[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

Hello

I have a question, I tried to search but I didn't find if it was already covered.

When dealing with big bases having a lot of different resource containers, the resource panel on the right side doesn't show them all and there is not a way to scroll down (as with the stock game resources you never  overcome the space available)

There is a solution of some kind to this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 2:46 AM, TruthfulGnome said:

could you add the MethaneOxi to the stock parts please? or is there anyway i could change the MethaneLqdOxygen to MethaneOxidizer

Were you able to get it working?

Its been a pain lol

On 5/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, DiegoKeys said:

Hello

I have a question, I tried to search but I didn't find if it was already covered.

When dealing with big bases having a lot of different resource containers, the resource panel on the right side doesn't show them all and there is not a way to scroll down (as with the stock game resources you never  overcome the space available)

There is a solution of some kind to this?

Thanks

Yes

https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/

On 6/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Nodnam said:

Were you able to get it working?

Its been a pain lol

MethaneOxi  is added a a fuel  tan k mode and as a fuel mod to methane engine

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a config that only uses the stock fuels and/or adds xenon to the other stock tanks? I would like to be able to just have to scroll though the stock fuels as well as have the toroidal tank use xenon.

I did try to edit the config to only use stock fuels but I am not a coder so I did not make it work.

Edited by tsjm13
more detail and grammar

• 4 weeks later...

I got a lot of errors while loading that all seemed to point at patches.cfg and activemmpatches.cfg but the game loaded up. Haven't tried using any of the parts yet, need to get deeper into my career save.

I just installed the Community Resource Pack (and Universal Storage II) and now get no errors on load.

Edited by thescaryone

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to work, but Patch manager prevents the game from even trying to load in 1.12 so you have to delete that. Also tweakscale throws a message in startup saying it isn't compatible and may corrupt so you should probably toss it out too. (The file 999_Scale_Redist.dll is required though)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can I do to make the tanks have ARGON GAS inside? 

I downloaded INTERSTELLAR FUEL SWITCH CORE, INTRSTLR. REDISTRIBUTABLE, KSP INTRSLR.  EXTENDED and THIS MOD. 

It will only show all different types of fuels but argon gas... There is a Liquid Argon but my engines from NEAR FUTURE PROPULSION, can't use it.

22 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

How can I do to make the tanks have ARGON GAS inside? 

I downloaded INTERSTELLAR FUEL SWITCH CORE, INTRSTLR. REDISTRIBUTABLE, KSP INTRSLR.  EXTENDED and THIS MOD. 

It will only show all different types of fuels but argon gas... There is a Liquid Argon but my engines from NEAR FUTURE PROPULSION, can't use it.

Use one of the  the IFS Gas Tanks

• 3 weeks later...

Yet for other people it works (since you are the first reporting this and this is a popular mod), how strange. 

Edit: sorry for my cynical response. I just think you should provide more info, instead of just saying 'it don't work'.

Edited by modus

15 hours ago, walkerjc8 said:

it dont work

Welcome to the forums.

See the post above yours and read the topic in my sig block for guidance on how to report problems because you haven't provided much information.   Likely you have an installation error or a mod incompatibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I played with this mod a long time ago and it was ok.

I am trying to play RSS on 1.11.2 with IFS and all my mods updated and  I can't see any fuel nor any menu that allow to change fuel in my tanks with that mod!! IFS tanks are empty, no menu is showing when I select them....

Is there any dependency other than Module manager and Patch manager to make IFS working? 

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

The Watchdog just annoys me.

• There is only one 666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll
    • There is "ModuleManagerWatchDog" v1.0.1.1
  • There is only ONE 999_Scale_Redist.dll
    • There is NO "TweakScale" folder

Why do I still get "the message" and are thrown out of KSP to be forwarded to https://ksp.lisias.net/add-ons/WatchDog/ScaleRedist ?

Do  I have to prune GameData\ModuleManagerWatchDog\Plugins\WatchDogForScaleRedist.dll ?

Edit:

Ah, I guess I got it - GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\Scale_Redist.dll ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone o/ I got a small problem atm, i cannot choose Monopropellant as fuel for my tanks :/

But maybe i'm thinking it's because i don't have high researchs done ? (under 90 science points done, not more yet). Or it's a bug in the mod ?

I can only place the small rounded tanks around rockets for monopropellant for now.

Auto-Answer : Jebediah was right ! My Kerbs needed the "Advanced Fuel Systems" technology to get access to the Monopropellant as choice for other tanks :D Well , at least if someone want to ask too he have answer here "PLANT A FLAG".

PS : i'm a kerbal veteran re-making a game with new mods stuff & etc :)

Edited by Meliandah
Found Answer

On 11/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, winterchillz said:

Hi,

I'm having a rather peculiar issue with IFS and I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out.

For some reason, even though the tank description says it has LH2O option available, the said option isn't actually possible when trying to switch the fuel to it. I wonder if there's something funky going on between this mod and the Cryo Tanks mod? The menus seem different too when trying to switch the fuel on two different tank types.

Standard tank:

xEcE5bS.png

Cryo tank:

g06jzZ3.png

I'm having this same issue.  Is there a fix?  Both ISFS and Cryo Tanks are dependencies for other mods I'd rather not lose.

[EDIT]  I should note that it's working correctly (all options are available on standard tanks) in Sandbox mode.  The problem exists in Career mode, with only part of the tech tree unlocked.

Edited by SilverlightPony

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Am also having issues in 1.12.3,  The best alternative I've found is a mod called Configurable Containers. But I have difficulty putting the right ratios of fuel into the tanks, something this mod does very well. B9Partswitch also works with some tanks but not all of them for some reason

Edited by xavieraiden
Accidental Misinformation

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.