[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

12 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Indeed, I wonder os any of the other resource switching mods have the same problem

I do have B9 part swtich installed. But I can't really tell which part belongs to which mod so im not sure

20 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I do have B9 part swtich installed. But I can't really tell which part belongs to which mod so im not sure

Well I checked it myself and B9PartSwitch has the exact same problem as IFS.

I was unable to locate a thread for this under Add-On Discussions, so I'm going to throw this here

Considering that one of the big points for IFS is the ability to switch fuel type in a tank when it is empty, I would ask for it to be possible to jettison fuel from all tanks. ISRU units from KSPIE have the ability to jettison their contents, but that would be very cumbersome to use if you have thousands of units of fuel. The easiest way to get rid of fuel to switch tanks would be to use another mod (such as Hyperedit).

So, one request that may be able to be done two ways..

- Add an option to jettison fuel contents for all tanks touched by IFS

or

- In KSPIE, add a jettison ship contents to ISRU tools which will 'consume' fuel, by jettisoning it - so that it doesn't happen instantaneously.

Download Version 3.8.6.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.2 from here

Released on 2019-06-14

• Balance: reduced Power consumption IFS Cryo Tanks
  • Fixed issue which caused context menu not to update after tank switching
Edited by FreeThinker

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @FreeThinker , You may be interesed in an issue I had.

My vessels were randomly exploding when entering physic range during randezvouz.
you can see it here 

@Lisias tried to brake down the problem, but didn't reach any final conclusion yet.
You will find log files in Tweakscale topic, starting  here (and few posts below)

I'm writing all this here, cause uninstalling IFS solved the problem. I have made multiple tests with various vesssels, everything works fine without IFS.

Hope you will if it usefull.

1 hour ago, falcoon said:

Hi @FreeThinker , You may be interesed in an issue I had.

My vessels were randomly exploding when entering physic range during randezvouz.
you can see it here 

@Lisias tried to brake down the problem, but didn't reach any final conclusion yet.
You will find log files in Tweakscale topic, starting  here (and few posts below)

I'm writing all this here, cause uninstalling IFS solved the problem. I have made multiple tests with various vesssels, everything works fine without IFS.

Hope you will if it usefull.

What does the logs say?

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

What does the logs say?

I have no idea, I'm total layman in that matter, but one of the Lisias conclusions was that it's caused not by particular mod itself, but rather by interaction between some mods.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

What does the logs say?

Indexing mismatches and vanished mass on a few parts. I think that it's a third-party something stomping our toes.

There's a partial report here.  I need a couple days more for a proper research, all I got until the moment are collateral effects.

My guess is that by deleting IFS, he got rid of the Screaming Victim - the perpetrator is still hidden somewhere.

Hi. I've been playing a bit with the mod rational resources, and I've been making mm patches to create methalox copies of existing engines (as there is no dedicated mod with such engines that I know about). The cryogenic tanks of this mod already include methalox configurations, but I think it would be nice to add methalox (and just methane for combined cycle engines like the rapiers) to the existing tanks. I've been looking at the patches in this mod and it looks like it shouldn't be that hard - if I'm understanding it right, the liquid methane and methalox presets exist, they just aren't available by default in the patch that modifies the stock tanks. What would be needed to add methane and methalox to the stock tanks, specially the mk2 and mk3 lines?

9 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Hi. I've been playing a bit with the mod rational resources, and I've been making mm patches to create methalox copies of existing engines (as there is no dedicated mod with such engines that I know about). The cryogenic tanks of this mod already include methalox configurations, but I think it would be nice to add methalox (and just methane for combined cycle engines like the rapiers) to the existing tanks. I've been looking at the patches in this mod and it looks like it shouldn't be that hard - if I'm understanding it right, the liquid methane and methalox presets exist, they just aren't available by default in the patch that modifies the stock tanks. What would be needed to add methane and methalox to the stock tanks, specially the mk2 and mk3 lines?

I'm willing to add it to next release of IFS but the question is "is the Ratio Methane to Oxygen exactly the same?" That's an important question to answer as you don't want to end up with either to much methane or oxygen. My current ratio is based on a Methalox engine in KSPIE and is also used as one of fuel modes for Thermal Engines

Edited by FreeThinker

15 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm willing to add it to next release of IFS but the question is "is the Ratio Methane to Oxygen exactly the same?" That's an important question to answer as you don't want to end up with either to much methane or oxygen. My current ratio is based on a Methalox engine in KSPIE and is also used as one of fuel modes for Thermal Engines

I'm using a 1.25733634 to 1 ratio, I think because I got it from this mod, but I don't know if that's the actual ratio used in methalox rockets (nor, for that matter, how to balance the engines versus the regular stock LFO engines regarding mass and thrust)

Version 3.8.8.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3 is available from here

Released on 2019-07-13

• Added Methalox for non-KSPIE Global LiquidFuel/Oxidizer tank replacement Script
  • Fixed Mododile Manager Errors for KSP 1.7.3
Edited by FreeThinker

Something you may want to be aware of :

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

2 hours ago, Mordrehl said:

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.M has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.ML has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.S has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T.
[ERR 09:11:42.655] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part MI.Radial.Wedge.LG.T has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

I don't see any relation to IFS

On 7/14/2019 at 12:19 PM, Mordrehl said:

Hi. These are parts from Munar Industries. Totally unrelated to IFS. I gone a bit proactive and checked MI's patches for TweakScale for any evident mishap - not a single one, the patches are being applied to MI's parts only.

So there's nothing @FreeThinker can do about. Post the whole KSP.log on the TwealScale's thread. From the log I can trackdown who's applying patches to the parts and in which order, so I can detect the problem and provide a fix. :)

— — POST EDIT — — 

@Mordrehl, the problem was detected and fixed. See TweakScale Thread for details:

Spoiler

Edited by Lisias
Found and fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

IFS is somewhat incompatible with Global Construction, specifically the tanks. The tanks throw a (Cannot find FX group of name for decoupler) when a vessel that contains them is selected, which upon starting kit construction causes the game to have NAN error forces a restart to clear the system. 

I am not too clear which mod is causing the error or if it is both of them. The output log points to Global construction, however in-game testing points to IFS.

I have notified the maker of Global Construction about this as well.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

@FreeThinker could a small config be made for Interstellar fuel switch that enabled xenon gas to be added to the stock tanks? Such as adding xenon to the mk3 tanks?

It could, but from a realism point of view it wouldn't make sense as  the stock tanks were made for liquid storage, not high gas pressure tanks required for Xenon tanks

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, TheRag said:

Hello,

IFS is somewhat incompatible with Global Construction, specifically the tanks. The tanks throw a (Cannot find FX group of name for decoupler) when a vessel that contains them is selected, which upon starting kit construction causes the game to have NAN error forces a restart to clear the system. 

I am not too clear which mod is causing the error or if it is both of them. The output log points to Global construction, however in-game testing points to IFS.

I have notified the maker of Global Construction about this as well.

Hello,

Did this get fixed or is it still a problem?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.