[Windows] KSP won't "accept" Joystick axes

Hello!

KSP 1.0 adds overhauled joystick functionality and TrackIR support. I got trackIR working (and it's awesome) but my Logitech Force 3D Pro isn't mapping properly anymore. I remember being able to use it in the past.

Basically, the problem is that when I go into settings, I select the axis I want to map (say Yaw), move the relevant axis and KSP correctly picks up what axis I moved, so the joystick is definitely working and detected. However, the "accept" button does nothing, it doesn't even close the popup window. The only way I can close it is by clicking cancel. If I try to map the axis again, the interface will disable and the mapping popup won't even show up. Since the confirm/cancel setting changes buttons at the bottom are still disabled, the only way to leave the settings menu is to switch to another settings tab (like audio) and confirm/cancel changes from there.

Joystick buttons map fine as usual.

Joystick drivers up to date and still works in other games.

Running Windows 10 64 bit, KSP 1.0 through Steam.

Model: "Logitech Force 3D Pro"

Edited by thatdude624

Sorry about that! Here's all relevant info.

Interestingly, it no longer seems to show the joystick mapping thing on even the first attempt anymore. Verified Steam Cache, still doing it.

Here's the only 2 relevant screenshots I could think of:

http://imgur.com/a/M4AeJ

The first shows KSP is version 1.0.0.830, and the other shows the locked up interface after clicking the pitch axis map button. also note the correctly mapped joystick button for translation/rotation switching.

DxDiag with system info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43744321/KSPDebug/DxDiag.txt

KSP output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43744321/KSPDebug/output_log.txt

Well the log doesn't show much, just that it's listening for joystick 0.

Can you try deleting the settings.cfg from the game folder, if you upgraded from .90 the old settings.cfg can cause problems.

Can you try deleting the settings.cfg from the game folder

Already attempted this, the popup appears on first attempt again. It also seems that changing the resolution to 1600x900 fullscreen, confirming (which immediately changes resolution as normal) then closing and restarting KSP will keep it at that resolution and it will stay fullscreen, but if you enter the settings menu it claims to be on 1280x270 windowed mode. Clicking apply/accept without touching anything in the settings mode will actually put it in windowed mode at that resolution, while changing it back to 1600x900 fullscreen and then applying will fix it. This all resets every reboot of KSP, and every time it goes back to default in the menu, but not in the game. It seems to affect the other settings as well. They do not reset when leaving and reentering the settings menu while KSP stays open.

Running as admin doesn't fix this, and KSP isn't in program files or any restricted folder

I'm not too bothered by this, but it may perhaps be related to this problem.

Here's the mapping window. Clicking accept doesn't do anything, only cancel closes it. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43744321/KSPDebug/2015-05-01_00004.jpg

We,, the resolution thing I think we can fix, you'll find a registry key called "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Squad/Kerbal SPace Program" containing "Screenmanager Resolution Height" and Screenmanager Resolution Width" as well as "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode"

Toggle them to decimal mode and you can manually set the default resolution, unless you're good with hexadecimal, that should solve the screen issue.

As for the controls, does clearing the binding first have any effect?

you'll find a registry key called "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Squad/Kerbal SPace Program" containing "Screenmanager Resolution Height" and Screenmanager Resolution Width" as well as "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode"

Toggle them to decimal mode and you can manually set the default resolution, unless you're good with hexadecimal, that should solve the screen issue.

I checked, those registry values are all correctly setup for 1600x800 fullscreen, and as before the game launches in 1600x800 fullscreen. It's just that entering and leaving the settings menu changes the resolution, unless you manually set it back to 1600x800 before clicking apply, because those fields reset for some reason.

I've found that the texture quality, ground scatter etc. settings all also go back to default whenever the settings menu is opened, as with resolution, but for some weird reason the control mapping remains whatever I've set it to.

As for the controls, does clearing the binding first have any effect?

It does not, even though the axes are not bound at all to start with, they all seem to start out as "none" by default and I obviously can't change them. Clicking clear binding in the popup, then moving the axis still doesn't fix the confirm button, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

After some searching I've found someone had the same problem as me, interestingly with a very simmilar joystick model: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117066-Logitech-Extreme-3D-Pro-Axis-Bindings-Freeze

Mine is the Force 3D Pro, which is almost identical to the Extreme 3D Pro except it has Force Feedback (which KSP doesn't support anyways), and it's a different colour. I think the drivers are the same too.

I registered here to report the same issues.

-Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle were working yesterday. Today, the joystick is working, but the Throttle isn't. When I try to adjust the settings and remap the throttle as the primary, no popup appears and the rest of the settings are greyed out. I have to click one of the other options up top and cancel out of settings. In the settings.cfg file everything seems to be mapped properly.

-Above also happens with CH PRO USB PEDALS.

-On game start, I'm asked about sending data, even though that option has been unchecked.

Been using this game error-free for a few days. Only started having this problem this morning.

More research:

After finding my controller, I can map it as a Joystick just fine, with the accept button working as expected. Even weirder: After trying this, the settings menu retained its settings!

I think I might know what the problem relates to. Whatever squad changed to overhaul the joystick controls changed how joystick controls are saved to the config file. Something with how those names are saved does not like my joystick, perhaps it saves the name of the joystick which contained strange unicode character like the trademark or copyright symbol or something.

That could explain why it won't confirm, and why some settings are messed up on reset.

However, I know absolutely nothing about how Unity or KSP works, so this is purely a guess. It seems to be related to the Logitech joysticks though.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, tried to test my theory. I don't see anything too strange in the config. I have pitch mapped to the Force 3D Pro, and Yaw mapped to the Xbox 360 controller, named by KSP's Config file as "Joystick 1" and "Controller (Xbox 360 Wir." respectively at line 830 onwards. As before, the settings menu started going weird as soon as I tried to map my Joystick, but worked fine for the controller. Once again, graphics settings reset to default (but haven't actually changed, only in config" after attempting to map the joystick, but when deleting this config file and only ever attempting to map the controller this does not happen.

Whoops, forgot to put the link to my config file! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43744321/KSPDebug/settings.cfg

Edited by thatdude624
forgot to put the link to my config file

I doubt that's the problem. As I said earlier, it's not in a restricted directory like Program Files, and right-click running it as Administrator does not solve the problem either. Furthermore, as I also said earlier, it writes config changes just fine when using the controller, and graphics settings remain persistent on restarts of KSP as long as you don't attempt to map the Joystick.

Writing changes to config still works fine while the Joystick is plugged in (as long as you don't attempt to map it)

I can confirm the file is being written to the moment accept is pressed, and is updated with the correct, relevant information if configurations have been changed.

The only way I could see antivirus being a problem here is if reading the words "Joystick 1" is exceptionally suspicious and must be avoided at all costs by the virus scanner. I doubt it.

Anyway, my computer's running something and as much as I'd love to help fix this problem, rebooting won't be an option for the next hour or so.

It's interesting that textide is having the same problem with his joystick too:

I registered here to report the same issues.

-Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle were working yesterday. Today, the joystick is working, but the Throttle isn't. When I try to adjust the settings and remap the throttle as the primary, no popup appears and the rest of the settings are greyed out. I have to click one of the other options up top and cancel out of settings. In the settings.cfg file everything seems to be mapped properly.

-Above also happens with CH PRO USB PEDALS.

-On game start, I'm asked about sending data, even though that option has been unchecked.

Been using this game error-free for a few days. Only started having this problem this morning.

If you have a gamepad or another joystick, could you try that? And perhaps include your Config file (under "\Kerbal Space Program\settings.cfg")

Thanks for the suggestion sal. While you were posting that, I was able to solve it by deleting (renaming) the settings.cfg file. I had to reset all of the settings, but everything works as it did yesterday.

The only thing that changed before/after the error was the date. May 1st bug? :)

Original settings.cfg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwefoh3fnfpvwei/settings.cfg.old?dl=0

New settings.cfg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrwifn59f4gv5n8/settings.cfg?dl=0

Edited by textide
Added old and new settings.cfg files

I am having the same issue with a thrustmaster warthog.

Selecting Pitch axis 'sometimes' brings up a window, setting my axis work but hitting Accept does nothing and I cannot close the window.

Things I've tried.

- Clean installation

- Deleting settings.cfg

- Rebooting

None of this has worked, but it appears some has worked for others. I dont want to go back to the kb/mouse but I may have to!

Any insight would be great.

I'm having the same issue in OSX KSP 1.0.2 here (on 1.0.1 too, but i can't say about 1.0, because i didn't use ps3 stick)

Never had this before(on early versions work as charm).

I already deleted the settings.cfg, copy from 1.0, from 1.0.1, from .90. (copy the are code related to input)

Clean install.

The thing is, all other buttons of the ps3 controller are working, but the analog axis.

I any of above cases, i try to change (adquire) input axis from it on the game. But it only open the input window but can't recognize the movement on ps3.

while in game, playing, all buttons work, but the axis.

Edited by Climberfx

KSP Version: 1.0.2 build id = 00842 2015.05.01

What Happens:

I can start the game after install and change the graphics settings and map my controls with no problem. I can go and play, and everything functions normally. I then quit using the menus.

Every time I start the game after that, the graphics settings refuse to stick. It's weird because it will load with the saved settings, but when you go to the menu, it's the defaults and unless you change them, it will load them when you hit accept/apply. I've included a post-first run settings and log, and then a post-second run settings and log. For some reason, it forgets everything even though the config file has all the settings I want. It even asks me, again, if I want to submit usage information.

Also, it will then dump my CH Pedal assignment to yaw, showing no mapping. When I click the button to assign it, the window greys but the popup never appears. The other assignment functions work perfectly.

Mods / Add-Ons: None

Steps to Replicate: Start game, change settings, map axes. Quit game and restart. Settings load as saved, but will show default if you go to settings menu and must be changed or will revert on the fly. Also, yaw assignment has cleared. Click assign, and the popup window for assignment never appears.

Fixes/Workarounds: The only work around I've found is to delete the settings config every time and then remap everything.

This is after the first run, setting everything up:

// KSP Game Settings

SETTINGS_FILE_VERSION = 1.0.0
TUTORIALS_EDITOR_ENABLE = False
TUTORIALS_FLIGHT_ENABLE = False
VAB_USE_CLICK_PLACE = True
VAB_USE_ANGLE_SNAP = False
VAB_ANGLE_SNAP_INCLUDE_VERTICAL = False
VAB_CAMERA_ORBIT_SENS = 0.04
VAB_CAMERA_ZOOM_SENS = 0.1
FLT_CAMERA_ORBIT_SENS = 0.04
FLT_CAMERA_ZOOM_SENS = 0.5
FLT_CAMERA_WOBBLE = 0.1
FLT_CAMERA_CHASE_SHARPNESS = 1.5
FLT_CAMERA_CHASE_USEVELOCITYVECTOR = True
FLT_VESSEL_LABELS = True
SPACENAV_CAMERA_SENS_ROT = 30
SPACENAV_CAMERA_SENS_LIN = 20
SPACENAV_CAMERA_SHARPNESS_LIN = 8
SPACENAV_CAMERA_SHARPNESS_ROT = 10
CAMERA_FX_EXTERNAL = 1
CAMERA_FX_INTERNAL = 1
SIMULATE_IN_BACKGROUND = True
PHYSICS_FRAME_DT_LIMIT = 0.03
MAX_VESSELS_BUDGET = -1
CONIC_PATCH_DRAW_MODE = 3
CONIC_PATCH_LIMIT = 3
SHOW_PWARP_WARNING = True
EVA_ROTATE_ON_MOVE = True
SPACENAV_FLIGHT_SENS_ROT = 5
SPACENAV_FLIGHT_SENS_LIN = 1
KERBIN_TIME = True
CALL_HOME = False
DONT_SEND_IP = False
SEND_PROGRESS_DATA = True
CHECK_FOR_UPDATES = True
VERBOSE_DEBUG_LOG = False
SHOW_CONSOLE_ON_ERROR = False
AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL = 300
AUTOSAVE_SHORT_INTERVAL = 30
SHOW_SPACE_CENTER_CREW = True
UI_SIZE = 768
UI_OPACITY = 0.5
SHIP_VOLUME = 0.5
AMBIENCE_VOLUME = 0.5
MUSIC_VOLUME = 0.35
UI_VOLUME = 0.5
VOICE_VOLUME = 0.5
SOUND_NORMALIZER_ENABLED = True
SOUND_NORMALIZER_THRESHOLD = 1
SOUND_NORMALIZER_RESPONSIVENESS = 16
SOUND_NORMALIZER_SKIPSAMPLES = 0
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1920
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 1080
FULLSCREEN = True
QUALITY_PRESET = 5
ANTI_ALIASING = 8
TEXTURE_QUALITY = 0
SYNC_VBL = 1
LIGHT_QUALITY = 64
SHADOWS_QUALITY = 64
FRAMERATE_LIMIT = 120
FALLBACK_PART_SHADERS = False
PLANET_FORCE_SHADER_MODEL_2_0 = False
PLANET_SCATTER = True
PLANET_SCATTER_FACTOR = 1
AERO_FX_QUALITY = 3
SURFACE_FX = True
EDGE_HIGHLIGHTING_PPFX = True
SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE = 0
INPUT_KEYBOARD_SENSIVITITY = 2
dontShowLauncher = False
TRACKIR_ENABLED = False
INPUT_DEVICES
{
CH PRO PEDALS USB = 4
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog = 3
Joystick - HOTAS Warthog = 2
F16 MFD 1 = 1
F16 MFD 2 = 0
}
PITCH_DOWN
{
primary = W
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
PITCH_UP
{
primary = S
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
YAW_LEFT
{
primary = A
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
YAW_RIGHT
{
primary = D
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
ROLL_LEFT
{
primary = Q
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
ROLL_RIGHT
{
primary = E
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
THROTTLE_UP
{
primary = LeftShift
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
THROTTLE_DOWN
{
primary = LeftControl
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SAS_HOLD
{
primary = F
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SAS_TOGGLE
{
primary = T
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
LAUNCH_STAGES
{
primary = Space
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Docking_toggleRotLin
{
primary = Space
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 6
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_MODE
{
primary = C
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_NEXT
{
primary = V
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
PAUSE
{
primary = Escape
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
PRECISION_CTRL
{
primary = CapsLock
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
ZOOM_IN
{
primary = KeypadPlus
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
ZOOM_OUT
{
primary = KeypadMinus
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SCROLL_VIEW_UP
{
primary = PageUp
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SCROLL_VIEW_DOWN
{
primary = PageDown
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SCROLL_ICONS_UP
{
primary = Home
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
SCROLL_ICONS_DOWN
{
primary = End
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_ORBIT_UP
{
primary = UpArrow
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_ORBIT_DOWN
{
primary = DownArrow
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_ORBIT_LEFT
{
primary = LeftArrow
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_ORBIT_RIGHT
{
primary = RightArrow
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CAMERA_RESET
{
primary = Backspace
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TIME_WARP_INCREASE
{
primary = Period
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TIME_WARP_DECREASE
{
primary = Comma
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
MAP_VIEW_TOGGLE
{
primary = M
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
UIMODE_STAGING
{
primary = Insert
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
UIMODE_DOCKING
{
primary = Delete
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TRANSLATE_DOWN
{
primary = I
secondary = W
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 2
}
TRANSLATE_UP
{
primary = K
secondary = S
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 2
}
TRANSLATE_LEFT
{
primary = J
secondary = A
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 2
}
TRANSLATE_RIGHT
{
primary = L
secondary = D
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 2
}
TRANSLATE_FWD
{
primary = H
secondary = LeftShift
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 6
}
TRANSLATE_BACK
{
primary = N
secondary = LeftControl
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = 6
}
RCS_TOGGLE
{
primary = R
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
FOCUS_NEXT_VESSEL
{
primary = RightBracket
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
FOCUS_PREV_VESSEL
{
primary = LeftBracket
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_UI
{
primary = F2
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_STATUS_SCREEN
{
primary = F3
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TAKE_SCREENSHOT
{
primary = F1
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_LABELS
{
primary = F4
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_TEMP_GAUGES
{
primary = F10
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_TEMP_OVERLAY
{
primary = F11
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_FLIGHT_FORCES
{
primary = F12
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
QUICKSAVE
{
primary = F5
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
QUICKLOAD
{
primary = F9
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
THROTTLE_CUTOFF
{
primary = X
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
THROTTLE_FULL
{
primary = Z
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
LANDING_GEAR
{
primary = G
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
HEADLIGHT_TOGGLE
{
primary = U
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
BRAKES
{
primary = B
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_SPACENAV_FLIGHT_CONTROL
{
primary = ScrollLock
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TOGGLE_SPACENAV_ROLL_LOCK
{
primary = None
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
WHEEL_STEER_LEFT
{
primary = A
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
WHEEL_STEER_RIGHT
{
primary = D
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
WHEEL_THROTTLE_DOWN
{
primary = S
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
WHEEL_THROTTLE_UP
{
primary = W
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = 5
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_forward
{
primary = W
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_back
{
primary = S
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_left
{
primary = A
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_right
{
primary = D
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_yaw_left
{
primary = Q
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_yaw_right
{
primary = E
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_forward
{
primary = W
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_back
{
primary = S
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_left
{
primary = A
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_right
{
primary = D
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_up
{
primary = LeftShift
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Pack_down
{
primary = LeftControl
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Jump
{
primary = Space
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Run
{
primary = LeftShift
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_ToggleMovementMode
{
primary = LeftAlt
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_TogglePack
{
primary = R
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Use
{
primary = F
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Board
{
primary = B
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Orient
{
primary = Space
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
EVA_Lights
{
primary = L
secondary = None
group = 268435456
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_pitchUp
{
primary = S
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_pitchDown
{
primary = W
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_yawLeft
{
primary = A
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_yawRight
{
primary = D
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_rollLeft
{
primary = Q
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_rollRight
{
primary = E
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_resetRotation
{
primary = Space
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_modePlace
{
primary = Alpha1
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_modeOffset
{
primary = Alpha2
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_modeRotate
{
primary = Alpha3
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_modeRoot
{
primary = Alpha4
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_coordSystem
{
primary = F
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_toggleSymMethod
{
primary = R
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_toggleSymMode
{
primary = X
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_toggleAngleSnap
{
primary = C
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
Editor_fineTweak
{
primary = LeftShift
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
AXIS_PITCH
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
axis = 1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = 7
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_ROLL
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
axis = 0
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = 7
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_YAW
{
PRIMARY
{
name = CH PRO PEDALS USB
axis = 2
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = 7
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_THROTTLE
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
axis = 2
inv = True
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = 7
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_THROTTLE_INC
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_CAMERA_HDG
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_CAMERA_PITCH
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_TRANSLATE_X
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_TRANSLATE_Y
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_TRANSLATE_Z
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_WHEEL_STEER
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_WHEEL_THROTTLE
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_translate_x
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_translate_y
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_translate_z
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_pitch
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_yaw
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
axis_EVA_roll
{
PRIMARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL
{
PRIMARY
{
name = Mouse ScrollWheel
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
SECONDARY
{
name = None
axis = -1
inv = False
sensitivity = 1
deadzone = 0.05
scale = 1
group = 0
modeMask = -1
}
}
MODIFIER_KEY
{
primary = LeftAlt
secondary = RightAlt
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
AbortActionGroup
{
primary = Backspace
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup1
{
primary = Alpha1
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup2
{
primary = Alpha2
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup3
{
primary = Alpha3
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup4
{
primary = Alpha4
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup5
{
primary = Alpha5
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup6
{
primary = Alpha6
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup7
{
primary = Alpha7
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup8
{
primary = Alpha8
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup9
{
primary = Alpha9
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
CustomActionGroup10
{
primary = Alpha0
secondary = None
group = 0
modeMask = -1
modeMaskSec = -1
}
TRACKIR
{
activeFlight = True
activeIVA = True
activeEVA = True
activeMap = True
activeKSC = True
activeTrackingStation = True
activeEditors = True
LinX
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
LinY
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
LinZ
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
Pitch
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
Yaw
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
Roll
{
upperClamp = 1
lowerClamp = -1
factor = 0.0001
}
}
TERRAIN
{
preset = High
version = 1.0.2
PRESET
{
name = Low
PLANET
{
name = Kerbin
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = KerbinOcean
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Mun
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Minmus
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 5
}
PLANET
{
name = Bop
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 5
}
PLANET
{
name = Duna
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Eve
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = EveOcean
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Gilly
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 5
}
PLANET
{
name = Ike
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Laythe
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = LaytheOcean
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Moho
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Tylo
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Vall
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Dres
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Pol
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Eeloo
minDistance = 4
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
}
PRESET
{
name = Default
PLANET
{
name = Kerbin
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = KerbinOcean
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Mun
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Minmus
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Bop
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Duna
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Eve
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = EveOcean
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Gilly
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Ike
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Laythe
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = LaytheOcean
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Moho
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Tylo
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Vall
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Dres
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Pol
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
PLANET
{
name = Eeloo
minDistance = 6
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 8
}
}
PRESET
{
name = High
PLANET
{
name = Kerbin
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 10
}
PLANET
{
name = KerbinOcean
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Mun
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Minmus
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Bop
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 6
}
PLANET
{
name = Duna
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Eve
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 10
}
PLANET
{
name = EveOcean
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Gilly
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Ike
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Laythe
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 10
}
PLANET
{
name = LaytheOcean
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 7
}
PLANET
{
name = Moho
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Tylo
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Vall
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Dres
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Pol
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
PLANET
{
name = Eeloo
minDistance = 8
minSubdivision = 1
maxSubdivision = 9
}
}
}

I had very similar problems with KSP 1.0 and tried everything ocyrus did. also nothing helped. BUT then I deleted settings.cfg and plugged my gamepad in a different USB-port and everything was finel

Are you using Target software? I noticed that if i dont use TARGET the axis' work, but my throttle buttons dont.

If i setup TARGET my throttle buttons work, but my axis' doesnt.

Same issue here with Xbox360 controller. Did clean install of KSP for 1.0.

Following up on some of the suggestions here, I changed Xbox360 receiver usb port. Hey presto, now it works! I didn't have to delete settings.

Yeah, it picks up the gamepad BUT settings goes wonky when you try to "accept". I had to delete (rename) the 1.00 cfg and the new one created worked OK. 1st time that is. 2nd time the settings file gets apparently reset with everything including game and graphics option reset to default.

A bug is a bug is a bug.

Edited by barleyman

I went back and deleted the settings.cfg once more. Now I had Xbox controller plugged in and active from the start for what it's worth. I was able to set all the axes OK and the settings stick too. Only I did pretty much the same thing on previous settings file and got self-resetting settings and couldn't allocate axes. Weird.

I did it step by step copying my settings file along the way to figure out where it goes wrong but typical demo effect kicked in and it works perfectly now. Meh.

Aaand some more experimentation. The Xbox 360 gamepad has to be awake when you start KSP, otherwise assigning axes will work for 1st time and then the setting screen will malfunction. Also the axes are assigned to "joystick 0" (or some other number) instead of the Xbox 360 wir. you see otherwise. I didn't manage to reproduce the setting file corruption/reset thought. I did testing with renaming the settings file so a fresh settings was generated.

It's actually pretty easy to run into this problem because the gamepad is wireless and goes to sleep automatically. KSP does not scan for controllers except once on startup as far as I can tell. Adding a "rescan controllers" button to the input tab would go a long way to help on this one.

i'm having problems with my CH Products Fighterstick. I can map the pitch and yaw to the axis and it maps correctly, but in game it won't do anything. All of the mapped buttons on the joystick work fine. I also have a CH Products Pro Throttle. It maps with no issues, and everything on it works correclty. I am using these in Direct Mode and not Mapped Mode.

The joystick is:

Control Manager ID #00 Axis 0 (mapped to yaw) doesn't work

Control Manager ID #00 Axis 1 (mapped to pitch) doesn't work.

the throttle is

Control Manager ID #00 Axis 2 (mapped to throttle, inverted) works

One thing I noticed is that when mapping it, it has the "Axis #" on the end, but if I go into the settings.cfg file afterwards, it just says "Control Manager ID #00". The axis is on the next line in the form of "axis = #". I tried adding "Axis = 1" to the end of the settings.cfg line for the name, saving it, and going in game, but no change.

Same Problem, tried deleting the settings.cfg file, no luck. I tried moving my joystick continuously as Kerbal boots to see if it would register if "awake", nothing. Can't click accept, second time I try it freezes the game.

Using Logitech G940

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.