Finally figured it out

WOODY01

It took what I thought was going to be a failed launch to figure out that your velocity is really only the important thing. The atmosphere and weight of your vehicle just hinder your acceleration.

I was so worried about my AP and how high it was along with my speed when the thing I should have really been focusing on was getting close to orbital velocity as quickly and effeintly as I could before coasting in to circulurize.

I am making to orbit with a bit less delta v now.

There's actually a really easy way to orbit if you can't be bothered with a technical launch. I've found that everything I want in space can be shot most of the way with SRB's. Strap on a bunch and get it up to 25-30k with them and you can carry absolutely ridiculous size ships out of the atmosphere. It IS harder to leave the atmosphere but it also seems a lot easier to abuse too.

It took what I thought was going to be a failed launch to figure out that your velocity is really only the important thing. The atmosphere and weight of your vehicle just hinder your acceleration.

Velocity is second most important, Heading/Attitude is the most important part.

In fact - "Delta-V" is mathematical notation (in Latin) for a "Change in Velocity."

Well actually 'delta' is Greek and 'V' is Latin. :P

But that wasn't the point of your post so I agree.

Who gets taught what in which grade in which country is beside the point. Numerous posts trimmed from this thread. Can't we just be happy for a fellow player reaching an understanding milestone of the game?

Yep. That's how it works. :D This is an important insight in most player's learning process.

I think, really, that nothing else need be said.

There is always more reward for finding something out on your own than just cramming down what others tell you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.