[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

A new release of IFS 2.12.1 can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Added property canSwithWithFullTanks (default false) allowing you  switch fuel tanks while not empty

* Fixed default switching behaviour in flight to be active only when switching tanks are empty

* minimized MM script

* removed some empty config files

On 3/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, FreeThinker said:

A new release of IFS 2.12.1 can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Added property canSwithWithFullTanks (default false) allowing you  switch fuel tanks while not empty

* Fixed default switching behaviour in flight to be active only when switching tanks are empty

* minimized MM script

* removed some empty config files

You may have noticed, but there's a typo in that propery "canSwithWithFullTanks". Unless 'swithing' is an actual term I don't know about yet.
If it's just a typo in that comment, forget I said anything. Just figured I'd mention it.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, CodeFantastic said:

It seems all of the fuel tanks have been converted to cyro ones, so I no longer can have Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer tanks. Is there a way to fix this or is this intended? 

The cryo tanks will only be active when loaded with a cryo fuel like Liquid Hydrogen, Liquid Oxygen, etc. Liqiod Fuel and Oxidizer count as magic resource that do not require any cryo storage and therefore will not consume any power

Hi,

I am having difficulty calculating Delta-V for LqdArgon. I don't know the exchange rate of LqdArgon -> ArgonGas. MechJeb doesn't pickup LqdArgon either.

Is there a way to make ICT tanks show Gas in VAB even if part will have Lqd?

2 hours ago, Robotoaster said:

Is there a way to make ICT tanks show Gas in VAB even if part will have Lqd?

Currently no. The only way one could achieve it is to have the LqdTanks have an invisible Gas storage added and have the generate negative mass to compensate for the increase in mass from the gas. This shadow resource would be a pretty cool feature. Not sure if it would work and cause other tools to get confused. But why aren't you using an engine which can use LqdArgon directly?

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, Robotoaster said:

Great idea, going to mod Near Future engines to do dual :)

Simply replacing ArgonGas by LqdArgon in the Engine Partmodule should do the trick as well. Alternatively use KSPIE which electric engines can switch between many propellants, not just argon.

Version 2.13.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-04-07

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.2
  • Added Hydrazine option Switchable Duel Fuel tanks
  • Balance: Significantly improved Heat Resistance
  • Balance: Improved Mass Ratios of dense non stock resources in Duel Fuel tanks
  • Fixed: Display of switch tanks for Duel Fuel Tanks
Edited by FreeThinker

Hello there,

I'm probably doing something wrong but when I'm trying to change the kind of fuel into a tank, it only offers me LFO, Liquid Fuel or Oxidiser, nothing else... I find this disturbing as the tooltip say it can as well accept XenonGas or Monopropellant (which  I want). Any clue on what I'm doing wrong ? Missing a tech maybe ? I'm on Science game.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, FrancoisH said:

Hello there,

I'm probably doing something wrong but when I'm trying to change the kind of fuel into a tank, it only offers me LFO, Liquid Fuel or Oxidiser, nothing else... I find this disturbing as the tooltip say it can as well accept XenonGas or Monopropellant (which  I want). Any clue on what I'm doing wrong ? Missing a tech maybe ? I'm on Science game.

Thanks.

It is possible a specific tank selection is locked by tech, but I have to know the exact part you are using to verify

Edited by FreeThinker

I get a couple of errors having the latest interstellarfuelswitch installed.

Don't know why? is it because I have the ABZB IFS Integration Mod installed too?

nxBVFwx.png

So I guess, this may not be the fault of IFS and ILF cause I have installed more mods and now I have 590 errors, still the same filepaths as before though.

Update: so I kind of broke everything yesterday when I was installing everything manually. dont know what happened so I started over today again mixing manual with ckan. I can see that IFS and IFS core is in ckan with the correct version. But for some reason core is the only one Im able to install, IFS just goes red when I tick the checkbox. Gonna try to install IFS manually when Im done with all other mods to see if I can do it then otherwise I'll try it manually.

Edited by Schmelge
Installed more mods

Hola All.  So Full disclosure im using Ifs AND B9 Partswitch, yes Im well aware this causes "fun", along with the fun of combining kspi-e some near future and usi.  Im well aware of the fun involved and some of the manual work required on my part to integrate the fun(this aint my first rodeo).  Just looking for some advice here.  So before on 1.3.x I was using IFS to manage mk2 and 3 expansion parts and fuels, near future and B9 parts were manged by b9 and everyone was happy.  1.4.2 rolls around and everything is pretty much updated to I roll a new save in 1.4.2, near future construction just updated along with the other nf part packs so I added those into my 1.4.2 save, wiped the MM configs and restarted.  Now pretty much every tank seems controlled by b9 which only adds lf/ox, and hydrogen, except the IFS and KSPI-e tanks which have the rest of the CRP and KSPI-e fuels.  In 1.3 it used to be B9 controlled the b9 parts (near future) and IFS controlled everything else.  How would I edit the MM patches of either or to force on or the other to control certain tanks, like say If I wanted b9 to ignore the mk2 3 expansion parts ect.  Or is there a way to integrate the two part switchers?  Seems like IFS had an update recently to not override B9 and I wonder if it may need an recompile for updated partswitch or if FreeThinker prefers the better safe than sorry approach and this is intentional.  Posting this on both b9 partswitch and IFS threads (and prolly the reddit as well), not trying to stir the excrementspot, just trying to duct tape this save together so I can finally start playing it. 

Nothing is in the air right now and everything in the VAB can be remade so looking for ideas on how to get them playing nice.  
I also flat out delete the USI_NF mode patch (in kspi-e) but that should only effect power scaling afaik.

Update:  Looks like Cryotanks is the one butt sexing b9 into everything, easy fix!

Edited by Temeriki
Update

Version 2.13.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-04-17

• Added Super Lithium Battery
  • Added internal insulated to all tanks fitted with cryostats
  • Balance": Reduce power cost cryostats
  • Fixed ability to switch on Wrapper tanks
  • Fixed connection node on elongated cap wrapper tank
On 10-4-2018 at 11:14 PM, LeLeon said:

For me Wrapper Tanks are not switchable in editor. Used latest IFS with whole archive content in a stock 1.4.2 game.

Any ideas?

Reveal hidden contents

y4muqIaoX8Gv4EiGfUr8HkiDRU3gBv5l4PNjcZCL

It should be fixed in the latest version

On 16-4-2018 at 4:17 PM, Temeriki said:

Hola All.  So Full disclosure im using Ifs AND B9 Partswitch, yes Im well aware this causes "fun", along with the fun of combining kspi-e some near future and usi.  Im well aware of the fun involved and some of the manual work required on my part to integrate the fun(this aint my first rodeo).  Just looking for some advice here.  So before on 1.3.x I was using IFS to manage mk2 and 3 expansion parts and fuels, near future and B9 parts were manged by b9 and everyone was happy.  1.4.2 rolls around and everything is pretty much updated to I roll a new save in 1.4.2, near future construction just updated along with the other nf part packs so I added those into my 1.4.2 save, wiped the MM configs and restarted.  Now pretty much every tank seems controlled by b9 which only adds lf/ox, and hydrogen, except the IFS and KSPI-e tanks which have the rest of the CRP and KSPI-e fuels.  In 1.3 it used to be B9 controlled the b9 parts (near future) and IFS controlled everything else.  How would I edit the MM patches of either or to force on or the other to control certain tanks, like say If I wanted b9 to ignore the mk2 3 expansion parts ect.  Or is there a way to integrate the two part switchers?  Seems like IFS had an update recently to not override B9 and I wonder if it may need an recompile for updated partswitch or if FreeThinker prefers the better safe than sorry approach and this is intentional.  Posting this on both b9 partswitch and IFS threads (and prolly the reddit as well), not trying to stir the excrementspot, just trying to duct tape this save together so I can finally start playing it. 

IFS tries to play nice and only install it switchers on non IFS tank when no known switcher module is present.  But because IFS come relatively late in the alphabet, other switcher mods install their partmodule before IFS has a change. To override this MM behaviour, you have to do so  something like

:BEFORE[B9]

at the back, or in between

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

which should allow IFS to put its tanks before B9 has a change. I hope this helps, if not ask advice in the MM discussion thread

Edited by FreeThinker

56 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 2.13.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 can be downloaded from here

It should be fixed in the latest version

1. Yes, now i have more options. But why do these options include ressources i've never seen in one of my mods. Where do he takes these  ressources from?

2. What do i have to change to just see normal fuels like lfo, lf, xenon, mono. Or argon for my NF-engines. Do you have somewhere LiterVolume presets, that can be easily interchanged for wrapper tanks? I only want to use these fine parts.

3. In this picture the part description give me mono/ xenon option, but none of the tanks with this option can be switched to mono, xenon. B9 part switch conflict? And can these volume numbers set in global relation like VolumeLiter to be useful for Xenon, what is much more compressed?

y4mzt_oT8QObrPymSh5rm-4JQa8U3tGE_ly-D346

Normally i try to do small .cfg-changes myself, but IFS is out of my range. Dozens configs, some related to not existing .cfg-files. That confuses me. (folder patch manger->lfopatch.cfg leads to same folder/plugindata/-> not existing .cfg) Some hints are welcome to solve this myself.

Edited by LeLeon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.