GPOSpeedFuelPump [KSP V1.0.2]

After the Kraken took GoodSpeed away never to be seen again I have taken up the continuance of this mod. I do hope he doesn't mind wherever he may be

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/722/GPOSpeedFuelPump

also available on CKAN(according to KerbalStuff site) if you have it.

original thread

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67163-0-23-5-Goodspeed-Automatic-Fuel-Pump-v2-14-1?p=1887115#post1887115

N.B. REQUIRES modulemanager.dll

Licence: GNU GPL

Edited by Geordiepigeonowner

Oh wow this is great news! Thank you for doing this, GoodSpeed Fuel Pump was an absolutely essential mod for space stations and extraplanetary mining bases. I can't wait to try this out. Have some rep!

Yeah that's why I did. I love the mod but it looked as though Goodspeed has vanished which left me with the only option of learning how to do a mod.

All credit to Goodspeed. Most of his great original code is still in place.

I'll keep this up to date for as long as I play KSP

First, thank you! This will make multistage spaceplanes far easier to fuel manage. Also, I just love this mod in general. Now that ISRU is stock it's even MORE important.

Second, thanks for making a page. It'll be easier to find and reference.

Third, I'm pretty sure you need the license link on your forum post to be legit here.

Somebody carmelize ... karmaize ... uh ... hmm...

__Æ(..)

All the +1's for this.

ï¼¼(^▽^)ï¼Â彡ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»

Nice, that mod was always very usefull. But may i ask you to add some small improvement?

Negative numbers for fuel tanks levels (with default level of all tanks set t zero).

That woudl allow for more flexible fuel managment.

Nice, that mod was always very usefull. But may i ask you to add some small improvement?

Negative numbers for fuel tanks levels (with default level of all tanks set t zero).

That woudl allow for more flexible fuel managment.

Do you mean going from -8 to 8? I'm all for that. I think 16 (Well, 17 I suppose) levels would be welcome.

But just the act of using negative numbers doesn't really mean anything. I think it'd be better to go from 0-16 (or 15 if that's easier to code). 0 is a more memorable endpoint than -8.

Do you mean going from -8 to 8? I'm all for that. I think 16 (Well, 17 I suppose) levels would be welcome.

But just the act of using negative numbers doesn't really mean anything. I think it'd be better to go from 0-16 (or 15 if that's easier to code). 0 is a more memorable endpoint than -8.

No,it does metter that you have negatve numbers.

If all your tanks are set to 0, and you want to evenly transfer from all tanks to one smaller one, thats ok. just set smaller tank to 1.

But what about opposite? You want to empty smaller tank and evenly distribute fuel to all the rest.. That way you woudl have to set manually all tanks bestde small one to level 1..

Or with my suggestion implemented, just set small tank do -1

Could you give a shot at career mode implementation? Fuel pumping is supposed to be disabled until you upgrade your buildings a little, but this plugin works by default.

Thanks for updating it, by the way. I love this mod.

Stupid question... What does this mod do?

Allows you to set priority levels for fuel tanks, and the mod moves fuel around. to keep certain fuel tanks full, instead of the stock system draining fuel top to bottom, or front to back. So if you wanted the tank in the middle of an airplane to stay full to keep the center of mass at the center, while all the other fuel tanks drain first, this mod allows that.

Stupid question... What does this mod do?

As an example that I've used since the Kethane days, set your drilling base's fuel tanks to 8 (16 now. the highest value). Set your tug's value to one less than that (15). Set your space station (that holds the fuel for passing ships) to one below that (14). Then, use the other levels how you wish on other ships but always keep them at 13 or lower.

Then, when you land your fuel tug at your drilling base, the drilling base just automatically fills it up, no interaction required (well, you have to dock, claw, or KAS your tug to your station). Lift your tug up and dock with the orbital station, it dumps all its fuel into the station, no interaction required. Then any passing ships come by, dock with the station, and (you guessed it) they fill up their tanks, no interaction required.

It's a click saver, time saver, and headache saver. At the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

No,it does metter that you have negatve numbers.

If all your tanks are set to 0, and you want to evenly transfer from all tanks to one smaller one, thats ok. just set smaller tank to 1.

But what about opposite? You want to empty smaller tank and evenly distribute fuel to all the rest.. That way you woudl have to set manually all tanks bestde small one to level 1..

Or with my suggestion implemented, just set small tank do -1

That is - in spirit - the exact same argument that the guy from Spinal Tap used for his amplifier going up to 11.

Awesome! This is my favorite mod, I can't play without it, thanks for updating it! ;)

Seriously, thanks. I'm in the middle of a move and don't even have Unity installed on my current desktop to do compiles against. I have updated the first post of the original thread to now point to this thread. Good luck and have fun!

Awesome! This is my favorite mod, I can't play without it, thanks for updating it! ;)

Seriously, thanks. I'm in the middle of a move and don't even have Unity installed on my current desktop to do compiles against. I have updated the first post of the original thread to now point to this thread. Good luck and have fun!

Gaius! Thanks for this awesome mod! Hope you get settled and have time to join us again someday soon!

Actually, I could see a rare case usage of negative numbers. It could be possible to have two separate chains of tanks attached to the same structure while not having them interfere with one another. It'd be less confusing, and more functional, to instead add more bits and bobs which describe a fuel system label or number so you could go beyond two fuel system chains ... if you're detail-oriented enough to even want a second chain in the first place.

Actually' date=' I could see a rare case usage of negative numbers. It could be possible to have two separate chains of tanks attached to the same structure while not having them interfere with one another. It'd be less confusing, and more functional, to instead add more bits and bobs which describe a fuel system label or number so you could go beyond two fuel system chains ... if you're detail-oriented enough to even want a second chain in the first place.[/quote']

Ooooh so both feed "down" to zero, but no negative tanks would feed into positive tanks or vice versa? I kind of like that. Though it may be better in that case to be able to switch between different... uh... my brain no make words good. "Class"es of tanks? So you'd have 0-16 for priority values, and then if you so choose you could have alpha tanks, beta tanks, gamma tanks, etc. Gamma will only accept fuel from and give fuel to other gamma tanks, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.