[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum @MrMxffin,

As potential mod users we must remember that requesting an update (while not against the rules if it is polite and non repetitive) can seem like a demand to some developers and is known as 'poking the bears' on the KSP forum. I have no doubt that IFS will be updated to 1.8 but please remember that our great modding community works hard to bring free content to this game we all love while also having lives to live. As mod users patience is the best virtue when awaiting updates.

29 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Most likely some other mod is halting your install.

Need your logs to verify.

ksp log,

Spoiler

same thing happened with other mods as well... some are working first install, then stop working

Edited by Acvila

Hello,

Although the most recent version of IFS (3.12.1.5) said to be supporting 1.8, I am having some texture issues with it.

I don't see anyone reported this issue yet, so I wanted to.

The following parts seem to have lost their texture properties and appear as mostly red, in the tech tree, editor and in flight, instead of their original colour blue;

• IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SC-2500
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SC-1250
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SCR-1
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SCR-2

This is not a game breaker (not to my knowledge), but I miss their original textures, especially the SC-2500 looked so much better with all the indicators etc.

As of version 1.8 I am not using any texture mods. If you are interested, I can send my log files via DM.

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

Hello,

Although the most recent version of IFS (3.12.1.5) said to be supporting 1.8, I am having some texture issues with it.

I don't see anyone reported this issue yet, so I wanted to.

The following parts seem to have lost their texture properties and appear as mostly red, in the tech tree, editor and in flight, instead of their original colour blue;

• IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SC-2500
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SC-1250
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SCR-1
  • IFS Megajoule Super Capacitator SCR-2

This is not a game breaker (not to my knowledge), but I miss their original textures, especially the SC-2500 looked so much better with all the indicators etc.

As of version 1.8 I am not using any texture mods. If you are interested, I can send my log files via DM.

Thanks in advance.

They are supposed to be red

46 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

They are supposed to be red

I'm a bit lost here.

May I ask when were those models adopted and recolored from Near Future mod?

Because if my brain is not playing games with me, they were fine until I upgraded to 1.8 from 1.7

I still have the original blue DDS files from 1.3 times and am wondering if it would break them (or anything) to replace those files?

Sorry, I don't mean to disrespect your colour of choice, but I would prefer to use those if I could...

9 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

May I ask when were those models adopted and recolored from Near Future mod?

Yes they were addopted from a release Near Future mod from a release with an open license. They were resouloured red to make them distinct from NF. The inline version has been in IFS for quite some time and only recently added the radial version. I agree the red might be too bright.

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Twinki said:

Not sure if this is a B9 issue, or a IFS issue, but there isn't any tank or sub-type options on any IFS or Squad tanks in 1.8.1.

I only have IFS, B9PartSwitch, CommunityResourcePack, and ModuleManager installed, all latest versions.
Player.log
KSP.log

I am having a similar problem as well with no stock parts having switch types. Though I have Mk2 / Mk3 expansion as well and have noticed that ONLY adapter sections which change from one node to two are switchable but none of the normal inline sections or single inline adapters are. 

Edit. Removing B9 part switch has no effect.

Edited by FletcherDragon

Yesterday I got a lot of bad stuff in my log as I was looking for something else - a lot of IFS stuff.
Yes, I did not dare to open an issue whatsoever - because I already removed TweakScale before that.
So I was not sure if those exceptions came because of the lack of TweakScale.

After I removed IFS (and still got B9PartSwitch and Firespitter) everything was sane again.

I did a check and found only two part packs that really would need IFS at all - and I already had commited patches for those that they also can use Firespitter.

Example:

MODULE
	{
		name:NEEDS[Firespitter,!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FStextureSwitch2
		name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarTextureSwitch2 

This means, Firespitter comes first and then - if installed - is replaced by IFS.

Just for those two part packs I don't need the whole IFS "suite" :cool:

Edited by Gordon Dry
syntax error fix

@FletcherDragon okay, thanks for confirming my suspicion that IFS is broken.
As the previous version is for KSP 1.7.3 and I'm on KSP 1.8.1 I guess I should also not touch that one ...

I would  like to give IFS another go - and I want to remove FireSpitter completely and trick all configs and patches that need FireSpitter as dependendy with this patch:
GameData\zFinal\zzz_IFS_instead_of_FS.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSmeshSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[FSmeshSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarMeshSwitch
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FStextureSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch]
	{
		@name = InterstellarTextureSwitch
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		@name = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSinfoPopup]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[FSinfoPopup]
	{
		@name = IFSinfoPopup
	}
}

Based on this simple table:

Interstellar Fuel Switch offers improved versions of FSFuelSwitch, FSMeshSwitch, FSTextureSwitch, FSTextureSwitch2 and FSinfoPopup made by Snjo.

Firespitter		InterstellarFuelSwitch
--------------------------------------------------
FSFuelSwitch		InterstellarFuelSwitch
FSMeshSwitch		InterstellarMeshSwitch
FSTextureSwitch		InterstellarTextureSwitch
FStextureSwitch2	InterstellarTextureSwitch2
FSinfoPopup		IFSinfoPopup

The most of my installed part packs already got patches that switch from FS to IFS - my zFinal patch just does it for anything else, too.

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'm fairly sure the previous version of IFS is for 1.8.  I only rolled back the mod version not the game version. I'm not smart enough to do any of that super technical stuff all I know is that when I throw them together and boot it up there aren't any noticeable problems running on v 1.8.1

20 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Based on this simple table:

Interstellar Fuel Switch offers improved versions of FSFuelSwitch, FSMeshSwitch, FSTextureSwitch, FSTextureSwitch2 and FSinfoPopup made by Snjo.

TweakScale^w FireSpitter	InterstellarFuelSwitch
-------------------------------------------------------
FSFuelSwitch			InterstellarFuelSwitch
FSMeshSwitch			InterstellarMeshSwitch
FSTextureSwitch			InterstellarTextureSwitch
FStextureSwitch2		InterstellarTextureSwitch2
FSinfoPopup			IFSinfoPopup

The most of my installed part packs already got patches that switch from FS to IFS - my zFinal patch just does it for anything else, too.

Here, I fixed that for you. TweakScale is not affiliated with the butchery I promote on my unofficial efforts!! :D 

13 minutes ago, FletcherDragon said:

[cut by me]  all I know is that when I throw them together and boot it up there aren't any noticeable problems running on v 1.8.1

Things is… Neither do I. Every single time TweakScale had to "cope" with IFS was due rogue patching, where third-parties were shoving unsupported configurations into a part and, so, we ended stomping each other toes because that configuration was just not supported (not to mention feasible - we just should not shove more then one Fuel Switch on a part, it's insane!).

Edited by Lisias
fixed a quote. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.