Camera Shake - Do you use it?

Merinsan

Do you use Camera Shake?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Camera Shake?

When I first heard of the camera shake, I thought it'd be a cool effect.

The very first time I experienced it, I turned it off, because it was very annoying, and slightly nauseating.

So, does anyone use it?

Had it on for a while. It's fun on a launch...Then I realized the constant shaking was literally giving me a headache. Also, I was trying to compensate for it, because it really does look like the craft is wobbling around, rather than the camera.

Still have it on for IVA, which is really where it belongs.

Honestly, I keep the IVA shaking up all the way, but I still needed that external camera shake, so I just turned it down without turning it off. 0.5 is good to be non-intrusive during launch, but totally prevelant during high-g maneuvers like Re-Entry

yeah same thoughts on it as you guys; it was cool to start with, then nauseating so I turned it off (but still have it for IVA). It would be quite cool if it was just there while in low atmo and just when experiencing really high Gs.

It's cool and adds a little more immersion, but I prefer the original mod. The mod would determine shaking based on what engines you were using and whether you were reentering, and some other conditions, which made planes a lot easier to fly.

yeah same thoughts on it as you guys; it was cool to start with, then nauseating so I turned it off (but still have it for IVA). It would be quite cool if it was just there while in low atmo and just when experiencing really high Gs.

Exactly what I was thinking. It makes sense when you're launching with a ton of Mainsails or Kerbodyne's engines, travelling at Mach 2 with turbojet engines, crashing into the surface(and buildings), or suffering re-entry. Doesn't make much though outside of these circumstances.

Nevertheless, I like it, so I toned it down to 0.7.

I like it, especially during re-entry, and it makes atmospheric flight a little more interesting. The only problem is that it kind of gets in the way when attempting to line up with the runway.

I absolutely love it.

Make a plane that uses SRBs to take off and you'll see why. :sticktongue:

But seriously, like others have said, pulling High G's in a plane is awesome now, and fast launches look cool too. (now, I wonder if the shake could be incorporated into CameraTools, to make it seem like the ground is shaking while a rocket is first launching. )

I personally enjoy it. It creates a new level of immersion in the game for me. My favorite part of it is the bumps you get when driving or taking off, especially the taking off part. It feels like I'm taking off in a real plane. IT'S AWESOME!

I also find that the shake isn't a concern during takeoff if you keep you speed at low Gs.

I dig it for launches, but when I'm doing orbital maneuvers it makes me super nervous that I'm about to lose control. At the default setting, it looks remarkably similar to the twitching spasms that happen when you've got a physics-enabled part clipped into something. (Had a probe shake itself to pieces on the launchpad until I noticed my mystery goo containers were clipped into the top of my service bay.)

Max settings on IVA and half on external cam sounds like a great idea, though! I'll be trying that out tonight for sure.

I thought it was entertaining... for about thirty seconds. It's now permanently turned off. Two sliders? Huh? Where's the "toggle" we asked for? :-)

Seriously, I can see why some people might like it, so it is likely a fine addition to the interface, but still.. I would have rather had more IVA activities and cabin control options - something for mental immersion not just overloading my visual.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.