[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, Catbus said:

I can no longer find the tech tree node that unlocks the liquid and gas cryo tanks. Which one is it? I'm using Community Tech Tree.

Check icons to the Right of "Fuel Systems" Icon. (Icon looks like Gas pump nozzle)

Should be  in #3 "High Performance Fuels Systems" (looks like Gas Truck), or #4 "Specialized Fuel Storage" (Looks like Geodesic Sphere).

18 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Check icons to the Right of "Fuel Systems" Icon. (Icon looks like Gas pump nozzle)

Should be  in #3 "High Performance Fuels Systems" (looks like Gas Truck), or #4 "Specialized Fuel Storage" (Looks like Geodesic Sphere).

Yeah, that's what I figured. But they're not showing up, either there or in the parts inventory. I see the hex segment tanks, but not the full-size ones.

I'm experiencing a bug involving the IFS cryogenic tanks when placed in symmetry.

to reproduce, launch a craft with a probe core and two IFS Cryogenic Tank (CT2504) in symmetry around the core. without having changed the content settings, the tank(s) that I don't physically place become filled with fusion pellets when the craft actually loads onto the pad. the one tank that I did place is still filled with LH2.  upon reverting to VAB, it provides a bit more insight into what's happening. ..

when selecting through different contents settings on the one tank I placed, starting with liquid ammonia on the far left, and I click the next button, the selector bar moves over and says it should be Argon, but the actual contents still says liquid ammonia. then, after one more click over to CO, the tank switches to Argon. The pattern continues in such a way that I need to click the next button twice to get the tank to actually switch.  

What is interesting is that when scrolling through the content settings on one of the tanks which was placed by the symmetry,  you still have to click the next button twice to get the tank to actually change contents, but the contents setting bar itself has two entries for every chemical. so, starting on the far left at liquid ammonia, clicking the next button, the tank stays on ammonia, and the selector bar moves over just a little bit to another NH3 entry. then, clicking next brings you to argon, same thing, two entries in the selector bar. On these secondary tanks(that were placed by symmetry) the tank contents always corresponds to what the selector bar says, unlike the one tank I place. in both cases, you have to click next twice to get to the next chemical actually in the tank.  

I hope this description is enough to point you in the right direction and get this fixed. 

Download version 3.6.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 from here

Released on 2018-09-29

• Added Liquid Hydrogen LqdFuorine mix to Dual Tank configurations
  • Added missing Cryostats
  • Removed empty files
  • Fixed loss of LqdArgon on Big Sphere Tank
  • Fixed issue of exploding tanks during first 20 seconds after using engines
Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker I'm using 3.6.11... having some serious problems with the IFS Cryogenic tanks.. the CT-2503 in particular, may affect others(?)

Anyway, I have a test craft using lightbulb engines and diborane.  So there's a center tank, and 4 wings (using 4x radial symmetry) connected to 4 more CT-2503 tanks.  I set all the tanks to Diborane.  all 5 of them.  I launch the craft, and the center tank is still diborane, but the side tanks have magically shifted, one to CO2 and 3 to Argon.  If I revert back to VAB, the resources are wrong still.  If I fix it again and launch, it breaks again.

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Download Version 3.6.12 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 from here

Released on 2018-10-06

• Fixes involuntary Resource switching in symmetric IFS Tanks with Mesh Switch
  • Fixes display issue with fluent resource converter

Thanks @FreeThinker - glad it wasn't too difficult of a problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to reproduce an annoying bug with the IFS inflatable tank for liquids (might e for all tanks when using them in symmetry).

You can't switch a tank if it's not almost empty, and that's fine, but what happens when you -

1. Have  several tanks in symmetry.
2. Empty one of them (might be the "first" one), and have the rest of them non-empty.
3. Switch the empty one into another one (e.g. LH2 to LiquidCO2)
4. Reload the vessel (i.e. switch to another vessel and return)

- Is that all the tanks become the second material (e.g. LiquidCO2) and remain filled.

Edit: It gets weirded - after emptying some of the tanks into other tanks and doing this trick, some of the inflatable tanks got filled somehow, meaning this exploit is even more, ahm, exploitable.

Edited by Omeran

IFS Version 3.6.15 is now available for KSP 1.3.1KSP 1.4.5 and KSP 1.5.1

Released on 2018-11-04

• Added Liquid Helium and Liquid Argon to Duel Fuel Tank
  • Added debugMode property
  • Sorted tanks in Duel Fuel Tank Alphabetically
  • Fixed issue where switching tank in flight would affect symmetric siblings
Edited by FreeThinker

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've seen to encounter another bug. This time it is has to deal with the thermal rockets not being able to switch fuels in the VAB. It shows up as an empty field. Attaching fuel and/or reactors does not fix the problem.

Here are some pictures of the bug.

https://imgur.com/a/35v11Ih

It seemed to be working fine before a certain point, before I deployed a new ground station. After that a reinstall and new save did not fix the problem.

EDIT: It's caused by the Engine being the root part before any reactors are placed.

Edited by TheRag

18 hours ago, TheRag said:

Hello,

I've seen to encounter another bug. This time it is has to deal with the thermal rockets not being able to switch fuels in the VAB. It shows up as an empty field. Attaching fuel and/or reactors does not fix the problem.

Here are some pictures of the bug.

https://imgur.com/a/35v11Ih

It seemed to be working fine before a certain point, before I deployed a new ground station. After that a reinstall and new save did not fix the problem.

EDIT: It's caused by the Engine being the root part before any reactors are placed.

This is a KSPIE issue, not a IFS bug

You cannot switch propellant until it is connected to some reactor

Edited by FreeThinker

8 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums.

For what?

For in career mode how do you unlock the ability to use these different fuel types for each tank. In creative mode all these fuel tank types are all unlocked except for in career mode however. In the teck trees there doesn't seem to be anything that says anything to do with unlocking the ability to change tank fuels any farther than the default. 

Where's the config that defines at what tech level monoprop becomes available in stock tanks? I'm playing an early to mid-game career and I can't configure tanks for monoprop yet, so I want to adjust the tech requirement.

Thanks!

On 11/29/2018 at 2:58 AM, Tyko said:

Where's the config that defines at what tech level monoprop becomes available in stock tanks? I'm playing an early to mid-game career and I can't configure tanks for monoprop yet, so I want to adjust the tech requirement.

Thanks!

GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationLiquidFuel.cfg

Version 3.6.16 is now For KSP 1.3.1, KSP 1.4.5 and KSP 1.5.1

Released on 2018-12-01

• Added Kerosene + Liquid Oxygen configuration to IFS Duel Fuel tanks
  • Added NuclearSaltWater configuration to Nuclear Storage Tank
  • Fixed display configuration for IFS Duel Tanks
Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker Could you also adopt the module FSinfoPopup from Firespitter?

Now, after I added my personal patch to rename all FS modules to IFS modules, the only reason for me to still stick on FS is the FSinfoPopup ...

Edit:

Before I forget - if you dare to adopt that module - it got a bug. Only one module of that kind is allowed on a vessel. As soon as there are more (from start or after docking), it throws issues.
I mention that because there is an old post from 2015 or so with a simple patch to add this module to every ModuleCommand ... which obviously creates a lot of issues.

I understand the logic, when there are more of this, they conflict.

• several "checklists", which one is valid?

So, they could be added to each module command, but then they need prioritizing or even better: switchable pages with the vessel naming priority taken into account.

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@FreeThinker Could you also adopt the module FSinfoPopup from Firespitter?

Now, after I added my personal patch to rename all FS modules to IFS modules, the only reason for me to still stick on FS is the FSinfoPopup ...

Edit:

Before I forget - if you dare to adopt that module - it got a bug. Only one module of that kind is allowed on a vessel. As soon as there are more (from start or after docking), it throws issues.
I mention that because there is an old post from 2015 or so with a simple patch to add this module to every ModuleCommand ... which obviously creates a lot of issues.

I understand the logic, when there are more of this, they conflict.

• several "checklists", which one is valid?

So, they could be added to each module command, but then they need prioritizing or even better: switchable pages with the vessel naming priority taken into account.

From looking at FSinfoPopup it  is nothing but simple popup partmodule when activates when switching to flight mode. The reason you cannot add more than one Popup is because it uses a fixed Id, simply using a random id should fix it. I guess this partmodule could be very useful to help newbies instruct how to properly use a part and therefore a worthy addition. I will add it next release.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.