Kerbals change profession when Roster shrinks

Hello

Awesome job on 1.0! Loving it so far.

After a kerbal met his unfortunate demise when testing the new re-entry heat, other Kerbals in my roster changed professions. For example, a 1 star Pilot became a 1 star Engineer. Another pilot (no star) became a scientist.

Separately, I can confirm another bug reported already: - the revert flight button is disabled during flight. I noticed this when switching to debris (a separated stage). I was unable to switch back to see if that resolved the issue, as it says you can't switch ships while in atmo (debris in atmo, ship in space).

Thank you.

Hey,

I have the same problem. After installing 1.0 - 1.0.2 all of my kerbals changed specialization. And I think i have replication steps.

I flew a mission just before upgrading to 1.0, and one of my pilots was lost. I landed earlier in the mission, and I knew that it autosaved. So I closed KSP instead of reverting hoping to keep it from autosaving, and before I did it said vessel has been destroyed, cannot autosave at this point. So I loaded it up again, opened my game, and it turned out that it did autosave, my kerbal was listed as KIA. I loaded an earlier save before the crash and flew the mission. Then I upgraded to 1.0 - 1.0.2 and when I went back in, I noticed that all of my kerbals changed specialization except for the original 3. After reading this, I remembered that I lost a kerbal just before upgrading. It might have changed then. And I remember being able to use SAS with someone who wasn't a pilot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.