Why my rocket lost stability?

Right at one minute, after decoupling, you tilt over too far while still in the atmosphere. Try to stay inside the yellow heading indicator until you're higher, at least in the third atmosphere band, otherwise aerodynamic loads will tip your rocket over.

In other words, it should work fine, as long as you turn more gradually until you're outside most of the atmosphere.

You added half a ton of mass to your finely tuned ship...

Right at the tip of the rocket...

And expected to it to preform as usual?

You right my mistake, the new 1.0

Right at one minute, after decoupling, you tilt over too far while still in the atmosphere. Try to stay inside the yellow heading indicator until you're higher, at least in the third atmosphere band, otherwise aerodynamic loads will tip your rocket over.

does not forgive any mistakes, especially the new aerodynamic model.

In other words, it should work fine, as long as you turn more gradually until you're outside most of the atmosphere.

Thanks's i'll try it.

A few things I noticed right off the bat:

#1) Early in the flight you're accelerating at between 2-3 G and wind up going way too fast in the lower atmosphere putting a lot of aerodynamic loading on the vehicle. I know TWR 2:1 used to be gold standard for stockaero but for FAR you needed to be closer to 1.3:1 or less so you can probably eliminate most; if not all of those radial engines. I assume this is close to true in NuStock as well (at least it has been working for me so far).

#1b) Speaking of the radial engines; those are the only things keeping the rocket from toppling over earlier because they're creating a large amount of drag behind the center of gravity (which has a stabilizing effect on the whole rocket). As soon as you stage them off you lose that stability thus the rocket wants to flip end-over-end.

#1c) Somewhat related; the materials lab is very, very light for its size. I suspect it pushed the center of drag in front of the center of mass as a result which is why it worked for you the first attempt and not the second.

#2) As someone said already, you need to keep the nose pointed close to the prograde marker on the navball so your turn will have to start sooner and be more gradual. This is especially true with non-gimballing engines like the LV-30T (or if you're a cheap ....... like me, SRBs).

Good luck with your future flights!

Edited by WafflesToo

A few things I noticed right off the bat:

#1) Early in the flight you're accelerating at between 2-3 G and wind up going way too fast in the lower atmosphere putting a lot of aerodynamic loading on the vehicle. I know TWR 2:1 used to be gold standard for stockaero but for FAR you needed to be closer to 1.3:1 or less so you can probably eliminate most; if not all of those radial engines. I assume this is close to true in NuStock as well (at least it has been working for me so far).

#1b) Speaking of the radial engines; those are the only things keeping the rocket from toppling over earlier because they're creating a large amount of drag behind the center of gravity (which has a stabilizing effect on the whole rocket). As soon as you stage them off you lose that stability thus the rocket wants to flip end-over-end.

#1c) Somewhat related; the materials lab is very, very light for its size. I suspect it pushed the center of drag in front of the center of mass as a result which is why it worked for you the first attempt and not the second.

#2) As someone said already, you need to keep the nose pointed close to the prograde marker on the navball so your turn will have to start sooner and be more gradual. This is especially true with non-gimballing engines like the LV-30T (or if you're a cheap ....... like me, SRBs).

Good luck with your future flights!

I used the radial engines because without them i couldn't achieve orbit at all, and i saw such thing in old Atlas launch nasa videos :-)

now i collected science but doesn't reach orbit :), but i get fulfilled the contract spec :(

in the end of my video i recorded my tech tree now i have 56 and wondering with tech node i should unlock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.