[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

mxwrA6D.png

Latest%20Version-2.3.9-red.svgKSP%20Version-1.0.4-orange.svgRelease%20Date-28%2F6%2F2015-yellow.svgCKAN-Not%20Indexed-green.svg

Compatibility-4-blue.svgCollaborators-3-blue.svg

FRO6RIX.png

From now on, development will continue here, on THIS thread, as Kerbol Origins

Github Page

Welcome to Kerbol Plus (K+), an expansion to the stock solar system. K+ aims to expand the Kerbol system by adding new planets and dwarf planets, all inspired by old developer plans that never got implemented (for now). As of the current release K+ adds one gas giant with 8 moons, 6 new dwarf planets and a giant rocky planet with 4 moons as well as a comet with working particle trail, increasing the challenge and the fun of KSP.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshots

Javascript is disabled. View full album

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Keep in mind that this image of Keelon's new EVE clouds isn't the final product!

L9A5PJB.png

Mod spotlight by KottabosGames

[

Let's meet the new celestial bodies!

Faz - This is the second moon of Eve, designed after Nova Silisko's (former squad employee responsible with planets) original plans for a second moon of Eve. The original moon he developed, had huge crystals that causd bugs that rendered the moon as unplayable. Currently, me and KillAshley plan on adding those crystals on our new revived Faz, after Kopernicus, the API K+ uses, will be updated to allow custom ground scatter models.

Harvest - This asteroid was also a forgotten body Nova Silisko created back in the old days, but it was never implemented, like Faz, because of bugs, that, however came in the form of terrain glitches. It was rich in hilly terrain and had extensive canyons that exist in K+'s Remade version. Harvest's terrain was later updated and used as base terrain for Tylo.

Vix - This is the new moon of Duna, deformed by a huge crater, added because we felt like the Dunian system was too barren. In order to fix the "Ike Encounter" sindrom when plotting Duna intercept courses, Ike was also moved outwards.

Sarvin - The legendary ringed Gas Planet 2 also originally developed by Nova Silisko that never got released. Our Sarvin has 4 moons and 4 captured asteroids. Potatus, Daphy and Fonso are original names of the GP2 created by Nova Silisko. After extensive searching, me and KillAshley have found posts where Nova talked about how the three moons should have looked, thought he didn't release any picture. And so, Potatus, the oblate moon, Daphy, the moon with deep canyons crossing ice plains made of fluff, and Fonso, the moon with mountains that extend beyond it's thin atmosphere were born.

Potatus - Moon of Sarvin, it has an oblate shape caused by tidal forces generated by the relation between Sarvin's huge gravitational pull and Potatus' esscentric orbit, as well as a huge cryovolcano spewing ice particles and blue unknown cool gas (pun intended) that is thought to form Sarvin's rings.

Fonso - The legendary moon of extreme Kerbal sports, it is covered in extreme mountains that extend above it's thin atmosphere. You can practically climb a mountain to the top and reach orbit with no DeltaV!

Daphy - In it's past, this moon was covered in fluff, but recently, it's surface started to crack due to unknown gravitational anomalies probably generated by the same tidal forces that made Potatus oblate.

Shayle - This moon was actually not an official moon of the Gas Planet 2 designed by Nova Silisko, but one we felt it needed to be added. And so, Shayle, the cratery moon damaged in the early "Great Bombardment" period was born.

S-1, S-2, S-3 and S-4 are all cloned asteroid moonlets captured by Sarvin's gravity and the only things different between them, are the orbital characteristics and color.

Keelon - This huge planet was referred by Nova Silisko as Gas Planet 3, but later repuposed as a a giant rocky dessert planet with a gravity and atmospheric pressure that makes it even harder to land on than Eve. It is circled by 4 moons.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Compatible mods:

Environmental Visual Enhancements - Download WIP cloud config

Distant Object Enhancement

Planet Shyne

Karbonite / USI mods

Crew:

Amarius1-configs%20and%20fun%20implementations-red.svg

Olympic1-cool%20things%20and%20science%20intergration-red.svg

The White Guardian-Environmental%20Visual%20Enhancements%20Intergration-red.svg

ProjectPluto-chief%20tester-red.svg

Thank you to former developer KillAshley for textures and config fixes! U dah best bro! ;.;

Thanks%20To-Thomas%20P.-blue.svg

​Thanks%20To-%E2%80%8BNathanKell-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-Yukon0009-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-CaptRobau-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-Eudae55-blue.svg

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instalation:

1. Download.

2. Merge the downloaded GameData with your current one.

3. Profit!

How to install if you have troubles with memory usage:

1. Download and install.

2. Choose what parts of the mod you want by deleting the unwanted content located in the "KerbolPlus" folder. (e.g. delete the "Dwarf Planets" folder)

3. Profit!

To Do List and Completion Stage

Biomes-70%25-blue.svgTweaks%20%26%20Improvements-76%25-lightgrey.svgMod%20Intergration-45%25-yellowgreen.svgScience%20%26%20Career%20Intergration-67%25-red.svg

Special thanks to KillAhley for being such a texture genius, and helping me with the pack.

Changelog

Version 2.3.9 - The fixes gallore Update.

Fixed terrain glitches.

Fixed barycenter for Ganag and Kal.

Eeloo now circles Sarvin.

Remade orbits in Sarvin system.

Remade Sarvin's rings.

Upgraded Kopernicus API.

Fixed atmospheres on Fonso, Daphy and Sarvin.

Upgraded forum post.

Keelon's moons have not been fixed since they'll be overhauled in 2.4.0.

License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Edited by amarius1

i only finished updating both mods today, so my new horizons will be updated when i get around to uploading it. We are not merging the mods as this is a joint project between me and amarius, and New Horizons is my personal project, but i will provide compatibility configs to make them work together.

As far as EVE configs, once EVE is stable in 1.0 configs will be there. I love EVE and KSPRC, so i make sure they can work with my packs when possible.

Impressive , added. When can we expect EVE configs and why don't you merge New Horizons to it ?

Actually, I think New Horizonts would be basically unplayable with my pack merged. 2 owersome packs, two huge packs. This is a joint project, as Ashley said.

just to put it out there, they work together perfectly, except the orbits are VERY off and the joint packs are a little RAM heavy...ATM is highly recommended if you're putting them together though! when New Horizons gets uploaded I'll chuck compatability patches to get the orbits in line with the NEW Horizons system.

@mogging, do you have other mods installed? atm?

just to put it out there, they work together perfectly, except the orbits are VERY off and the joint packs are a little RAM heavy...ATM is highly recommended if you're putting them together though! when New Horizons gets uploaded I'll chuck compatability patches to get the orbits in line with the NEW Horizons system.

@mogging, do you have other mods installed? atm?

Yes, actually. Quite a few.

moggiog, i need to know specifically if you have atm or texture replacer. They have been known to cause issues in the past with rings and such. It's not an issue with opengl, i run opengl all the time with no issues. If you have either atm or tr ill upload a patch for you to test.

moggiog, i need to know specifically if you have atm or texture replacer. They have been known to cause issues in the past with rings and such. It's not an issue with opengl, i run opengl all the time with no issues. If you have either atm or tr ill upload a patch for you to test.

No, I don't have either of those.

ok do me a favor and download this, just drop it into your ksp directory and let it overwrite the files. then go to GameData>Kopernicus>cache and delete the sarvin .bin file. See if it helps.

It just changes the ring to be generated by kittopiatech, rather than kopernicus.

Im not too sure, what the cause is, but this might possibly help.

great job on the comet and cryo volcano effects! The comet tail still can't orient properly I assume. Or can it?

The comet trail orientates properly!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy moly! Our mod is the second in the add-on releases!!!

@KillAshley it looks like my computer can no longer handle the pack, but I don't know why. In the previous version, the last one I sent you before you merged it with your branch, all worked. Maybe the Rings are causing problems or something with memory? It's realy strange, and that may push pe to the point of developing the rest of the mod using that version I sent you the other day.

Edited by amarius1

Is this compatible with the Outer Planets mod?

Yes, it is, but your system will become VERY cluttered and your computer will probably start crying for help because of killer RAM usage of the two.

Amarius, I've made a few tweaks to your mod. Here they are:

1. Got rid of a few dwarf planets and tiny moons to save RAM, also because they're boring and look ugly

2. Converted Sarvin's texture to DDS

3. Moved some dwarf planets around and made them into KBO's

4. Moved Eeloo to orbit Sarvin

Pics soon, haven't actually done a mission yet.

ok do me a favor and download this, just drop it into your ksp directory and let it overwrite the files. then go to GameData>Kopernicus>cache and delete the sarvin .bin file. See if it helps. It just changes the ring to be generated by kittopiatech, rather than kopernicus. Im not too sure, what the cause is, but this might possibly help.
I did it, still pink rings.

guys i noticed an error in the configs, im hoping my kerbal stuff upload actually completes this time, as i'm too tiered to stay up much later than this (it's 4:45am here). I'm uploading a new version to kerbal stuff now, hopefully it works.

@moggiog

thats weird man, i honestly have no clue whats happening. Can you upload your ksp>logs folder for us to look at?

@thomas

we were making this pack back in an old version where the particles could only be set to target stock bodies. After upgrading versions we just forgot to remove it...i'll get around to it at some point.

@medikohl

not so much of a tutorial, it's more trial and error. Browse through our configs and see if you can work it out, and if you have any questions feel free to pm me. kittopiatech is not required for kopernicus packs, kopernicus can do everything kittopia can do and more. theres a tutorial for kopernicustech (but not stand alone kopernicus) somewhere on the developement forums which might help. but then again the configs for planetfactory wasn't too different to the ones now, theres just way more configurable options with kopernicus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.