Sign in to follow this  
Lukaszenko

Loading too fast

Question

I just updated to 1.0.2 and it seems to load about 3-4x faster, no kidding, than 1.0. Wth I had this whole ritual set up checking my web pages and whatnot while it was loading and that's all gone now :confused: Am I the only one experiencing this? Did I install 1.0 wrong or something?

21 answers to this question

Is... That a bad thing? I love fast loading times! In fact, I better test it right now, one moment.

EDIT: Huh, it may be loading a little faster for me but not by much. Never brought out the timer to check :P

But still, I don't think you installed anything wrong at all. I see it as a benefit rather than a detriment.

Edited by Maximus97

I just updated to 1.0.2 and it seems to load about 3-4x faster, no kidding, than 1.0. Wth I had this whole ritual set up checking my web pages and whatnot while it was loading and that's all gone now :confused: Am I the only one experiencing this? Did I install 1.0 wrong or something?

This is the best "complaint thread" I've seen so far.

This is the best "complaint thread" I've seen so far.

Yeah... Hoping it's a case of trolling, but still XD

I also suffer from this. The intro music keeps surprising me while I'm viewing the forums.

Hey, man, gotta go fast! *cue MLG soundboard* (Man, those things are dumb...)

This is KSP, you go KILOMETERS per SECOND in this game, a fast loading time makes sense. and you can't really go too​ fast...

Yeah... Hoping it's a case of trolling, but still XD

I don't think it was trolling, I think it was a very tounge-in-cheek "good job Squad" comment. Yes, I too am enjoying the new load times.

That reminds me, I need to go and make tea, since the game no longer provides an adequate tea making interval on start. ;)

Yeah, it's like you just start the game, then, like a good gamer, minimize it and go surf some sites, and then you can't even read to the end before music starts playing!

Very disappointed in Squad, all the old rituals aren't viable anymore... :/

It's definitely faster now. Mine's still pretty slow but considering the old two-minute-long wait... fantastic job, guys! :D

Not sarcastic

Wth I had this whole ritual set up checking my web pages and whatnot while it was loading and that's all gone now :confused:

Alright for some - I used to make myself some dinner while KSP was loading. Since 1.0 dropped, I haven't eaten for days because my dinner-prep time doesn't exist any more :(

I love the load speed, it's so much better.... and now we can spam 100s of mods without waiting a billion years to load.

It's been hard braking the habit of browsing the forums for five minutes while loading KSP...

Squad, I demand you un-nerf the load times. All my previous designs are completely unviable and flip out all over the place as soon as the music comes on.

If you just did a full install chances is the game data packages already cached to the RAM, loading most of the game data from RAM is faster then on mechanical drive. Not sure if compare to SSD though.

Edited by TokiTech
missing word

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about going from .90 to 1.0

I saw a slight speed-up there but still had adequate time to go browse some forums or take a quick nap.

I'm talking about going from 1.0 to 1.0.2

That was supposed to be a few quick bug fixes, not the gaming equivalent of a nitrous kit (at least in regard to loading times).

Just quite shocked about the whole thing. Don't really know what to do with myself, but I guess I'll just have to roll with it :)

i fail to understand why someone things fast loading is a BAD THING?

Unless ofc i didnt get that this is some sort of joke/sarcasm thread......

Unless ofc i didnt get that this is some sort of joke/sarcasm thread......

It is. Faster load times are a definite plus.

If you just did a full install chances is the game data packages already cached to the RAM, loading most of the game data from RAM is faster then on mechanical drive. Not sure if compare to SSD though.

How does that make any sense? RAM is isolated between programs, and freed once the program is terminated.

Had a initial download bug for 1.0 where no assets were downloaded, it loaded in less than 3 seconds. Was impressed...then not so much.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, only takes 11 seconds still now. Great work.

Edited by Linear

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.