[1.7.3] SPC-v0.19 | Spaceplane Corrections, stock part texture improvements and trim switching (8 September 17)

HafCoJoe

17 hours ago, eberkain said:

Awesome, thanks!  I'm trying to keep a lean mod list, but this is definitely on the list, gotta make my planes look good.

The link should send you to spacedock now :) - sorry for the wait

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

Does this work with Ven's Stock Revamp?

It might... You can try the compatibility pack download but in short explanation Ven's Revamp breaks a lot of things with stock parts and I've had bad luck with it in the past :P

• 1 month later...

Here's an idea - have a texture switcher for the plain Aerodynamic Nose Cone that cycles through the stock blue dot, a black dot, all black, and all white?  For instance.  The blue dot however, matches nothing else in the game.

2 hours ago, fourfa said:

Here's an idea - have a texture switcher for the plain Aerodynamic Nose Cone that cycles through the stock blue dot, a black dot, all black, and all white?  For instance.  The blue dot however, matches nothing else in the game.

I do hate that spot...

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2017 at 11:20 PM, Avera9eJoe said:
On 4/9/2017 at 8:56 PM, fourfa said:

I do hate that spot...

On the nose cone what about having a halved black/white one, the black being heat shielding tiles. Thanks for this mod will install when I have the chance-

What about a parachute cap fixer to make the 1.25 drogues/main parachutes similar but the drogue shorter and stubbier?

29 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

On the nose cone what about having a halved black/white one, the black being heat shielding tiles. Thanks for this mod will install when I have the chance-

What about a parachute cap fixer to make the 1.25 drogues/main parachutes similar but the drogue shorter and stubbier?

Hm, that's an interesting idea for a nose cone texture too... though since there aren't any black tiles anymore I don't know it would match? I'll look into it though :)

What do you mean by "Parachute cap fixer"? I can only change part textures so if it involves changing the model/mesh I wouldn't be able to change it.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, that's an interesting idea for a nose cone texture too... though since there aren't any black tiles anymore I don't know it would match? I'll look into it though :)

What do you mean by "Parachute cap fixer"? I can only change part textures so if it involves changing the model/mesh I wouldn't be able to change it.

Ah. Just the parachutes (1.25 caps) are ugly, Can you just remove the the red/blue spots but have the name on it?

20 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Ah. Just the parachutes (1.25 caps) are ugly, Can you just remove the the red/blue spots but have the name on it?

Oh! I could totally do that yeah - I might even make it the default value too. Nice thing with FSTextureSwitch2 is that not only can you define textures to swap between, but you can define which one is the default texture when you drag it out. Plus it saves which textures you pick per craft :)

45 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Oh! I could totally do that yeah - I might even make it the default value too. Nice thing with FSTextureSwitch2 is that not only can you define textures to swap between, but you can define which one is the default texture when you drag it out. Plus it saves which textures you pick per craft :)

Thank you, that is something that has bugged me for awhiles-

Can you do the same thing with the R(adial) models? Since one is smaller there is also no need for names on them, a simple coloring is all needed

5 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Thank you, that is something that has bugged me for awhiles-

Can you do the same thing with the R(adial) models? Since one is smaller there is also no need for names on them, a simple coloring is all needed

Don't the small ones already have no name though?

5 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Good point, but they are different sizes and color coded. Can you make this 1.3 compatible?

Ah- it already is :) I just forgot to update the OP

for the winglets could you extend the darkening to the tip of them? It looks a bit weird with 3 tones.

And I'm also confused, the post says 1.3 compatible and the mod version is .14, but the space-dock says the mod version is .13 and it's only 1.2.2 compatible

5 hours ago, Bloojay said:

for the winglets could you extend the darkening to the tip of them? It looks a bit weird with 3 tones.

Which winglet? I can totally change that :)

5 hours ago, Bloojay said:

And I'm also confused, the post says 1.3 compatible and the mod version is .14, but the space-dock says the mod version is .13 and it's only 1.2.2 compatible

Should be fixed now, the files were correct but I somehow forgot to change the version number on SpaceDock

30 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

many thanks for the mod and all of your work.

great stuff.

Cheers.

Awe, thanks a ton :blush: It's really encouraging as a modder to hear from guys like you :)

24 minutes ago, cy4n said:

The TR-2V Stack Decoupler's texture was 15 degrees off, so I fixed it!

Here's the texture if you want to include it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGJauIu5fDPQVpRVHNmcGtsT1E

tmqwrgb.png

:o Totally adding that! Thanks a ton Cy4an :D I'll give you a shout out somewhere too. I've also been tempted to scale up the texture and remove some of the pixelation.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Just released version 0.15 with @cy4n's fixed decoupler texture (I also doubled the resolution), added gray and white variants to the standard nosecone, and added plain variants of the end-cap parachutes. :)

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Which winglet? I can totally change that :)

The "Swept Wing", "AV-R8", and "Tail Fin".

And just out of curiosity, I don't suppose you have anything for the AV-T1 do you? If not, I think @Ven has a replacement texture in his Stock Overhaul mod, though it might be an entirely new model.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Can we get an editor button which temporarily reverts all textures to stock.

Alao can you remove the lines on the mk 2&3 LFO, MP, and LF fuselages as well as white rockomax tanks, white bi,tri, and quadcouplers.

Thx! 

P.S. MP=Monopropellant.

This mod uses the FireSpitter plugin to get the texture switching so I sadly can't add any features to it, to revert all the textures to stock you'll need to remove the mod from GameData :P

When you say lines on the white rockomax tanks you mean the SLS/Apollo tanks right? I'm actually a big fan of them so I don't think I'll remove them. It actually takes a fair deal of effort to get textures that look good.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Ok.  What about those tanks with lines (Mk2/3)?

On 7/18/2017 at 11:41 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

This mod uses the FireSpitter plugin to get the texture switching so I sadly can't add any features to it, to revert all the textures to stock you'll need to remove the mod from GameData :P

When you say lines on the white rockomax tanks you mean the SLS/Apollo tanks right? I'm actually a big fan of them so I don't think I'll remove them. It actually takes a fair deal of effort to get textures that look good.

What about a second option though for those nacelles on SSTOs/Spaceplanes?

EDIT: and the Monop and LFO tank stripes look ugly, please fix. 

BTW: Plus one sub on YOUT

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.