[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Yes there is. There are 2 variables which control scaling: massExponent and volumeExponent. By default they scale with exponent 3 (volume), you can override these vales either tank drymass with massExponent and/or tank wetmass with volumeExponent.

Where are these variables? What config file do I need to edit?

Edited by Thorbane

Where are these variables? What config file do I need to edit?

See example on the first page

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's the problem. The fuel locking is in stock, but with IFS installed, it's status does not persist. I'll do some more testing and see if I can't confirm it is IFS. It could be the way CCC is configuring it. It's hard for me to tell.

EDIT:

Definitely somehow related to IFS. Here is what it looks like without IFS. If I save the craft and re-load it later, this tank stays locked (that tank is meant to be a refill tank for the lander so I want it not used, using IFS it is supposed to be the only one there with Oxidizer because it is a NERV stage).

http://i.imgur.com/zIlnRvP.png

However, if I install IFS again, saving and loading the craft results in the tanks being unlocked. Again, I don't know enough about your mod to know that it isn't CCC mis-configuring it somehow, if you think that is it I can take it over to his thread. No matter what I do as long as IFS is installed, the tanks will be unlocked every time I reload the craft.

http://i.imgur.com/NZc2yL5.png

How come you can switch fuel tank even without IFS installed?

At a guess, it's because of ColourCodedCannisters, which includes mesh/fuel switching. Here's the config it uses:

@PART[Size3SmallTank]:FOR[ColorCodedCans]:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch|InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines]
{
MODULE
{
name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines] = FSfuelSwitch
name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoEngines] = InterstellarFuelSwitch
resourceGui:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = LiquidFuel+Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer
resourceAmounts = 1620,1980;3240;3960
basePartMass = 2.25
}
}

Now, to me, that first NEEDS looks a little iffy and I don't know if MM works on NEEDS as far down as MODULE names, I thought it could do it at the PART and MODULE level, but no further.. hmm..

I think it has a fallback script to Firespitter, which I did not uninstall for this test. I'm not really sure.

EDIT: Confirmed. Removing Firespitter AND IFS removes everything from the menu except the LFO sliders. So CCC uses IFS and if it can't find IFS it uses Firespitter. That also means Firespitter doesn't break the tank locking which makes me think more and more this is an IFS issue.

Did some poking around in his configs, here is how he does it.

MODULE
{
name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FSmeshSwitch
name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarMeshSwitch
objects = CCtank1m-Stock;CCtank1m-White;CCtank1m-Checkered;CCtank1m-Black;CCtank1m-Green;CCtank1m-Blue
objectDisplayNames = Stock;Vega;Redstone;Vanguard;Soyuz;Delta
affectColliders = false
buttonName = Next Variant
previousButtonName = Previous Variant
}

Edited by Alshain

• 4 weeks later...

It still doesn't work for me, I'm using 1.18 and neither stock or mod tanks are fuel switchable. The little fuel tank that comes with it is switchable, but nothing else is.

output log from a stripped down branchoff KSP: http://sta.sh/0ihb0ob96qr

Edit: OR, I need an MM config I guess.

Edited by smjjames

What do I need to change to change the amount of lH2/lO2 in tanks? I want to modify some prollant:mass ratios. I could just edit an existing tank (Or make one with procedural parts) to have the desired dry mass and H2/O2, but if there's a way I'd like to change how much H2/O2 this mod gives fuel tanks.

Hello, FreeThinker! Thanks for the work you've done on IFS thus far, I'm finding it a really nifty plug to use.

One question though: When we add our resourceAmounts = (numbers), is there anything in the plugin's API to define resourceMinimums and resourceMaximums separately? I know it's easy enough just to keep it as-is and tweak the slider(s) to the desired levels, but I can't seem to locate an in-depth guide to IFS that can tell me.

(Either that or I'm not using Google Search well enough ;) )

If those particular definitions aren't in IFS, may I make a feature request for them? :D

Thanks in advance.

This might be the wrong place (I posted in Fuel Tanks plus also), but I can't seem to modify the volume of these special tanks via module manager. When I use the following, I see the volume increase in the part selector, but once I place the part the volume returns to normal.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:AFTER[FuelTanksPlus]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]
	{
		@volume *= 1.5
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]]:AFTER[FuelTanksPlus]
{
	@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
	{
		@amount *= 1.5
		@maxAmount *= 1.5 
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]]:AFTER[FuelTanksPlus]
{
	@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
	{
		@amount *= 1.5
		@maxAmount *= 1.5 
	}
}

The result is what you see below:

%7Boption%7D http://imgur.com/gAeIssJ  (compare the right-click volume to the part selector volume)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I attempted an Interstellar fuel switch patch. 

@PART[SmallTank]
{
MODULE
{
	name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	resourceGui = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
	resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
	resourceAmounts = 300;300;600
	basePartMass = 0.5
	tankMass = 0.5;0.5;0.5
	volumeExponent = 3
	massMultiplier = 1
	massExponent = 3
	displayCurrentTankCost = false
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = true
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = true
}
}
@PART[LargeTank]
{
MODULE
{
	name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	resourceGui = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
	resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
	resourceAmounts = 1500;1500;3000
	basePartMass = 2
	tankMass = 2;2;2
	volumeExponent = 3
	massMultiplier = 1
	massExponent = 3
	displayCurrentTankCost = false
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = true
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = true
}
}

It doesn't work, even if it is not generating any Module manager errors on startup.

Can you help me?

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a module manager cfg file a few versions ago that added fuel switching to all tanks. I can't seem to find it anymore on the forums or via google. The few links that looked promising are dead (KerbalStuff has been shutdown). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.