Eve mobile research station

Zipmafia

I just recently landed a mobile research station on Eve with 2 kerbals in it after receiving a mission to do so. Now I have unlimited science, seriously. I gathered a bunch of data in orbit, and flying, and I have almost much maxed out my science tree just processing that data! I haven't even began to start processing the ground data. So as I see it, I now have a sandbox game with missions. Not sure how I feel about this.

I guess that's true, but I have maxed out the science tree. I have no more need for science, therfor I have to need for funds, or reputation. Basically I just beat the game and turned it into a sandbox mode.

Congrats, you beat the "unlock the tree" game! Now you can try to make new objectives for yourself, like "max out a few pilots", or "max out all the buildings" (you may already have that one). Or "make a million roots", or the usual sandbox goals like "land on every planet".

I really like the new science lab function, as it encourages actually using the labs. That said, they need some work. Not being able to choose which lab processes which sample on a ship is annoying. Many samples are worth more data than a lab can even hold too.

Balance is also a major issue. Currently every lab can gain data from any source, even those already studied by other labs. I can gain data from Kerbin, flying over kerbin, high kerbin atmosphere, LKO, HKO, solar orbit, and orbiting my destination before actually landing.. For every lab I send out. My LKO lab, orbital mun/minmus labs, and surface mun/minmus labs can fill my entire tree several times over without even touching surface data.

I just recently landed a mobile research station on Eve with 2 kerbals in it after receiving a mission to do so. Now I have unlimited science, seriously. I gathered a bunch of data in orbit, and flying, and I have almost much maxed out my science tree just processing that data! I haven't even began to start processing the ground data. So as I see it, I now have a sandbox game with missions. Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm curious to know if you were on hard mode, or easy, or somewhere in between?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.