[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

mmm, is anyone else having this problem? Have you tried removing you Module manager cache?

I reverted back to 2.0.2 and it work fine for me. No i have not try removing my module manager cache. I DL it from spacedock.

Edit- Deleted all module manager and did a fresh install of mod and still no luck with 2.0.5

Edited by BioRoots
Extra info

What version of Module Manager are you using? I only tested with 2.6.24

1 hour ago, EnigmaG said:

2.0.5 works fine for me, nice work.

Could you please integrate alumina and aluminium in the stock ore tanks?

Like dis:

AluLargeTank.cfg

@PART[LargeTank]
{
 MODULE
    {
	name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	resourceGui = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium
	resourceNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium
	resourceAmounts = 1500;1500;1500;1500
	basePartMass = 2

resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant
	volumeMultiplier = 1
	volumeExponent = 3
	massMultiplier = 1
	massExponent = 3
	displayCurrentTankCost = false
	displayCurrentBoilOffTemp = false
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = true
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = true
    }

}

AluRadialTank.cfg

@PART[RadialOreTank]
{
 MODULE
    {
	resourceAmounts = 75;75;75;75;75;75;75
	basePartMass = 0.125

volumeMultiplier = 1
	volumeExponent = 3
	massMultiplier = 1
	massExponent = 3
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = true
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = true
    }

}

AluSmallTank.cfg

@PART[SmallTank]
{
 MODULE
    {
	resourceAmounts = 300;300;300;300;300;300;300
	basePartMass = 0.5

volumeMultiplier = 1
	volumeExponent = 3
	massMultiplier = 1
	massExponent = 3
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = true
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = true
    }

}

PS: A way to use stock drills to harvest interstellar surface resources would be nice, too.

Good idea, I will see if I can integrate this. Would be nice if someone did some leg work on the drills, my hand are kind of full

Edited by FreeThinker

hey there.

when selecting the "structural" tanks using the switch, is there a simple way to add in the toggle a MM patch for CLS ( connected living space ) ...ie with structural tanks selected so no fuel so kerbals can "walk" through

cheers

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Good idea, I will see if I can integrate this. Would be nice if someone did some leg work on the drills, my hand are kind of full

Sorry,  i do not have the skill for it.

PS: I have forgotten to delete the surplus values at "resourceAmounts ="

Edited by EnigmaG

8 hours ago, BioRoots said:

I reverted back to 2.0.2 and it work fine for me. No i have not try removing my module manager cache. I DL it from spacedock.

Edit- Deleted all module manager and did a fresh install of mod and still no luck with 2.0.5

I see now I accidently added a dependancy on KSPI-E. This is why it worked at my computer.

Edited by FreeThinker

Interstellar fuel switch causes a bug with part welder , it makes monoprop and xenon dissapear after welding  i use mk2 expansion which uses IFS never used to have a problem with it before the latest update now i can't weld monoprop and xenon anymore. I was wondering what could be causing it since older versions of mk2 and IFS welded fine .

PS : mk2 expansion parts still weld fine as they always have and my test weld this morning used just stock tanks so it must be therefore comming from IFS ty for any help :)

Edited by ThePixeledFox
a ps

1 hour ago, ThePixeledFox said:

Interstellar fuel switch causes a bug with part welder , it makes monoprop and xenon dissapear after welding  i use mk2 expansion which uses IFS never used to have a problem with it before the latest update now i can't weld monoprop and xenon anymore. I was wondering what could be causing it since older versions of mk2 and IFS welded fine .

PS : mk2 expansion parts still weld fine as they always have and my test weld this morning used just stock tanks so it must be therefore comming from IFS ty for any help :)

The reason that probably worked is because mk2 expansion  probably didn't include Xenon in the resource switch list and IFS MM script does.. To fix it, you first have to merge it with a part that contains IFS, the IFS MM script will then not activate itself and add a generic IFS which will remove any xenon and monopropellant

Edited by FreeThinker

When IFS updated today, CKAN refused to update, claiming it had been installed via some other method (it had not).

I removed the folder manually and it updated, but I've lost some fuel tanks that had been in the IFS folder (inside a Parts\InterstellarGasTank folder?) Did these come from somewhere other than this mod?

Edit: Ah, found them. KSPI-E did it. Uninstall, reinstall, wait to see if it breaks again next update.

Edited by Tfin

I think the whole update failing via CKAN is because of the MiniAVC.xml file being distributed with IFS. Normally this is a user created file and CKAN wants to put the one coming with IFS in its place but won't overwrite a user created file so it fails. Me thinks FreeThinker included it by mistake.

I could be wrong but once I deleted my own version of the file CKAN updated IFS without issue.

Edited by OldLost

On 13.5.2016 at 0:10 PM, FreeThinker said:

What version of Module Manager are you using? I only tested with 2.6.24

Thanks to your IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg was i able to simplify my  OreSwitch.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	%totalCap = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$

%masswore = #$%totalCap$
	@masswore /= #$mass$
	@masswore /= 100

%masswalu = 0.398
	@masswalu *= #$masswore$

%masswalum = 0.277
	@masswalum *= #$masswore$

MODULE
	{
		tankSwitchNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium
		resourceAmounts = #$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		tankResourceMassDivider = #$../masswore$;$../masswalu$;$../masswalum$	

}

}
@PART[*]:FINAL
{
	// Remove temporary variables to eliminate log spam

!totalCap = 0
	!masswore = 0
	!masswalu =0
	!masswalum = 0
}

PS: What´s the command "!MODULE" doing?

Edited by EnigmaG

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@EnigmaG  from my understanding !MODULE  means a particular module should not found in a part. It allows you to specifically skip parts you want to leave alone.

Thanks, in this case i add better

,!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]

to the first line.

On 5/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, OldLost said:

I think the whole update failing via CKAN is because of the MiniAVC.xml file being distributed with IFS. Normally this is a user created file and CKAN wants to put the one coming with IFS in its place but won't overwrite a user created file so it fails. Me thinks FreeThinker included it by mistake.

I could be wrong but once I deleted my own version of the file CKAN updated IFS without issue.

Can I just say that I'm having this issue too.

Lots of mods seem to have a miniAVC.xml file so I can't figure out what if anything I should delete.

I assume the fault must be something in IFS because all the other mods update fine.

3 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

Is it normal, intended that the dry mass change in switching propellant at ISF-Parts?

I think so, I noted this before FreeThinker said the differences reflected the variation in structural integrity of tanks to confine different fuel types.

On 14/05/2016 at 5:40 PM, FreeThinker said:

The reason that probably worked is because mk2 expansion  probably didn't include Xenon in the resource switch list and IFS MM script does.. To fix it, you first have to merge it with a part that contains IFS, the IFS MM script will then not activate itself and add a generic IFS which will remove any xenon and monopropellant

im confused i dont know what you mean i dont understand scripts

On 17-5-2016 at 4:42 PM, EnigmaG said:

T7I8hJe.pngIs it normal, intended that the dry mass change in switching propellant at ISF-Parts?

Yes it is. It allows fuels like LiquidHydrogen actualy be better when you want to maximise your DeltaV while in space. Notice that if you want, you can configure the mass to remain the same, no matter how light or heavy the resource is. Note you can also switch in flight while the tank is empty and you have advanced tanks fuel tanks reseached. In this case, the mass will of cource remain the same, no matter the propellant.

10 minutes ago, ThePixeledFox said:

im confused i dont know what you mean i dont understand scripts

Simply put, you need to change the order of fusing.

Edited by FreeThinker

Anybody install the latest update and it breaks an existing career game?  CKAN told me that there was an update - so I installed it.  When I started my existing career game it told me 2 of my ships were unloaded due to a missing fuel tank and wouldn't let me do anything.  I could only enter the R&D area and I couldn't exit again.  It wouldn't let me exit the game either - I had to do that from windows.  So I uninstalled IFS and the core and the same thing happened. I reinstalled IFS and the same thing happened - each time telling me two of my vessels couldn't be loaded.  Any ideas as to how to salvage my career game?  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.