So what's next?

HavinAlmassi

Oooh I would like that. Of course many would be screaming murder. A mob with torches and pitchforks will make it's way to Mexico City. Treason!

But it would be a good way to keep ongoing development funded. You'd want an expansion pack to not interfere with the regular game, so maybe:

• Extra planets
  • Extra bases to launch from (Mun, Minmus, outer planets?)
  • Easter Eggs
  • Cities and landmarks
  • Contract/Mission/Career packs

Oooh I would like that. Of course many would be screaming murder. A mob with torches and pitchforks will make it's way to Mexico City. Treason!

But it would be a good way to keep ongoing development funded. You'd want an expansion pack to not interfere with the regular game, so maybe:

• Extra planets
  • Easter Eggs
  • Cities and landmarks

Many of these are preempted by mods.

EDIT: Also, none of those are expansions pack worthy, they are DLC if they are broken up. Again, destroyed by mods. also it annoys players to get their game peicemeal ( or at least me)

Edited by Kerr_

• Extra planets
  • Easter Eggs
  • Cities and landmarks

well i cant see them making extra planets into DLC because then it would break MP- anything they do as DLC/Expansion must be invisible to multiplayer as to keep the community as unified as possible

I kind of hope 1.1 is mostly a quality-of-life update. There are a lot of small features they could implement that would make the experience much better. For example, key bindings for common actions at the Space Center like rejecting/canceling contracts, the ability to specify contracts that you don't want to see pop up (by type and location both), a fix for the problem where action groups do not respect symmetry when parent parts are moved... Little things like that would really make things easier on the player. I would think a little flashing "check here first" arrow over Mission Control the first time you start up a Career mode file would be a helpful addition for newer players too; that sucker's tiny for something so essential!

I assume the main thing the next one will bring, is unity 5 conversion.

Though what I'd like to see worked on is some propper ground exploration tools. It would be awesome if the kerbals could hop on a rover, drive about, and start loging all the notible geological features of a landing site, rather than anding, quickly running a few experiments, then doing nothing untill it's time to leave.

That, and maybe and overhaul of the sceince system, something where you get to actually record some data, and start to build up a picture of each world, (and space itself), rather than just scoritng points. Ideally, this would be fully funtional in sandbox, so we can have the fun experiance without the grind.

They mentioned it in one of their live streams a long time ago. I remember it made quite a fuss. They wanted to make the resource system that was initially planned an ep.

edit: also, in the link you posted maxmaps specifically says squad likes expansions...

Well I hope they add more to the game. A greater variety of parts. I cant play without mods anymore myself. Kis/kas, space-y, if robotics, science alert, engineer, ksprc, alarm clock, and a couple of others u have recently discovered. That's where I hope ksp ends up, they add so much more to the game. After they polish it up and add features such as those, then, add more solar systems & planets, and near future parts to help us get there. Also, 64x. That's my two cents anyway.

They mentioned it in one of their live streams a long time ago. I remember it made quite a fuss. They wanted to make the resource system that was initially planned an ep.

Ah, THAT's what you're basing this on. That's taking separate issues and tangling them up together. The resource system that they were talking about was originally planned for 0.19, they didn't like the way it worked, so they canned it. There was no "Hey, good idea, let's sell this separately!" talk.

As for the fuss, the fuss was about them mentioning DLC and people going orbital because they bought the whole game and never wanted to pay for anything else. As to why they'd mention DLC, 0.23.5 was originally intended to be free DLC, but it updated too much of the game so they had to integrate it into the game. HarvestR was talking of a hypothetical situation, not any plans they had.

The only things these two things had in common was that they were both announced at a big online event (three days of streaming) and both created a big stir in the community.

They've already talked about the fact that they're planning what's going into 1.1, and yes, Unity 5 is on the tentative list. I can't definitively say that there will be a 1.2, but I'd be quite surprised if there's not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.