[1.7.3] SPC-v0.19 | Spaceplane Corrections, stock part texture improvements and trim switching (8 September 17)

HafCoJoe

SPC - Spaceplane Corrections

Hello everyone!

Personally I've been pretty annoyed that a number of stock parts don't have matching colors or shades. There are two generic white coats used for splaceplane or rocket parts, and there are at least five different shades of gray used for trim (Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Spaceplane, Airliner, etc...). This really bugs me when building intricate craft so I decided to fix this with FireSpitters texture switch plugin (FSTextureSwitch2) to add a widget to swap between textures and trim colors, as well as fix a number couple of misaligned textures and add a few aesthetic changes along the way. I hope they suit your fancy :)

This mod is dependent on the Firespitter plugin maintained by @RoverDude and ModuleManager maintained by @sarbian. Thank you all so much for making this mod work.

Make sure to download and install the latest ModuleManager.dll! Firespitter is bundled with the download.

Example image:

AloZRTz.png

Trim change gif example: https://i.imgur.com/GrJgIwL.gifv

Flap retexture gif example: https://i.imgur.com/5ebwtVz.gifv

More images: http://imgur.com/a/KjyV5

-Embed links seem to be broken :/There's a lot more that isn't mentioned or shown in those images (I.E. retextured the blue nosecone and small decoupler, etc). Check the SpaceDock version history for a much more complete list.

Download:

License:

This mod is published under the MIT lisense. View it here.

Well, that's all for now folks! Thanks for the read, and I'll see you all later.

- Avera9eJoe

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Updated to v0.19

You made the bars on the NASA tanks line up. Can I hug you?

Uhh. Sure! It's been annoying me for a while so I though I'd fix it rather than keep complaining :).

Version 0.04 released!

So I checked this last night and thought "Such a nice idea... Too bad the colors are too light for my tastes..." and then I got here today and you've darkened them already. THANK YOU! Have my download and rep, kind sir/madam :)

So I checked this last night and thought "Such a nice idea... Too bad the colors are too light for my tastes..." and then I got here today and you've darkened them already. THANK YOU! Have my download and rep, kind sir/madam :)

Hahaha np! I thought they were too bland as well.

Edit: Oh and FYI I am a sir. :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1.02 seems to have broken at least the Advanced Canard. Probably some other stuff too, but I haven't come across them. These fixes make everything better, so I thought you should know.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you could make the textures a little less defined (or something to that effect)? The textures seem to have some weird artifacts or... I don't really know how to describe it but look at the SPCC Big S delta wing. There's something off in it. Anti-aliasing seems confused.

Edited by RyanRising

1.02 seems to have broken at least the Advanced Canard. Probably some other stuff too, but I haven't come across them. These fixes make everything better, so I thought you should know.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you could make the textures a little less defined (or something to that effect)? The textures seem to have some weird artifacts or... I don't really know how to describe it but look at the SPCC Big S delta wing. There's something off in it. Anti-aliasing seems confused.

Yeah one second... I'm noticing the canard missing too. I'll take another sweep at the Big S delta. I purposely added contrast to bring out the paneling and scorching on the top, but I can easily dim it a bit. Did you download v0.05?

Yeah one second... I'm noticing the canard missing too. I'll take another sweep at the Big S delta. I purposely added contrast to bring out the paneling and scorching on the top, but I can easily dim it a bit. Did you download v0.05?

Oh, there's a v.0.05? I think that happened after I posted the comment. Downloading now...

EDIT: Yeah, it seems to have something to do with there being an AirplaneFins texture file, but then, I'm not sure what goes where. I'm no good with these things.

Edited by RyanRising

Cool idea. Just wondering if it would be better to use Texture Replacer or Module Manager to replace the textures rather than overwriting them.

I'm actually seriously debating that. The only reason I'm replacing them I because it would save memory to just replace the stock textures. If that isn't a high priority worry, I may end up using texture replacer - though I am also a fan of having an independent mod too.

Cool mod a standardised texture for all the fuel tanks would be nice they are all over the place. I hate the textures for the medium 1.25 tank and the smaller 2.5 tanks they just don't fit right.

I'm actually seriously debating that. The only reason I'm replacing them I because it would save memory to just replace the stock textures. If that isn't a high priority worry, I may end up using texture replacer - though I am also a fan of having an independent mod too.

Module manager fixes wouldn't be too bad, but I have a few mods that don't play with texture replacer, so if you go down the texture replacer route, and it isn't too hard to keep a copy and replace version around, I'd be super happy about it.

KSP 1.0+ now natively supports the DDS format for textures.

SPPCC v0.6.0 does not use the minimap in DDS files, and it should be due to the optimization. (unless KSP does not use the mini map in DDS, just starting my adventure with modding KSP)

KSP 1.0+ now natively supports the DDS format for textures.

SPPCC v0.6.0 does not use the minimap in DDS files, and it should be due to the optimization. (unless KSP does not use the mini map in DDS, just starting my adventure with modding KSP)

All of my images are in .dds format. So... what are you saying?

MiniMap for textures on Wiki.

EDIT

What program do you use to create textures. I'll help you optimize them. (give you a hint what options to use when writing to the DDS format.)

EDIT2

Link to optimized textures on GoogleDrive.

The original non-optimized without minimap

11,0 MB (11.535.815 bytes)

Optimized with minimaps

8,66 MB (9.088.680 bytes) ~20% less memory consumption

Edited by InsanePlumber

MiniMap for textures on Wiki.

EDIT

What program do you use to create textures. I'll help you optimize them. (give you a hint what options to use when writing to the DDS format.)

EDIT2

Link to optimized textures on GoogleDrive.

The original non-optimized without minimap

11,0 MB (11.535.815 bytes)

Optimized with minimaps

8,66 MB (9.088.680 bytes) ~20% less memory consumption

I'm using paint.net for exporting and editing. From that link I can tell you're using 7zip... :D. I don't have the time to peek now, but do the optimizations take away any quality from the textures? If not, I'd love to know the optimized settings for paint.net so I can use them in future updates of this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.