GPOSpeedFuelPump [KSP V1.0.2]

Awesome! This is my favorite mod, I can't play without it, thanks for updating it! ;)

Seriously, thanks. I'm in the middle of a move and don't even have Unity installed on my current desktop to do compiles against. I have updated the first post of the original thread to now point to this thread. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for being so gracious. I don't have unity installed either. Does that help? I'm by no means an experienced modder.

Ooooh so both feed "down" to zero, but no negative tanks would feed into positive tanks or vice versa? I kind of like that. Though it may be better in that case to be able to switch between different... uh... my brain no make words good. "Class"es of tanks? So you'd have 0-16 for priority values, and then if you so choose you could have alpha tanks, beta tanks, gamma tanks, etc. Gamma will only accept fuel from and give fuel to other gamma tanks, etc.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to describe. Gamma 5 will never feed into Alpha 2, etc. Name it however you like, the idea is all the same to me.

Thanks for being so gracious. I don't have unity installed either. Does that help? I'm by no means an experienced modder.

Oh, ha! Nope, you don't need it -- the Unity libraries it compiles against are actually in the KSP_win directory (under KSP_Data\Managed). See, it's been so long since I monkeyed with this that I don't even remember what I did. I have oldheimers. :P

I do need Unity installed for working on my parts mod, so my confusion is at least excusable. Who knows, maybe someday I'll have time to update that one...

Just figured I would post these in case anyone wanted a few universal patchs for the pump. :)

Every Part with a Resource except for ElectricCharge & Solid Fuel.

Use: If you play with mods that make use of things like the Community Resource Pack and don't want to write a config for every single individual resource :P

@PART
[*]:HAS[!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel],@RESOURCE
[*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

Every part configured with the Interstellar Fuel Switch Mod

Use: These parts often have no Resources defined directly so get ignored by the previous config.

- Also if you use Nertea's Cryo Engines mod it has a MM patch that converts every tank that has LFO mix (Stock or Mod) to use the plugin so you can switch between multiple different fuel mixes. This makes sure they get tagged for the Fuel Pump since his patch runs early in loading & can cause the tanks to no longer qualify for the default patches.

@PART
[*]:HAS[MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

Every part configured using the old Firespitter Fuel Switch system

Use: Same as the Interstellar just for the older fuel switch mod.

@PART
[*]:HAS[MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

Every part configured using Modular Fuel Tanks mod

Use: As the previous ones just affects tanks that have been configured for multiple fuel types using the Modular Fuel Tanks Mod.

@PART
[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

EDIT:

You can add the following to have it run after the configs in a mod folder if you are having overwrite issues. Add this to the end of the line with NEEDS in it.

:AFTER[modfolder]

Modfolder can be whatever mod folder name in gamedata you want it to run after.

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

You would have to ask the mod creator not me :P

Though they don't really need to be. Just create a blank .cfg file in your GameData folder (Or create a folder, I keep all mine in their own folder) and copy the code I posted for the ones you want into it. As long as you have the current ModuleManager installed (Pretty much mandatory for this mod) they will work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't working for me when using Interstellar Fuel Switch from CryoEngines or NF, but this lame MM .cfg fixed it:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL // Since this catches LFO tanks...
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL // ...this is probably unnecessary, but you never know.
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[ArgonGas],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidHydrogen],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LqdHydrogen],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Food],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Water],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Oxygen],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[Pump]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = GPOSpeedPump
}
}

I actually updated my configs on page 3. Apparently the :FINAL wasn't being triggered properly. The ones on page 3 are now what I am currently using with Nerteas Cryo Engines installed.

EDIT: You could also add an :AFTER[CryoEngines] instead of the FINAL to force the check to run after it finishes Nertea's config

Thanks for (maintaining) this mod! IMO it's way more straightforward and easy to use than TAC FuelBalancer. Also thanks fo these MM configs ;)

One small thing you could consider for this mod. TAC FB has the option to dump the contents of a tank. This is really useful if you want to lose some weight returning to Kerbin, or when you want to relieve your chutes of some pressure etc. Like I said, just something to consider :) Thanks again, keep up the good work!

There seems to be a conflict between this mod and the Stock Fuel Switch mode. When both are installed, GPOSpeed's menus are not available in the VAB or in flight.

I'm not sure which mod is to "blame" but figured I'd start here, as your menus are what is missing.

Its not a Conflict, Its a load order issue.

The baseline configs that come standard with GPOSpeedPump target a resource then add the pump. The Configs for Intersteller Fuel Pump (Nertea's Global COnvert in his Cryo Engines) or Firesplitter Fuel Switch (Stock Fuel Switch MM patch) find the original resource, run their config, then delete the original resource. So it becomes an invalid target for any of the GPO configs.

If you look to page 3 I have posted configs for those. Though you may need to add :AFTER[modfolder] (with the name of the folder the stock fuel tank mod uses) so that it runs after that set of configs and updates them.

If you look to page 3 I have posted configs for those. Though you may need to add :AFTER[modfolder] (with the name of the folder the stock fuel tank mod uses) so that it runs after that set of configs and updates them.

Thanks! And sorry for not seeing that. I searched for the specific mod but not firespitter or the module name. :noob: :D

Does anyone happen to have an older version that would work with KSP 0.25? I currently have a save that still needs to stay on that version, yet I can't find one of the older versions of the original mod that worked with 0.25 in the older thread. If anyone still has a version that worked in 0.25, it'd be very much appreciated!

Does anyone happen to have an older version that would work with KSP 0.25? I currently have a save that still needs to stay on that version, yet I can't find one of the older versions of the original mod that worked with 0.25 in the older thread. If anyone still has a version that worked in 0.25, it'd be very much appreciated!

Older Version? Do you mean Goodspeed Fuel Pump, the one listed as the "original thread" in the first post?

GPO didn't exist before 1.0, its the rebuild of Goodspeed for the 1.0+ versions of KSP.

I don't know if it'll work, but did you try the one linked here?

Do you mean Goodspeed Fuel Pump, the one listed as the "original thread" in the first post?

Yes, I should have specified that. My apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if it'll work, but did you try the one linked here?

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the link, I didn't see it when I went through the old thread.

I need to have this toggleable from action groups. Badly. Using Hybrid Rocket Boosters kinda demands it, or else the craft ends up pumping Oxidzer too soon or too early (rest of the craft sans HRBs really needs the pumping).

Please.

Edited by cipherpunks
forgot to add magic word

I need to have this toggleable from action groups. Badly. Using Hybrid Rocket Boosters kinda demands it, or else the craft ends up pumping Oxidzer too soon or too early (rest of the craft sans HRBs really needs the pumping).

Please.

Haven't tried it, but the description quasi fits.......

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100932-1-0-2-%28May-09-15%29-Actions-Everywhere-Action-Group-it-all-w-Crossfeed-Control?p=1556433&viewfull=1#post1556433

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.