Val...

Vladthemad

Anyone else wonder why Val is off by herself in space on the second page of the start menu with a depressing look on her face?

It is weird. Especially since, in the 1.0 demo version of the title screen replacing one of the guys who was previously there.

I don't think those Kerbals are any of the orange suits, they're all rather emotionless compared to Jeb and Bill and Bob and Val.

I think it was done to kinda reveal that female Kerbals were new, and to make her stand out.

But I agree it almost looks like she's segregated from the others :/

Maybe she's sulking because she's sad that no females work in the admin office.

I noticed that too. She looks sorta... dead-eyed. Not all there. All the kerbals on that scene need some attention I think, and random animations like on the lunar scene (doing somersalts or something)

Another idea - pop her on the Mun in the other menu scene. Maybe as The Builder Of The Castle, maybe as another kerbal trying to dig out the lander with a sample scoop or whatever is available.

While Val is a badass, she still has intelligence compared to the other orange suits. She's probably thinking I'm surrounded by idiots.

^ This

Honestly it's kinda ironically realistic.. A female of her intellect is going to distance herself and roll her eyes when there are 3 boys goofing off in a situation that should be more serious..

My name is Marty and I like to party?

//My name is Pitt, and you aint talking your way out of this, Schmitt

//My name is Paul, and this is between y'all

Edited by DuoDex

While Val is a badass, she still has intelligence compared to the other orange suits. She's probably thinking I'm surrounded by idiots.

She's my test pilot. She can't possibly be too smart either or she wouldn't have taken the job in the first place

I think it's because she's just new to the group. Jeb, Bob, and Bill have spent so many game decades cooped up together in a command pod, otherwise alone in the vastness of space, that they've lost any real sense that other Kerbals even exist, and feel uncomfortable being out of arm's reach of each other. This naturally makes them seem rather off-putting to everybody else on those rare occasions when they're home. So they're not yet really aware of Val, and Val thinks they're weird, and they all dread the fact that at some point they'll have to mingle.

Anyone else wonder why Val is off by herself in space on the second page of the start menu with a depressing look on her face?

The way I interpreted the transition from the camera shot of a group of males to the weird looking Val, was that they were all staring at her creepily due to her being the first female Kerbal they've ever seen, and her looking very nervous as a result.

I think this is the best answer... Can you honestly imagine working with the other 3.. ? :0.0:

Val is nothing more then a rip off of Jeb. its kind of sad that they didnt try and make her original nope lets just make a carbon coby of jeb with boobs so interesting.

She doesn't have to be interesting if she has bewbs, every man knows that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.