[1.4] Electrical engines !

Are the engines too powerful for their electric consumption ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are the engines too powerful for their electric consumption ?

• Yes
    • No

Thanks for your feedbacks, and sorry for the long time without post, I was very busy with some irl work, and btw, I'm married since 3 days now ;)

Congratulations! :cool:

You got married a few days ago and you're back working on your mod? Above and beyond the call, mate!

- - - Updated - - -

After some time I don't figure why the CKAN file didn't update
Looks like you changed the directory structure. I've submitted a fixed netkan file, just waiting for it to be merged. As long as you stick to the "ElectricalEngines" folder needing to go into GameData, it should be fine, now. You can rename the lower levels as much as you want (but don't call that top level directory "ElectricalEngines" or it'll all go bad!)

Edit to Add: CKAN is now up to date with 1.6

Edited by politas
update

Congratulations! :cool:

You got married a few days ago and you're back working on your mod? Above and beyond the call, mate!

Thank you man ! you're the only one noticing it ;), I'm officially married yes, we'll celebrate it on next July with the whole family, so now i'm working on my irl+wedding+mod :) but I only get pleasure when working on the mod :)

Looks like you changed the directory structure. I've submitted a fixed netkan file, just waiting for it to be merged. As long as you stick to the "ElectricalEngines" folder needing to go into GameData, it should be fine, now. You can rename the lower levels as much as you want (but don't call that top level directory "ElectricalEngines" or it'll all go bad!)

Edit to Add: CKAN is now up to date with 1.6

Thanks for the submit ! didn't knew the submitting are took that fast :o

For now, I think about making it about x3 or x4, we'll see.

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE IN 3 DAYS ! WHAT PART DO YOU ASK FOR FELLOW BROTHERS?

First of, congratulation for getting married! Second, my wish list: 1. radial electric propeller, 2. textures that fit nicely with mk2/mk3 for batteries and engines.

If you don't know what I mean with textures, they should look like these:

RaqAxx9.jpg

See, the textures are not just clean, they have stripes, scars and mud on them.

I've been very busy with the wedding those days brothers, the new small rotor engines are ready, but I think I'll remake them since I don't like their "shapes" on KSP

BTW, after some LONG reflexion, I'll make the power consumption X4 that'll make you just land your craft from time to time to "refuel" your batteries, it's not a big mess, it's just because of the game balance :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Excuse me everyone, but i'm new to the forum, and i really liked that mod, and i want to follow the progress as well, but i don't know how to download, where is the link?

----

Nevermind, i'm just dumb and don't pay attention to the link right on my face!

Edited by diomedea
merged consecutive posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately I would prefer just an engine that's pure electricity no fuel powerful enough to escape the Kerbal planet's atmosphere but it burns through electricity quickly. It's power ratio relative to the input of electricity you're allowing it(E.X 60 a second would give you a 50 k/n thrust).

On 11/28/2017 at 9:26 AM, Triston777 said:

Unfortunately I would prefer just an engine that's pure electricity no fuel powerful enough to escape the Kerbal planet's atmosphere but it burns through electricity quickly. It's power ratio relative to the input of electricity you're allowing it(E.X 60 a second would give you a 50 k/n thrust).

did you test this and it works?

after looking in the cfg files it is a possibility

On 11/29/2017 at 12:34 PM, TheKurgan said:

@Triston777The last post in this thread, before yours, was almost 2 years ago.....  WHY would you dig this up from the bowels of the forum? lol

Galileo dug this up too, and pointed me to it, which is why I'm even commenting here. And guess what... :wink: 

@Triston777 @danielboro I'm reviving and renaming this mod. There will be electric engines rated for ultrasonic crafts and SSTOs. The existing parts have all already been adjusted for more reasonable EC storage and EC consumption, and will work in any atmosphere.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Galileo dug this up too, and pointed me to it, which is why I'm even commenting here. And guess what... :wink: 

@Triston777 @danielboro I'm reviving and renaming this mod. There will be electric engines rated for ultrasonic crafts and SSTOs. The existing parts have all already been adjusted for more reasonable EC storage and EC consumption, and will work in any atmosphere.

And ^^THIS^^ is exactly why I dont like locking old mod threads, and think its a bad idea...And why i also dont like those who post ONLY to put down those who "necro" an old thread...
If these old threads dont get bumped (for good reasons), then they will be guaranteed to never come to the attention of a new modder who may have fresh ideas/improvements, whether they decide to fully "continue" the mod, or even just to glean ideas from it for their own, new, interpretation...

Edited by Stone Blue

23 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

And why i also dont like those who post ONLY to put down those who "necro" an old thread...

Well I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, and I didn't think I was putting anyone down... my apologies to @Triston777

Please remove this from the bottom of old threads:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Well I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, and I didn't think I was putting anyone down... my apologies to @Triston777

Please remove this from the bottom of old threads:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

sorry... didnt mean to imply specifically YOU... reading yours, yours has a tone of tongue in cheek... I meant in general, there are those who come in all seriousness, and basically berate someone for necroing...and usually thats the ONLY reason they reply... not to "lol" and joke about it with the person who necro'd, or even to also add something constructive relative to the thread or post, in addidtion to the berating.... cuz THAT happens more than not... :(

and yeah, I would like to see that automatic admonishment removed from threads that havent been active for awhile, too...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...