[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Can we swap it to just oxidizer now? i have no idea what "For all parts affected by IFS Stock Script, replaced Structural by Oxidizer" means and it has the word oxidizer in it :P

On an unrelated but related note, is it possible to remove the option to add HydroOx and the other one? it kills me to have a fuel which is literally useless to me in my stock-only-mostly ness

keep up the necessary work! This mod is vital to my space program :confused:

Edited by Bloojay
Lovely Lovely Typos

Version 2.1.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3

Released on 2016-07-28

• Hydrogen & Hydrolox will now only be included on stock tanks when KSPI-E is installed
  • Added boolean property overrideMassWithTankDividers which if set to true, will make the tankResourceMassDivider override all other mass modifiers.

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2016-07-28

• Hydrogen & Hydrolox will now only be included on stock tanks when KSPI-E is installed
  • Added boolean property overrideMassWithTankDividers which if set to true, will make the tankResourceMassDivider override all other mass modifiers.

While I appreciate the idea behind only showing Hydrogen and Hydrolox when they are needed, you're going to have a hard time keeping up with 'when are they needed'.  I don't have KSPI-E, but I have several engines that run on Hydrogen.  (Off the top of my head, I know that USI's Freight Transport Technologies have one or two, for instance.)  What you really need is 'if any part of type X uses resource Y, then I want to include resource Y', but I'm not sure that's possible with MM.  (And I'm sure that if it's not, it's not something trivial to add.)

9 hours ago, DStaal said:

While I appreciate the idea behind only showing Hydrogen and Hydrolox when they are needed, you're going to have a hard time keeping up with 'when are they needed'.  I don't have KSPI-E, but I have several engines that run on Hydrogen.  (Off the top of my head, I know that USI's Freight Transport Technologies have one or two, for instance.)  What you really need is 'if any part of type X uses resource Y, then I want to include resource Y', but I'm not sure that's possible with MM.  (And I'm sure that if it's not, it's not something trivial to add.)

What I need to know is an easy way to detect if a certain mod is installed (by code), then I can use this information to enable/dable specific tanks. Anyone know how to?

Edit: In the mean time, I will re-add LqdHydrogen. Anyone else have a suggestion for a resource I should add to IFS?

Edited by FreeThinker

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What I need to know is an easy way to detect if a certain mod is installed (by code), then I can use this information to enable/dable specific tanks. Anyone know how to?

Edit: In the mean time, I will re-add LqdHydrogen. Anyone else have a suggestion for a resource I should add to IFS?

The problem isn't necessarily if a mod is installed - MM's 'NEEDS' handles that case fairly well - but whether a particular mod uses LqdHydrogen.  If you want to manage a list of mods that include it and have them all in some huge 'NEEDS' line, all power to you.  It's just going to be a lot of work.  :wink:   (Unless you're thinking of doing something else than what I think you are.  If you're trying to think of dynamically figuring out what fuels are used, my first thought on an approach would be to iterate through engines+RCS thrusters, checking what resources they use, and have an exclusion list for things like EC or intakeAir.  Though I have no idea how hard that would be.)

26 minutes ago, DStaal said:

The problem isn't necessarily if a mod is installed - MM's 'NEEDS' handles that case fairly well - but whether a particular mod uses LqdHydrogen.  If you want to manage a list of mods that include it and have them all in some huge 'NEEDS' line, all power to you.  It's just going to be a lot of work.  :wink:   (Unless you're thinking of doing something else than what I think you are.  If you're trying to think of dynamically figuring out what fuels are used, my first thought on an approach would be to iterate through engines+RCS thrusters, checking what resources they use, and have an exclusion list for things like EC or intakeAir.  Though I have no idea how hard that would be.)

Well if you looked at the IFS script you would have noticed that I already make use of :NEED but this is very limited in it usage

Instead I want to be able to define a list  of all mods for every  tank type. This way, I can  give support for any mod that introduces a new resource

15 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Can we have this mod as alternative to SMURFF?

As in have liquid fuel/oxidizer/monopropellant/LFO/ore having real mass ratio values?

Well in my opinion, due to the high density and non cryo genic properties and ISRU avialalbilty  of LFO, I think it is justified to keep them at stock mass ratios. If you want realistic mass ratio, you should use realistic fuel types. giving gamy resources the same mass fraction as in reality is unbalanced. That's why I will always try to give Stock fuels equivalent stock mass ratios. They are simply already too good.

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well in my opinion, due to the high density and non cryo genic properties and ISRU avialalbilty  of LFO, I think it is justified to keep them at stock mass ratios. If you want realistic mass ratio, you should use realistic fuel types. giving gamy resources the same mass fraction as in reality is unbalanced. That's why I will always try to give Stock fuels equivalent stock mass ratios. They are simply already too good.

Okay, but what about RSS? SMURFF adjusts engine/tank mass to have real values.

23 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Okay, but what about RSS? SMURFF adjusts engine/tank mass to have real values.

Well in case of RSS is installed, perhaps.... wait you gave me an Idea, I could implement mass modifiers, that would lower all tanks slightly, I could combine it with MM to only be active when certain mods are installed, like RSS. Should be easy to implement. This way I can achieve something like SMURFF but more fllexable, because smurf is limited by on Module Script, IFS won't have that limitation ...

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 2.1.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3

Released on 2016-07-29

• Added Real Solar System support for IFS LFO tanks. which will increase mass ratios to SMURFF level
  • Added property tankResourceMassDividerAddition, which will add itself to ResourceMassDividerAddition to determine the tank mass fraction
  • Readded LqdHydrogen to IFS LFO tanks

22 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2016-07-28

neat. thanks! :D (i think? these change logs are in fancy language)

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

AVC?

I have small suggestion for IFS:

What about covering every stock tank with this plugin?

When using only this mod in stock, then you should be able to switch between Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer/LFO/Monopropellant in every tank, that can contain one of these resources.

Solid Fuel/Xenon tanks would get real mass ratios, if RSS is detected, along with liquid resources tank.

There are some parts, that are adapters or aerodynamics parts, that can hold liquid resources.

Edited by raxo2222

17 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

There are some parts, that are adapters or aerodynamics parts, that can hold liquid resources.

Aren't there other mods which add tanks to addapter and airodynamic parts, I could use it as a base to add switching tanks

Edited by FreeThinker

On 3.08.2016 at 2:42 PM, FreeThinker said:

Aren't there other mods which add tanks to addapter and airodynamic parts, I could use it as a base to add switching tanks

I was talking about stock parts, that contain resources.

For example stock parts like precooler or Big-s/FAT wings could be IFS-able

Edited by raxo2222

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I have a problem with the mesh switcher. Basically the bar and buttons to change it does not appear. And also the same for the pump feature although I don't know if it only works if another mod such as Real Fuels is installed, which is not my case.

Oh, and about the fuel switch feature, the switching bar shows and works, but it also appears the old method of two buttons, one for the next fuel and one for the previous, for all the fuels but LFO and hydrolox.

Thanks for the help :)

The mesh switcher only shows when it is configured by the mod developer, be default, only a fuel switches is avialable for stock parts

The buttons are to stabalize the interface wen switching between tanks with on and more resources.

I would like to have these 3 stock wing part to be IFS-able.

Qc2GOz8.jpg

All wing parts with IFS should carry every liquid non-cryogenic resource, as long as you have KSPI.

Aaand these fuel tanks:

vAltFyD.jpg

eJVjuxj.jpg

Edit: I think you forgot to make KSPI fuel tanks to br RSS compatible - to have mass ratio of 1:20 for noncryogenic fuels.

Edited by raxo2222

Some options make negative dry cost for me. Is there  known way to somehow fix or offset it?

Oh, I see, I completely forget how it work in ksp.

Can we have basePartCost option, it's dry cost.  And resource cost add to it to get full cost based on tank switch. ( as you did with mass)? Or there something preventing it?

Edited by Pol

On 20-8-2016 at 4:51 PM, Pol said:

Some options make negative dry cost for me. Is there  known way to somehow fix or offset it?

Oh, I see, I completely forget how it work in ksp.

Can we have basePartCost option, it's dry cost.  And resource cost add to it to get full cost based on tank switch. ( as you did with mass)? Or there something preventing it?

Mmm, this sounds like a bug. How to reproduce it?

@raxo2222 Good point, the script should defenatly be active for single fuel tanks, I though this was already covered

On 18/8/2016 at 3:07 PM, FreeThinker said:

The mesh switcher only shows when it is configured by the mod developer, be default, only a fuel switches is avialable for stock parts

The buttons are to stabalize the interface wen switching between tanks with on and more resources.

How can I enable the mesh switcher?

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Mmm, this sounds like a bug. How to reproduce it?

it must not happen? Very strange.  For me full cost is constant.  Even default script xenon option give me negative cost

30k5ch0.jpg

Edited by Pol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.