Please do NOT rush 1.1!

I don't see why at this stage Harvester and the rest of the KSP team can't just relax and go vacation on a beach somewhere. They're not in any obligation to produce any more versions (I suppose bugfixing and optimizing is something they would do for free, unlike EA) but I fear the unshielded rage that will come out of this community when they dare to start producing DLCs & EPs. 1.1 might not even be a thing, but some Advanced Power Production DLC or Space Race Expansion Pack.

I'd have to say that's a bad idea. Win64 was "optional", and caused huge problems for modders. Porting to a new engine version is not something that should be rushed.

This. Unity 5 is the best chance Squad will have for a long time to actually implement a quality 64 bit client. One that becomes the standard instead of the exception. It must not be rushed for any reason.

• 3 months later...

I think squad rushed 1.0 ive noticed more bugs in 1.0 than in any other version. They only spent 1 update in beta, and seemed to rush it to slap more money on the price tag and get front on the steam page. The most annoying bug which has completely halted my career mode is rover wheels and brakes on them being 1/10 as powerful as they should be which they still havent fixed.

It's been a pretty long time since 1.0 came out, and the U5 update hasn't even gotten in the hands of the Q&A testers yet. And it's a good thing ! I'm pretty sure that this couldn't be called a "rush"... 1.0, now, that was some rushed update, not because of subjective changes, but because of objectively bugged content and features deleted in extremis (*cough* heat gauge memory leak *cough* fairing base mass *cough* the barn is gone *cough* assymetric burnouts still around *cough*).

I don't think that U5 will be rushed like 1.0 was. I trust the devteam ! :D

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty, I agree with the OP. The 1.0 launch was rushed, no doubt because of the massive hype train that was roaring down the tracks toward Squad HQ, with enough kerbals to crash KSP (

). Developing 1.1 should be slowed down and all the features worked on. Personally, I would like the small landing gear to be updated to match the style of the other, newer twin and bogey gears.

I wouldn't count on it...

As far as I can tell, 1.0.x was exactly that - obvious profit motivation.

I'll wait and see, but I'm running pretty short on faith in this dev team.

How about: Please do not rush 1.1, just to make a quick buck like you did for 1.0. Instead, rush 1.0.5 to fix the bugs you introduced in the last couple of "patches".

Then take your time making the real "release quality" version, sans price hike and console port nonsense.

I have nothing against consoles, but let's try getting it to work properly on the existing platforms first, no?

Edited by steve_v
too much 'at'

It's been a pretty long time since 1.0 came out, and the U5 update hasn't even gotten in the hands of the Q&A testers yet. And it's a good thing ! I'm pretty sure that this couldn't be called a "rush"... 1.0, now, that was some rushed update, not because of subjective changes, but because of objectively bugged content and features deleted in extremis (*cough* heat gauge memory leak *cough* fairing base mass *cough* the barn is gone *cough* assymetric burnouts still around *cough*).

I don't think that U5 will be rushed like 1.0 was. I trust the devteam ! :D

Honestly, the wait for 1.0 seemed faster than the wait for 0.90 and 1.1, the latter not even being in Experimentals yet.

*just passing by, but ...*

seriously who care about 1.1 ... it's already all about 1.2 and 1.3 ... ralalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala ...

*out & throwing some popcorn and chips all around ...*

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Squad needs to increase the tempo of the releases, while simultaneously not rushing 'em.

I recommend laying on the cat'o'nine until productivity improves. Keep in mind that software development motivational and quality enforcement procedure is specifically excluded from OHSA.

:P

The very fact that hotfix came days later says it is fine, it means they identified the outlying problems quickly. Most of that laundry list was balancing tweaks. As I recall, Blizzard pushed out balance tweaks for StarCraft for over a decade, and that was one of the most popular games to ever exist.

ew StarCrap. They basically mainstreamed thoughtless twitch-play for RTSes, killed a whole era..

(also popularity isn't a measure of quality.. otherwise Tetris is the best game ever and Squad should simply drop KSP as it will never come close to that many sales)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.