[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

12 hours ago, Iam aspaceman said:

Anybody install the latest update and it breaks an existing career game?  CKAN told me that there was an update - so I installed it.  When I started my existing career game it told me 2 of my ships were unloaded due to a missing fuel tank and wouldn't let me do anything.  I could only enter the R&D area and I couldn't exit again.  It wouldn't let me exit the game either - I had to do that from windows.  So I uninstalled IFS and the core and the same thing happened. I reinstalled IFS and the same thing happened - each time telling me two of my vessels couldn't be loaded.  Any ideas as to how to salvage my career game?  

Do you know what part it was saying was missing? A screenshot of the error would be great. That will help to figure it out.

15 hours ago, Iam aspaceman said:

Anybody install the latest update and it breaks an existing career game?  CKAN told me that there was an update - so I installed it.  When I started my existing career game it told me 2 of my ships were unloaded due to a missing fuel tank and wouldn't let me do anything.  I could only enter the R&D area and I couldn't exit again.  It wouldn't let me exit the game either - I had to do that from windows.  So I uninstalled IFS and the core and the same thing happened. I reinstalled IFS and the same thing happened - each time telling me two of my vessels couldn't be loaded.  Any ideas as to how to salvage my career game?  

I highly doubt this is related to IFS. At worst  you will not be able switch in the VAB or you get a black screen or exception spam, but not a save corruption.

Edited by FreeThinker

52 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I highly doubt this is related to IFS. At worst  you will not be able switch in the VAB and you get a black screen of exception spam, but not a save corruption.

Well - I am at work atm so I can't get a screenshot, but I will as soon as I get home.  However, the ONLY thing that changed was IFS update when this started.  I had actually loaded the save and as I was going to the VAB to work on my latest miracle of space faring technology, decided to go ahead and exit to perform the update.  So...everything was fine immediately before the update...and not immediately afterward.  I am not saying it is IFS specifically but possibly having to do with the CKAN update?  Also - it might not be a save corruption it might just be looking for information that is no longer there and won't do anything till it finds it (that occurred with another mod a few months ago - but I was able to unload / reload it and fix the problem).  I can pan and rotate the view of the KSP complex, just not enter into any of the buildings or exit the program (normally).  However, I know as much about computer programming as I do about being an astronaut...;-)

I know the module listed was an IFS fuel tank module...I'll send the screenshot in a bit.

Thanks!

A possibility is that if you had to uninstall and then reinstall IFS, the uninstallation phase may have removed something that uses IFS as prerequisite, such as Fuel Tanks Plus. Reinstalling the missing mod is all that's needed in a case like that.

I did get this error from CKAN when I was trying to update it and I do remember going into the Game Data folder and manually deleting the IFS folder and reinstalling it through CKAN:

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.0.6 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/Plugins/MiniAVC.xml

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

then the problems started.  Might I have erased something to another mod or game folder communication that could have caused this problem?

1 hour ago, Iam aspaceman said:

Might I have erased something to another mod or game folder communication that could have caused this problem?

That's what I'm thinking-- Either you deleted something, or CKAN did.  This could easily be the case if at some point you had CKAN remove IFS, as anything else that was dependent on it would have been removed automatically. Without seeing what part name it was complaining about when deleting your vessels, I'm not sure how to suggest what might have been removed, other than maybe FuelTanksPlus, since that's the one I know for sure considers IFS to be a requirement in CKAN.

6 hours ago, Iam aspaceman said:

I did get this error from CKAN when I was trying to update it and I do remember going into the Game Data folder and manually deleting the IFS folder and reinstalling it through CKAN:

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.0.6 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/Plugins/MiniAVC.xml

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

then the problems started.  Might I have erased something to another mod or game folder communication that could have caused this problem?

Please read my earlier post about exactly this issue.

On 18/05/2016 at 5:10 PM, FreeThinker said:

Yes it is. It allows fuels like LiquidHydrogen actualy be better when you want to maximise your DeltaV while in space. Notice that if you want, you can configure the mass to remain the same, no matter how light or heavy the resource is. Note you can also switch in flight while the tank is empty and you have advanced tanks fuel tanks reseached. In this case, the mass will of cource remain the same, no matter the propellant.

Simply put, you need to change the order of fusing.

please could you upload the script perhaps  ? im so lost :(

Freethinker, I'd like some help.

I'm trying to add an Oxidizer option to the fuel switch. It works-it fills a tank with only Oxidizer just fine. Just that it fills exactly the same amount, in units of fluid, as the LiquidFuel option, which is not enough of it to burn the same tank's worth of LiquidFuel.

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, figured out what's up. Apparently 1 unit of Oxidizer or LiquidFuel equals 1 kilogram, period. So same density, hence same tanks carry same amounts for both. Main problem is fuel mix, not tankage.

Here's the edited IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch. Changes are in green.

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
    %LF = #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
    %OX = #$RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$

%totalCap = #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
    @totalCap += #$RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$

%onlyLH2 = #$totalCap$
    @onlyLH2 *= 5

%cryoPower = #$onlyLH2$
    @cryoPower /= 500

%REALmixOX = #$onlyLH2$
    @REALmixOX *= 0.27143861
    %REALmixLH2 = #$onlyLH2$
    @REALmixLH2 -= #$REALmixOX$

%LANTRmixOX = #$onlyLH2$
    @LANTRmixOX /= 5
    %LANTRmixLH2 = #$onlyLH2$
    @LANTRmixLH2 -= #$LANTRmixOX$

MODULE
    {
        name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
        tankSwitchNames = Oxidizer;LF+OX;LiquidFuel;MonoPropel;XenonGas;LqdHydrogen;Hydrolox;Stuctural
        resourceGui = Oxidizer;LiquidFuel+Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;MonoPropellant;XenonGas;LqdHydrogen;Hydrolox;Stuctural
        resourceNames = Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;MonoPropellant;XenonGas;LqdHydrogen;LqdHydrogen,LqdOxygen;Stuctural
        resourceAmounts = #$../totalCap$;$../LF$,$../OX$;$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$;$../onlyLH2$;$../LANTRmixLH2$,$../LANTRmixOX$;0
        tankTechReq = start;start;start;advFuelSystems;ionPropulsion;nuclearPropulsion;improvedNuclearPropulsion
        inFlightSwitchingTechReq = specializedFuelStorage
        tankResourceMassDivider = 8;8;8;6.66666666666;1.272727272727;8;8
    }

MODULE:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]
    {
    name        =    FNModuleCryostat
    resourceName    =    LqdHydrogen
    resourceGUIName =    LqdHydrogen
    powerReqKW    =    #$../cryoPower$
    boilOffRate     =    0
    boilOffTemp     =    20.271
    boilOffMultiplier =    1
    boilOffBase    =     #$../onlyLH2$
    boilOffAddition =    8.97215e-5
    }

}
@PART[*]:FINAL
{
    // Remove temporary variables to eliminate log spam
    !LF = 0
    !OX = 0
    !totalCap = 0
    !onlyLH2 = 0
    !cryoPower
    !REALmixOX
    !REALmixLH2
    !LANTRmixOX
    !LANTRmixLH2
}

Edited by meve12

Version 2.0.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2

Released on 2016-05-23

• Fixed Issue with too high tank mass with non resized tanks with Tweakscale v2.2.12 installed
  • Fixed issue with tank Index showing in Flight
  • Updated CRP
Edited by FreeThinker

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Fixed Issue with too high tank mass with non resized tanks with Tweakscale v2.2.12 installed

Can you tell what broke? The main change was to disable the TweakScale module in flight if there is no rescale. Did this have side effects I should know about?

Edit: and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by pellinor

On 23-5-2016 at 0:36 AM, pellinor said:

Can you tell what broke? The main change was to disable the TweakScale module in flight if there is no rescale. Did this have side effects I should know about?

Edit: and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well in your latest patch of Tweakscale you disable the tweakscale partModule when it is not resised y(ou mentioned it in the release log ). My mods originaly assumed it was always active and expected the Resize Method to be called at startup which allowed it to store its size.. As a result, initial partmass was never  properly initialised resulting parts getting too high mass when unscalled. The problem is easily sovled by verifying initial partmass on higher than 0 and used factory mass if otherwise.

The problem of this bug is that it can go unnoticed for long, untill people start to notice their delta V is a whole lot less than planned resulting in stranded vessels and ultimatly mission failure and dead kerbals.

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Slight bug, all tank setups of the included Interstellar Gas Tank have 100 ElectricCharge and 10 MonoPropellant in them, including the "structural" one.

I looked at the configs, and sure enough it should have 100 EC and 10 Monoprop according to the stock resource nodes.

The IS Fuel Switch module also has the line "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" in it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it's what I'd poke at first.

The "Interstellar Gas Tank PB-X50R" does not have this problem, and I noticed that it doesn't have any stock resource nodes or the line "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" in it.

If I had to guess, changing the stack interstellar gas tank by removing the resource nodes and "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" line would fix the problem.

Edited by SciMan

On 1-6-2016 at 8:26 PM, SciMan said:

Slight bug, all tank setups of the included Interstellar Gas Tank have 100 ElectricCharge and 10 MonoPropellant in them, including the "structural" one.

I looked at the configs, and sure enough it should have 100 EC and 10 Monoprop according to the stock resource nodes.

The IS Fuel Switch module also has the line "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" in it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it's what I'd poke at first.

The "Interstellar Gas Tank PB-X50R" does not have this problem, and I noticed that it doesn't have any stock resource nodes or the line "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" in it.

If I had to guess, changing the stack interstellar gas tank by removing the resource nodes and "resourcesToIgnore = ElectricCharge;MonoPropellant" line would fix the problem.

Actually resourcesToIgnore is an obsolete property which was originally mend to specify the resources to ignore during switching , but it became obsolete after I released his list can be generated automatically which effectively that any resource that is not mention in the tank definition list is automatically a resource which get ignored during switching and initialization. Thank for reminding me

Edited by FreeThinker

On 4-6-2016 at 6:21 PM, Kerbonaut257 said:

Sorry to bother. Is there any way this mod is causing the lqd hydrogen from Nertea's Cryo Engines mod to boiloff? I deleted ALL boiloff related stuff from the cryotanks mod, and yet I still get boiloff from somewhere else.

If you have also installed KSP Interstellar, than the answer would be yes, probable

• 2 weeks later...

The version in the latest download still shows for ksp 1.1.2

is that an oversight and we can just edit, or is there still some version out there that is hiding somewhere other than the download link.?

Thanks for all of the great work and keep all up to date.

cheers.

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

The version in the latest download still shows for ksp 1.1.2

is that an oversight and we can just edit, or is there still some version out there that is hiding somewhere other than the download link.?

Thanks for all of the great work and keep all up to date.

cheers.

Yes it's an oversight, I will upload a fix shortly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.