[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 4/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, tmbomber said:

Not trying to be troublesome, but...

The update included old versions of CommunityResourcePack, PatchManager, and TweakScale.

Confirmed, all versions marked for 1.5.1

13 hours ago, traisjames said:

Simple question time....what is the benefit of cryogenic fuel verse a regular fuel tank of the same size?

It depends on the specific resource, but there are benefits ranging from higher isp, more thrust, higher performance, less overheating, higher availability, better mass ratios and in general better realism.

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

It depends on the specific resource, but there are benefits ranging from higher isp, more thrust, higher performance, less overheating, higher availability, better mass ratios and in general better realism.

ok.  It seemed the exact same amounts for LFO

• 2 weeks later...

Fired up KSP today with the most current version of IFS running. All my stock tanks no longer have the option to switch fuel types and all vessels in flight have reverted to stock configuration. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why that might happen? The only change made to my configuration was to install the KAS update that came out recently.

I have deleted and reinstalled the IFS mod and tried loading back to a save from before this happened, but same issue persists.

Edit: Looks like Allista's Configurable Containers mod was conflicting with IFS. After removing CC I was able to get IFS working again in the VAB, though I'm still unable to switch contents of empty tanks in flight. Sadly all in flight vessels had their tanks revert to stock and will have to be manually edited or rebuilt.

Edited by Lucas Kerman
Did more testing

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 AM, Lucas Kerman said:

Fired up KSP today with the most current version of IFS running. All my stock tanks no longer have the option to switch fuel types and all vessels in flight have reverted to stock configuration. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why that might happen? The only change made to my configuration was to install the KAS update that came out recently.

I have deleted and reinstalled the IFS mod and tried loading back to a save from before this happened, but same issue persists.

Edit: Looks like Allista's Configurable Containers mod was conflicting with IFS. After removing CC I was able to get IFS working again in the VAB, though I'm still unable to switch contents of empty tanks in flight. Sadly all in flight vessels had their tanks revert to stock and will have to be manually edited or rebuilt.

I'm sorry to hear that but  @allista Configurable Containers should realy take into account that on existing save games, it should not override the resources on a tank. IFS actually does take it into account and will dynamically create a new configuration when it is initialized on an existing game and find unknown resource configuration.

Edited by FreeThinker

18 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm sorry to hear that but  @allista Configurable Containers should realy take into account that on existing save games, it should not override the resources on a tank. IFS actually does take it into account and will dynamically create a new configuration when it is initialized on an existing game and find unknown resource configuration.

@Lucas Kerman, I'm also sorry.

Still, strange as it may sound, CC actually does the same thing, namely, dynamically builds tank's configuration if it detects that it was installed in midflight.

Even more, MM patches that install CC do not apply to parts where IFS module is present.

Considering that CC code have not been changed in a while, the probability of a regression seems low.

So either the KSP resource framework has changed drastically with 1.7 and broken the code in one particular scenario; or this was a manifestation of a serious problem with the game+mods setup.

@Lucas Kerman  IFS and CC are not, and cannot be made compatible, as they do the same thing with the same parts completely differently. One can use both as plugins providing core functionality for dedicated parts, but not as complete mods with patches. You have to choose one over the other based on your gameplay and requirements of other mods.

@Allista No big deal. I was able to correct all the issues with a combination of manual save editing and the cheat menu. Presumably other mods like TCA should not conflict with IFS, right? I ask because in the process of narrowing down the conflict it was the 000_AT_Utils folder that when placed in the Gamedata folder caused IFS to fail. That's a library shared by all of your mods, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

@FreeThinker Hello.. I have a question concerning the new HTP fuel.. When I try to switch fuels, I usually only have LFO, Liquid ox and Liquid fuel (stand alone), and LHO.. I now get HTP in place of LHO on my tanks.. I have not tested ALL tanks but every tank so far this is the case... I will double check using just Hydrogen Tanks or Tanks Specifically made for LHO... I am not sure if it is a possible mod issue as yes, I do have a good number of mods that still need updated or recompiled for 1.7.0 but maybe you know of this issue or how to fix it? If so, any insight is welcome.. Thanks! P.S. Thank you for all the work you have done and continue to do btw!!  

9 minutes ago, PCkarma112 said:

@FreeThinker Hello.. I have a question concerning the new HTP fuel.. When I try to switch fuels, I usually only have LFO, Liquid ox and Liquid fuel (stand alone), and LHO.. I now get HTP in place of LHO on my tanks.. I have not tested ALL tanks but every tank so far this is the case... I will double check using just Hydrogen Tanks or Tanks Specifically made for LHO... I am not sure if it is a possible mod issue as yes, I do have a good number of mods that still need updated or recompiled for 1.7.0 but maybe you know of this issue or how to fix it? If so, any insight is welcome.. Thanks! P.S. Thank you for all the work you have done and continue to do btw!!  

Do you have KSPIE installed?

Edited by FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Is the tank you are switch a IFS tank or an stock or other mod tank?

I was trying on other mod and Stock Tanks... Tried on IFS Tank (Specifically Cryogenic) and works fine.. Haha.. Sorry, in the past worked on most stock tanks and even other mods.. Why I was worried hehe.. Thank you. Specifically the Hydrolox mix 

Version 3.8.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.0

Released on 2019-05-17

• Added MonoPropellant to global LFO tanks script
  • Balance: All advanced propellant get unlocked after Large Fuel Storage tech is unlocked
  • Fixed ElectricCharge NaN issue hat could develop during timewarp with power storage parts when DynamicBatteryStorage was installed
  • Fixed issue with LH2O ratio for global LFO tanks script not having correct mix ratio

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.8.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.0

Released on 2019-05-26

• Added Tank Switch button which show switch window that closes after selecting a tank configuration.
  • Balance: Improved mass ratios for non stock tank configurations for stock LFO tanks
  • Balance: Increased volume pure Liquid Hydrogen tanks by 50% (similar to Cryo tanks mod)
  • Fixed LHOX fuel mode which now contains proper Hydrogen+Oxidizer mix
Edited by FreeThinker

just a visual problem, but I haven't replicated it in a clean install yet so I didn't report the bug.

If it's the same one I'm having, switching resources leaves the previous resource listed in the tanks information until you click somewhere else and go back into it's info where it displays the correct contents

11 minutes ago, danshu15 said:

just a visual problem, but I haven't replicated it in a clean install yet so I didn't report the bug.

If it's the same one I'm having, switching resources leaves the previous resource listed in the tanks information until you click somewhere else and go back into it's info where it displays the correct contents

Indeed, it appears something that is introduced with KSP 1.7.1. Strange that no one has reported it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.