[1.7.3] SPC-v0.19 | Spaceplane Corrections, stock part texture improvements and trim switching (8 September 17)

HafCoJoe

• 3 weeks later...

@Avera9eJoeI would love an option to have ALL black parts, like say the SR-71 or X15 etc. I was just messing with textures trying to do it myself when I remembered this mod, and thought it would kinda fit in pretty well! I got about this far on the wings texture as an example: http://i.imgur.com/EjPfpsD.png

I could probably do the colouring for the other textures, have a curves preset that works nicely, but I have little experience with saving the speculars/alpha or converting to DDS...

Hm, which parts would you want in black? Just the Mk2 parts/jet fuselages and wings? That could probably be doable without much problem. If you're using paint.net, could you take a screenshot of the settings you're using to get that black shade? Either way around though I'll need to judge how much time it'll take. :)

16 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, which parts would you want in black? Just the Mk2 parts/jet fuselages and wings? That could probably be doable without much problem. If you're using paint.net, could you take a screenshot of the settings you're using to get that black shade? Either way around though I'll need to judge how much time it'll take. :)

Dude, you just made think.. What about fully white mk2 parts? Those would look cool

Adapters going to the Mk2 should have the stripe end not continue on to Size1/Size2 fuselage. Here are examples:

Mk2_to_1.25m_Adapter.pngMk2_to_1.25m_Adapter_Long.png2.5m_to_Mk2_Adapter.png

Squad already did this one:

Mk3_to_Mk2_Adapter.png

On 8/4/2017 at 7:10 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Engines to, especially panther/whiplash. Also white fairings/black fairings too please, if you will...

Thank you so much for this mod!!!

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

2 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Adapters going to the Mk2 should have the stripe end not continue on to Size1/Size2 fuselage.

Engines to, especially panther/whiplash. Also white fairings/black fairings too please, if you will...

:/ I'm sorry to say it but I don't have the skill or drive anymore to change the base coat of parts to black. I wouldn't use them myself so I don't have a use in adding them to SPC, and I tried and failed at getting a good result. With the adapters, I wasn't able to make a better transition than the one Porkjet designed so I'm leaving them as is too. You'll have to live with this for the time being, Sorry.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not stopping SPC or anything, just saying that I don't want to add black base coated parts :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

I mean by a large triangle on the end of the stripe ending the Mk2 Stripe

large triangle? The stripes only have rectangles, a triangle would look very out of place. Besides like I said above, I don't have the artistic skill

20 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:/ I'm sorry to say it but I don't have the skill or drive anymore to change the base coat of parts to black. I wouldn't use them myself so I don't have a use in adding them to SPC, and I tried and failed at getting a good result. With the adapters, I wasn't able to make a better transition than the one Porkjet designed so I'm leaving them as is too. You'll have to live with this for the time being, Sorry.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not stopping SPC or anything, just saying that I don't want to add black base coated parts :P

@KerBlitz KermanI've released a mod for black textures here:

Edited by Rodger

• 4 weeks later...

@KerBlitz Kerman - Here's a mod that adds 5 digital camo patterns, 4 solid colors (Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Orange), transparent/invisible aircraft armor (for use in conjunction with BDAc), stealth coating modules (for use in conjunction with BDAc) as well a miniaturized Panther for 0.625 parts (Mk0) and some Mk0 fuel tanks

DCK also has DCK Paintshop which switches the between textures of all parts at the same time so you don't have to switch textures on each part one by one

More features are in development ... Please stand by

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Any chance you could integrate the fuel tank parts on the Mk2 and Mk3 to be a single part with fuelswitch?

Hm, I'm afraid I can't combine parts sorry :( Would be handy though.

Technically you just use FireSpitter fuel switch and texture switch on one, and hide the other (not disable it entirely, so pre-mod crafts work.).

Intersteller partswitch would allow you to actually combine a reasonably large number of parts into one if you want to switch to using intersteller partswitch instead of firespitter.  (For instance you could combine all the 1.25m to Mk2 adapters into a single object and even add more utilizing single dimension scaling for the lengthwise dimension.)

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's something out of the scope of SPC I'm afraid. It would be a good standalone mod but it isn't something I plan to add in SPC sorry

Thanks anyway.  It's good to get a reply either way.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.