[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

@Agustin The Cryostat is currently part of KSPI  and the error messages will disappear if you install it. However, if you are not interested in cryogenic anyway, you can simply ignore it.

Do note that I have plans to move the Cryogenic part module, or more specifically improved version of it, as an integrated part of IFS

Thanks for reminding me.

On 28-11-2017 at 5:30 AM, Caelus5 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to make this mod apply to all tanks in game without adding all of the KSPISE resources/tanks on top?

I just want to fuel switch stock parts, and Airplane Plus parts, not add a whole lot of stuff I won't use in my current game :P

There is an option to do that if you have installed @linuxgurugamer Patchmanager

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Download Version 2.10.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 from here

Released on 2017-12-11

• Added Improved Chinese Localization
  • Fixed incompatibility with Module Manager 3.0.x
  • Fixed conversion ratio between mass-less resources
Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

One more question for clarification as this seems to have changed a lot since I last used it.  It bundles with CRP, Tweakscale, and PatchManager - but the documentation  in the OP doesn't clarify which are required dependencies, no readme file, etc.  I assume CRP is required, but Tweakscale and PatchManager are optional convenience mods? 

I'd love to switch to using PM but in playing with it (currently gearing up for a new modded career after a big break) it seems buggy unstable and unfinished so I'd rather stick with my own patches

Second, none of the stock monopropellant tanks are included?  Is there example code of what I need to add for those?

Third, wow there are a LOT of new tank parts added now.  Can I safely just delete the whole Parts folder if I just want fuel switching added to stock parts?

Edited by fourfa

On 12/11/2017 at 10:14 PM, FreeThinker said:

Download Version 2.10.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 from here

Released on 2017-12-11

• Added Improved Chinese Localization
  • Fixed incompatibility with Module Manager 3.0.x
  • Fixed conversion ratio between mass-less resources

not sure why, but in 2.10.3 i get error on module manager on the CDT7Settings again?

maybe line 119 ? (last entry for parts) :

@PART[CDT????|IfsWrapper*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]]:AFTER[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

can this be the problem???

never mind me, it was fixed, somehow i was using the older verision

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've been using IFS for a while now. The other day (the 8th) I got a notice saying that a new version of Patch Manager was available, and so I went ahead and downloaded/installed it. Since then, Module Manager has been giving me the same error message when the game loads: 

SWH7hKY.png

I haven't noticed any effect on my gameplay just yet, but figured I'd try to figure out exactly what was going on. Already checked with the Patch Manager folks and they told me to try over here.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but could someone briefly explain how to use the PatchManager option/patches in IFS?

Background:
I dont have PatchManager (the mod) installed.
In IFS, there used to be some MM patches in the "patches" folder, and I used to delete those that I did not want. Case done.

Now with PatchManager I am somewhat confused what gets applied when and where, expecially if the PM mod is *not* installed...

For simplicity I just deleted the whole "Patches" and "PatchManager" folders within IFS, to make sure I dont get stuff applied that I dont want. But somehow I am too square to understand how this PM system is supposed to work, would appreciate a quick explanation.

Edited by TheDog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am not sure what I am missing but, mesh switch doesn't work for me. I can't find the way to change Lqd to Gas tanks. Defo it doesn't look like screenshots you have on the begin of this thread.

Interestingly part info shows converter modules but nothing appear in VAB or flight. 

UPDATE : Found it, all mods are fine, just missing Community Tech Tree

Album 3ix67zx will appear when post is submitted
and my GameData
Album qbeo9rp will appear when post is submitted
modules listed in vab
Album aq9Ncji will appear when post is submitted

Edited by OzzyK
update on findings

On 2/10/2018 at 6:39 PM, b0ss said:

Will anything break if I delete the "Parts" and "TweakScale" folders and remove xenon and structural from the resource config file?

Nope, it should work as long if you don't corrupt the file syntactically

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey, there are waaaay too many part switchers/tank configurators out there. I KNOW because I have waaaaaaaay too many mods in my modpack... One such conflict is "    name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = fuelSwitch" 

If a tank is explicitly configured to use B9 part switch, don't trash that config!  The default config should look for the presence of this, or any other [known], fuel switch setting and not add any IFS patch when such a config is detected. 

15 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Hey, there are waaaay too many part switchers/tank configurators out there. I KNOW because I have waaaaaaaay too many mods in my modpack... One such conflict is "    name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = fuelSwitch" 

If a tank is explicitly configured to use B9 part switch, don't trash that config!  The default config should look for the presence of this, or any other [known], fuel switch setting and not add any IFS patch when such a config is detected. 

As far as I know IFs does exactly do that (not add itself unless no other known switcher is present)

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

source: https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/blob/master/GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/IntegrationLiquidFuel.cfg

but I'm not sure if other mods play as nice as IFS does

Well, I have an example... Near Future Launch Vehicles, where I took that code snippet from. the version of IFS I have installed right now, does install itself over top of the explicitly configured B9 part switch module.

6 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Well, I have an example... Near Future Launch Vehicles, where I took that code snippet from. the version of IFS I have installed right now, does install itself over top of the explicitly configured B9 part switch module.

Alright, I see the problem now, going to fix it soon

A new release IFS 2.12  can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Added PartModule IFSCryostat for simulating cryogenic storage

* Added  IFSRadioactiveDecay for simulating radioactive decay

* Added property displayWetDryMass which will suppress showing wet/dry ratio info

* Fixed missing Cryostat functionality when KSPIE was not installed

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.