[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Hi, I'm trying to install the last updates of IFS and IFS Core via CKAN (3.14.0.5 and 3.14.1.5), I have KSP 1.8.1.

This error appear:
"Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.14.1.5 via the CKAN, then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/Plugins/MiniAVC.xml

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!"

Is there something I can do or that I'm doing wrong?

@FreeThinker I'm showing dupes in my log for CompressedAir and Shielding. CompressedAir is from CRP and Shielding is from Kerbalism but IFS has its own definitions for both. You affect the cost of both but I don't see why they should be trying to apply themselves when I have CRP and Kerbalism installed and thus want to use their definitions

• 2 weeks later...

In how far is this compatable with 1.9.1? I'm running into the issue that stock tanks don't offer the all the fuels in the switch window but when looking at the part descripton the fuels listed are correct. I just can't switch to them.

(edit) solved it. Was a tech tree lock.

Edited by patton446

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, RedDragon91GoW said:

Hi, I'm trying to install the last updates of IFS and IFS Core via CKAN (3.14.0.5 and 3.14.1.5), I have KSP 1.8.1.

This error appear:
"Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed, or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.14.1.5 via the CKAN, then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/Plugins/MiniAVC.xml

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!"

Is there something I can do or that I'm doing wrong?

It happens sometimes.

Just delete the aforementioned MiniAVC.xml, and update the mods again.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to add custom fuels to the tank? I'd like to add one of my mods fuel types to IFS and not sure which files to edit. I'd like a few parts to support Hyper Plutonium and Dark Goo.

Edited by KIMCHI

[ERR 18:40:41.076] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'InterstellarFuelSwitch': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <2c9e31d65a604d1980fb0cb89728fc1e>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Scale_Redist, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Where do i find this Scale_Redist that is missing?

I'm experiencing an issue with Fuel Switch:
I'm using parts, with fuel tanks, so they get handled by LF/O Integration patch. But these parts also contain Electric Charge Resource, and it's values somehow gets altered by Interstellar Fuel Switch. I can see correct values in the VAB, but it's always 0.04 for the loaded vessel. Part on the screenshot must have 4200 Ec (visible in VAB) according to MM Cache
screenshot29.png

These are my ModuleManager.log and Modulemanager.ConfigCache
Part on the screenshot is j_cockpit_qs - from OPT Space Plane mod

Edited by Cosmonauth

Ok, after some poking around I've figured out the following:

ModuleStorageCryostat - when added to parts with already present EC resource causes the problem, described in my previous post.

I have no idea if this a bug, or a feature.

Edited by Cosmonauth

Is there a way to remove boil off from the mod via a setting? It's a bit of a pain to work with when if I time warp too fast I lose all my LH2. Not to mention the massive solar panels and batteries I always need.

@FreeThinker I am sorry for tagging you, but I believe I found a bug:

ModuleStorageCryostat - when added to parts with already present EC resource, removes it and leaves only electricCharge buffer.
It happens when vessel is loaded (runway),  In VAB/SPH all values remains as they should be.

In my case it happens with OPT Cockpit parts. To make it all playable I have to remove ModuleStorageCryostat from that parts with MM patch, which makes stuff kinda unrealistic.

Once again I apologize for being impatient, but I'm stuck at home quarantined, playing games, you know =)

1 hour ago, Cosmonauth said:

@FreeThinker I am sorry for tagging you, but I believe I found a bug:

ModuleStorageCryostat - when added to parts with already present EC resource, removes it and leaves only electricCharge buffer.
It happens when vessel is loaded (runway),  In VAB/SPH all values remains as they should be.

In my case it happens with OPT Cockpit parts. To make it all playable I have to remove ModuleStorageCryostat from that parts with MM patch, which makes stuff kinda unrealistic.

Good point, I will make the ElectricCharge buffer configurable, allowing you to bypass this problem. If an ElectricCharge resource is present in VAB, it will automatically disable itself unless overridden

Edited by FreeThinker

19 hours ago, HippieGold said:

Is there a way to remove boil off from the mod via a setting? It's a bit of a pain to work with when if I time warp too fast I lose all my LH2. Not to mention the massive solar panels and batteries I always need.

Any help on this one? @FreeThinker

Edited by HippieGold

Still can't quite figure out how to add custom fuels to IFS. Can someone lead the way for me? I'd like to add Dark Goo and Hyper Plutonium to my Fuel Tanks and OPT parts. Thanks a million!

Version 3.16.0.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1 - 1.9.1

Released on 2020-05-22

• Added LiteFuels
  • Fixed issue where tweakscale config could disappear
  • Balance: lowered mass ratios Cryogenic Storage Tanks
  • Balance: Improved mass ratios inline sphere tanks
  • Balance: lowered cost inline sphere tanks
  • Balance: lowered effect scaling on mass ratios

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 3.16.0.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1 - 1.9.1

Released on 2020-05-22

• Added LiteFuels
  • Fixed issue where tweakscale config could disappear
  • Balance: lowered mass ratios Cryogenic Storage Tanks
  • Balance: Improved mass ratios inline sphere tanks
  • Balance: lowered cost inline sphere tanks
  • Balance: lowered effect scaling on mass ratios

What is LiteFuels?

On 5/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, KIMCHI said:

Still can't quite figure out how to add custom fuels to IFS. Can someone lead the way for me? I'd like to add Dark Goo and Hyper Plutonium to my Fuel Tanks and OPT parts. Thanks a million!

DarkGoo?

HyperPlutonium?

What is the meaning of that technobable? Seriously, Im curious

Edited by AntaresMC

@FreeThinker

Getting some really strange results.  In FuelTanksPlus, if the only part switcher installed is IFS, then InterstellarTextureSwitch2is added to the three radial tanks.  Selecting ANY of those tanks results in the following:

[IFS]: TPtankR01(Clone) modularTank.GuiName is null

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[IFS]: SwitchOrAssign Error: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

[IFS]: SelectTankSetup Error: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

[IFS]: AssignResourcesToPart Error: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

[IFS]: SwitchOrAssign Error: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

Here is what results after MM does it's thing:

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = FuelTanksPlus/Radial/TPtankR01.cfg
	PART
	{
		name = TPtankR01
		module = Part
		author = NecroBones
		rescaleFactor = 1.0
		node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1
		TechRequired = advFuelSystems
		entryCost = 2000
		cost = 250
		category = Propulsion
		subcategory = 0
		title = RP-100 Pressurized Tank
		manufacturer = Fuel Tanks Plus
		description = A color-coded, radial propellant storage tank, for Monopropellant, Liquid Fuel, or Oxidizer. Our engineers assure us that it was never used for household propane. NOTE: This tank requires use of a fuel line, or manual fuel transfer, for Liquid Fuel or Oxidizer to flow. For your convenience.
		tags = ftp plus tube press fueltank rcs propellant rocket radial
		attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1
		mass = 0.0625
		dragModelType = default
		maximum_drag = 0.2
		minimum_drag = 0.2
		angularDrag = 2
		crashTolerance = 12
		maxTemp = 2000
		bulkheadProfiles = srf
		fuelCrossFeed = True
		MODEL
		{
			model = FuelTanksPlus/Radial/TPtankR01
			scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
			texture = TPtankR-rimRed-Specular, FuelTanksPlus/Radial/TPtankR-rimGold-Specular
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			amount = 45
			maxAmount = 45
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			amount = 55
			maxAmount = 55
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleCrossFeed
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
			crossfeedStatus = false
			toggleEditor = true
			toggleFlight = true
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = TweakScale
			type = free
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = KSP_DataDump
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
			hasSwitchChooseOption = False
			tankSwitchNames = MonoProp;LF+OX;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
			textureRootFolder = FuelTanksPlus/Radial/
			textureNames = TPtankR-rimGold-Specular;TPtankR-rimBlack-Specular;TPtankR-rimRed-Specular;TPtankR-rimBlue-Specular
			textureDisplayNames = MonoPropellant;LF+OX;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
			useFuelSwitchModule = true
			fuelTankSetups = 0; 1; 2; 3
			objectNames = TPtankR-rim
			nextButtonText = Next Variant
			prevButtonText = Previous Variant
			statusText = Current Variant
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
			useTextureSwitchModule = True
			tankSwitchNames = MonoProp;LF+OX;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
			resourceNames = MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
			resourceAmounts = 125;45,55;90;110
			tankMass = 0.0675;0.035;0.035;0.035
			basePartMass = 0.0
			displayCurrentTankCost = true
			hasGUI = false
			availableInFlight = false
			availableInEditor = true
			showInfo = false
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleFuelJettison
		}
	}
}

Let me know if you need anything else.  The short term solution is to disable the patch which adds it, but would be nice to have it fixed.

I tried removing the "useFuelSwitchModule = true" from the texture switch - seems to let it work.  Is this the correct solution?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.