[RETIRED] PEBKAC Industries: Launch Escape System

Kurld

• 1 month later...

This is a general notice to mods that include agencies--Squad changed how agency titles are detected in contracts (it's a simple line, title = rather than name = )

I found this out the hard way, or rather Bruno did, and I think your mod had that. You may want to correct it in future releases (it's very easy, literally just one additional line of code in the agents.cfg). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I verified this is working in 1.4.1 and updated Spacedock accordingly. I'm not playing KSP these days and am not sure when I will have a chance to check it against the new DLC. I did purchase it already, so if somebody runs into issues let me know and I will make some time to look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

The only "issue" I have with this mod, is that the New Mk1-3 Pod have the handrails in both sides of the ladder stick trough the BPC. same with the windows and Z clipping, other than that it works fine.

Edited by Overlocker96

On 4/5/2018 at 7:09 AM, Overlocker96 said:

The only "issue" I have with this mod, is that the New Mk1-3 Pod have the handrails in both sides of the ladder stick trough the BPC. same with the windows and Z clipping, other than that it works fine.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I have had "plans" for a long time to try and make a better looking BPC for this mod. Even before the new pod, I usually just used the version without the BPC since it is less distracting to me. The two parts function identically.

• 2 months later...

A few problems to report in 1.4.3

• The .version file still says it's for 1.3.0 to 1.3.99
  • The attachment point for the LES MK2-X is off, when attaching to the Mk1-2 pod, it is buried inside the top of the pod
  • Same goes for the LES Mk2

It may be that they moved the attachment point on the Mk1-2 pod, but either way, isn't working well.

If you add two TR-2C stack separators, the spacing is good, but that's obviously not ideal.  Also, using a Clamp-O-Tron docking port also does the spacing ok.

I think I know what you did, but I think it would help if you added a second attachment node for attaching to the capsule without any spacer.

Also, it might be nice to add a decoupler as part of it, so that it can be jettisoned when not needed anymore 

Edit:  I watched the video again

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks for the report.  Yeah, it's designed for the pods to have a docking port stacked on top of them. That's a good idea about a second node. Never occurred to me to add one since I always put a docking port on top.

That said, I am not planning on making any further modifications to this mod. I barely ever play KSP and only check these forums anymore out of habit. If somebody wants to take over this mod, please PM me and I will get you the relevant source materials (all the code is on Github.. maybe the .blend files and unity project as well... I can't remember).

6 minutes ago, Kurld said:

Thanks for the report.  Yeah, it's designed for the pods to have a docking port stacked on top of them. That's a good idea about a second node. Never occurred to me to add one since I always put a docking port on top.

That said, I am not planning on making any further modifications to this mod. I barely ever play KSP and only check these forums anymore out of habit. If somebody wants to take over this mod, please PM me and I will get you the relevant source materials (all the code is on Github.. maybe the .blend files and unity project as well... I can't remember).

I will, have PM'd you