParts, but they don't stay at 0.

3 hours ago, Shinsaka said:

Btw, is it possible to set the resource amounts for the setups ? For example, SimpleConstruction use IFS on the Holding Tanks to store Ore, Metal and RocketParts, but they don't stay at 0.

Yes, you could use resourceAmounts

example:

resourceAmounts = 0,0;0,0

9 hours ago, Shinsaka said:

Hmm... I tried, but resourceAmounts sets the max amounts, not the current amounts.

Sorry, I meant to say initialResourceAmounts, it has the same format as resourceAmount, but override the default behavior of a full tank

Edited by FreeThinker

hi, I think I'm at the latest release, I got IFS from the KSP IE 1.11.12 but I ran into a bug while using one of the IFS tanks, scaled up ofcourse, to 3.75m the empty cryogenic tank weighs less than 0 and screws up with the craft's thrust, (it floats as a side effect) here is a screenshot.

8IXTa0D.png

can you fix the wrapper tanks as well? I don't think they should be able to contain lithium:

zFqnF3X.png

Edited by Charon Moloch
more bugs

Happy new year! @FreeThinker

in the last patch the tanks somehow doubled, I don't know how to fix:

i7XnkTA.png

On 12/30/2016 at 9:58 PM, Mokmo said:

About those wrapper tanks, do i need to get the mod to get them with LFO

@Mokmo It's easy to do it yourself, you'd have to guess the tank's volume tho.

@FreeThinker I just realized you are developing KSP-I and this mod that have been abandoned out of love of the concept without being payed, I really wish I could help you but my programming skills are pretty bad, what should I start to look up on google if i want to start fixing parts?

10 hours ago, Charon Moloch said:

@FreeThinker I just realized you are developing KSP-I and this mod that have been abandoned out of love of the concept without being payed, I really wish I could help you but my programming skills are pretty bad, what should I start to look up on google if i want to start fixing parts?

Well even if your a good c# programmer, ksp modding takes some time time getting used to. Of coerce you can still try with doing small fixes. Mundane stuff like cleaning up interface, improving usability, creating additional interfaces and gradually increase complexity. Alternatively you could like for improved/maintained  compatibility with other mods. There are a lot of MM script than need to be fixed or added. I don't have the time for this.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.