[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

I'm not sure what is going on with my game anymore at all.

I deleted everything, removed all mods and clean installed the Steam beta rollback of 1.4.3 KSP and the stock C7 aerospace division parts were still sorting by mass all wrong. 

I am at the point where I am wondering if there are files hidden somewhere on the computer that persist after completely uninstalling the game, and deleting all the folders that I am aware of in the program folder, or if the beta rollback version on Steam is somehow borked....

I stated a brand new game after deleting EVERYTHING and my parts STILL won't sort by mass properly....

Looks like IFS dual fuel tanks use incorrect volume number for only liquid fuel setup. At least CDT tanks. They don't use 0.2 multiplier for it.

LFO setup is ok, LF is not.

Edited by Khalkion

What folders/files do i delete to remove the mod resources and tanks? i only use the stock resources (liquidfuel, oxidizer, monoprop and seldom xenon) and I dont use the tanks provided by interstellar.

Could I delete the entire gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch/resources        and             gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch/parts      folder?

3 hours ago, Nightguard said:

Could I delete the entire gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch/resources        and             gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch/parts      folder?

The Parts file can be safely removed if you don't use any of the IFS tanks, other folders are removed at your own peril

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

The Parts file can be safely removed if you don't use any of the IFS tanks, other folders are removed at your own peril

Alrighty, time to copy paste the whole ksp folder...

EDIT:

PS: thanks!

Edited by Nightguard

8 hours ago, Nightguard said:

Alrighty, time to copy paste the whole ksp folder...

EDIT:

PS: thanks!

the hydrogen fuel is still there even without the resources folder so im keeping it, no use potentially breaking something...

3 hours ago, The Mad Scientist said:

Sorry if this doesn't apply to the topic but, Intersteller Fuel Switch isn't compatteble with KSP version 1.4.4 are you planning on updating it or is there a different solution?

The incompatibility message can be ignored, but I guess I can upload a basic recompile

On 7/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, FreeThinker said:

Version 3.6.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-07-14

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.4
  • Changed AVC reference file to GitHub

Glad that it's updated!

Shouldn't the topic title be updated?

Edited by SupperRobin6394

I'm getting a crash when attempting to use the IFS pressurized gas tank.

[IFS] - previousTankSetupEvent Error: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

pops up a few times whenever I try to launch a craft with any of them and the game crashes before the flight scene loads. KSP 1.4.4 and IFS 3.6.1

Another issue I encountered with IFS was some kind of problem with the texture switcher on the liquid fuel tanks. I wanted liquid hydrogen tanks set up radially but every time I would go to launch (and sometimes when I loaded them in the VAB) they would be in this weird state where they were configured for liquid hydrogen but also held fusion pellets. The fusion pellets texture was in use but everything about the craft file and in the tweakables menu said liquid hydrogen. Main problem was that the craft would be extremely heavy and expensive. Had to avoid using radial symmetry (seemed to only happen to one tank in each 2R set). I also saved and loaded the design a few times to make sure it wasn't switching anymore but I'm not positive this was important.

Update:

In looking at the code, the exception is caught at line 563 of InterstellarFuelSwitch.cs within PreviousTankSetupEvent. Since the only methods called in the try block are previousTankSetupEvent and AssignResourcesToPart, AssignResourcesToPart has its own exception handling, this exception is caused by an infinite recursion, i.e. 

if (!_modularTankList[selectedTankSetup].hasTech)
    previousTankSetupEvent();

Will always execute.

Edited by whitespacekilla

@FreeThinker before you dig too deep into my `previousTankSetupEvent` bug, I did a little more experimentation and this problem probably only occurs when the tanks are used on a craft that is launched outside of the FlightScene (i.e. KSTS or RoutineMissionManager). I think it revolves around the HasTech code going down a different pathway when not in FlightScene so that property doesn't get set correctly and the infinite recursion results. This is likely a problem/solution of interest to only a small number of users so I will see if I can get a PR together for solving it rather than relying on your time (which might be better spent helping a wider audience with fixes) to do so.

One item of interest here is that the logging (and on first glance, the code) seems to still show that my tech progress is being interpreted correctly, just through the config node/save file path instead of the ResearchAndDevelopment.Instace path. I'll have to step through the code to figure that out and doubt I'll be able to set this up until this weekend.

In any event, I'll shoot at a minimum to make it so that `previousTankSetupEvent` fails gracefully instead of SO'ing and hopefully get all of it working so that these parts can launch outside of FlightScene in the PR.

I might also look at the FusionPellets issue but I'm at a loss for where to start here. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Let me know if you're opposed to any of my meddling and I'll keep my PRs to myself ;)

For MK2 and MK3 Expansions on CKAN "Interstellar Fuel Switch Core" is necessary. What should be present with just the core installation? When I updated it recently through CKAN I think it added all the crap that the full installation gets. I believe I have a conflict with configurable containers....I don't believe you can have both installed at the same time....so now I need to go in and delete the files and folders that shouldn't be in there with just the core installation.....

On 7/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, JoE Smash said:

CKAN I think it added all the crap that the full installation gets.

Calling it crap is not very nice you know, they are actually top quality containers.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, JoE Smash said:

I believe I have a conflict with configurable containers....I don't believe you can have both installed at the same time....

Well not necessarily. What I could do is disable the script that is responsible for adding IFS to containers when @allista  Configurable Containers mod is installed (not just present on a part). I guess I should have done this already but nobody asked.

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Calling it crap is not very nice you know, they are actually top quality containers.@Allis

Seriously? It was a figure of speech. Toughen up! Life is hard....you're not going to make it if you look for offense where there wasn't any intended. Thanks for all the help! I just uninstalled all of the three mods and reinstalled just the core with MK2 and MK3 since my question was obviously too hurtful for you to simply answer.

Download Version 3.6.2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 from here

Released on 2018-07-30

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.5
  • Fixed compatibility issue with Routine Mission Manager (credits WhiteSpaceKilla)
  • Fixed compatibility issue with Configurable Containers
Edited by FreeThinker

Download Version 3.6.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4 from here

Released on 2018-08-04

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.5
  • Added Lithium Air battery
  • Changed Lithium Battery power storage resource to KilowattHour
  • Fixed hiding disabled parts in VAB
Edited by FreeThinker

Trying to put together a MM patch that uses IFS tanks for SimpleConstruction.

Want a fourth option instead of just ORE:METAL:ROCKETPARTS; want an option to split the tank volume into thirds and hold all three, just .30% for each.

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],#category[FuelTank],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ProceduralPart]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] {
	MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts;Ore,Metal,RocketParts
		resourceAmounts = #$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount/3,$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount/3,$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount/3$
		@resourceAmounts[2,;] *= 2
		tankMass = #$../mass$
		basePartMass = 0.0
		displayCurrentTankCost = true
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true
	}
}

error comes (as it should) from resourceAmounts = line.

going to try this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],#category[FuelTank],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ProceduralPart]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] {
	@tempval = #$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
	@tempval *= .33
	MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts;Ore,Metal,RocketParts
		resourceAmounts = #$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../tempval$,$../tempval$,$../tempval$
		@resourceAmounts[2,;] *= 2
		tankMass = #$../mass$
		basePartMass = 0.0
		displayCurrentTankCost = true
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true
	}
	!tempval{}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.