Rules Addendum 16MAY2012

RayneCloud

Should you make it against the rules to post anything at all asking about release dates? Although much harsher than just banning topics about it, it will quickly show people you mean business... and will hopefully stop people from asking about it...

Or not, I dunno. Hard to say, but I can\'t help but feel something like that will be necessary in future, if not right now.

Don\'t you have to read and agree to the rules before making a account?

Not that I didnt read the rules, but its called scroll to the bottom and hit accept. Im sure everyones done it on thouse long copyright and end user agreements.

I think you worded it perfectly.

However, you should definitely think about things before reprimanding. For example if a topic name is 'A Word about Release Dates' you can\'t say 'RELEASE DATES BANNED' or anything like that. I\'ll bet that person was actually writing a very well-written proposition on the subject and how it can be improved.

I think you worded it perfectly.

However, you should definitely think about things before reprimanding. For example if a topic name is 'A Word about Release Dates' you can\'t say 'RELEASE DATES BANNED' or anything like that. I\'ll bet that person was actually writing a very well-written proposition on the subject and how it can be improved.

I have seen some entries similiar to that - new people who are just curious and (not demanding) but are looking for help and answers.

...although... that is a lot of people, and for moderators to do that for every single person hundreds of times over... that is when there is an issue.

Then again, stickies should do the trick.

'You can get much farther with a sticky topic kind word and a banhammer gun than you can with a sticky topic kind word alone.' (KSP Forum Mod Team Al Capone)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Everyone asking just need to stop and recall for a moment \'\'What usually happens to games that get rushed?\'\' :)

*Gets out list*

Mass Effect 3 (needed 12 more months).

Ultima IX (Constant restarts do this).

The Saboteur (Should I stop doing EA games?).

In general, I think this rule is a good idea. Inforced too strictly and you get a annoyed fanbase. Inforced too lightly and you get nowhere.

*Gets out list*

Mass Effect 3 (needed 12 more months).

Ultima IX (Constant restarts do this).

The Saboteur (Should I stop doing EA games?).

In general, I think this rule is a good idea. Inforced too strictly and you get a annoyed fanbase. Inforced too lightly and you get nowhere.

Oh yeah add Minecraft 1.8 into there.

The fan base rushed that completely.

OT:

This actually is a good rule, also, what should be added to the rule is the 'When are planets coming?' questions.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Oh yeah add Minecraft 1.8 into there.

The fan base rushed that completely.

OT:

This actually is a good rule, also, what should be added to the rule is the 'When are planets coming?' questions.

I know plenty more games.

Minecraft 1.8

Cliffs of dover

Silent Hunter 5

Saint Row 2 PC port (the Xbox and Playstations ones are fine, but the PC one is horrible)

But I just wanted to do EA game titles. Also, that rule would be a good idea (mostly because everyone is tired of those questions).

Rushed games are always bad, but non-rushed gamed are not always good. TF2 and HL3(presumably)were good games that took really long to develop, but now they\'re really good. Duke Nukem Forever, however...

A short ban won\'t kill anyone.

An example:

I found out about KSP on the facepunch forums; it\'s a huge community where some rules are very strict (e.g. posting nothing but an image as a reply is bannable) and mods shoot from the hip. It\'s strange - I\'m no fan of strict rules at all, one reason why I left Germany to live on the Canary Islands. However, I must say it keeps the place tidy and good to read. And there are literally hundreds of funny and/or informative threads, with the great majority of them being both well-worded and humorous. The same goes for posts in threads.

Another solution would be limiting the first 10 posts to certain sections.

Like you can\'t post a comment in the development section without having 10 posts in other sections. That will at least prevent a small group of posting \'when new update???\' as their first comment.