[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Where did you get duna2.png used in your eve configs? I have tried all the major packs and i can not find any using this image. Without it no planets get clouds as eve glitches. Also you really should put your DOE and PS configs in your folder outside of the those mods main config files. Otherwise someone will probably end up overwriting the file when an update comes. Finally your config for planetshine needs to be updated to the newer node names as they conflict with DOE.

newer node? also, you realy nead eve installed for the WIP clouds to work. If there's a problem with clouds send a message to Yukon9000 since he i s doing this stuff.

I don't think that's Fonso, I found it too a long time ago when my idea of reviving Nova's planets came. I think that is the original Harvest. If you dig more you will also find some Faz pics with the planned giant collidable crystals.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem with this mod: it just don't show up any new moon or planet. ;.;

please tell me how did you installed the mod and post some picc of your folder structure. Remember that you should have the Kerbol Plus, Kittopia and Kopernicus folders located in GameData.

Changelog?

Also dds? I see you have done this AWESOME TY!

Ermmm I do not see any changelog anywhere. Anyway the package is smaller so I guess the textrures were shrinked.

Currently I am running:

Outer Planet Mods (OPM)

Kerbolplus

and Trans Keptunian

for an immensly crowded system!

Edit:

WOW this Kerbolplus release made me save 400mb of Ram (memory). Down from 2.85 to 2.55GB. Very nicely done :) That means I can contemplate some part mods for a change :)

Edited by waerth

Ermmm I do not see any changelog anywhere. Anyway the package is smaller so I guess the textrures were shrinked.

Currently I am running:

Outer Planet Mods (OPM)

Kerbolplus

and Trans Keptunian

for an immensly crowded system!

lol... I wonder how's your computer not dying... also, why so many planets when you can just take what you nead from every one. for example, you can just delete Neidon and Urlum to save some memory but in the same time remein with the owesome Sarnus system. BTW, I don't thing the three packs realy match in terms of art style. the package is smaller because I've made some optimisations and dds conversion. Also, does Planet shyne and Diststant object work? I hope so, because that's what I added in the last update. Expect biomes and full career intergration and FULL EVE support in about 2 months after I finish my learning for my hight school appliance exam.

lol... I wonder how's your computer not dying... also, why so many planets when you can just take what you nead from every one. for example, you can just delete Neidon and Urlum to save some memory but in the same time remein with the owesome Sarnus system. BTW, I don't thing the three packs realy match in terms of art style. the package is smaller because I've made some optimisations and dds conversion. Also, does Planet shyne and Diststant object work? I hope so, because that's what I added in the last update. Expect biomes and full career intergration and FULL EVE support in about 2 months after I finish my learning for my hight school appliance exam.

Including a lot of mods my computer is now starting up at 2,7gb memory usage.

I like challenging environments. In all my years of playing KSP I have never been beyond Minmus though. Although technically I did launch a couple of probes that made it into Kerbol orbit (I play with remote tech so it was blind shooting)

I do have a problem in that after installing new kerbolplus and a couple of other mods, the remotetech functionality on a lot of probes stopped working. All of the build in antennas do not react anymore :/ I now have to figure out what it is.

W

edit: Well it is not Kerbolplus that is the mod that breaks it :) - currently re-installing all newly installed mods one by one ... will be an hour or so of "work"

Edited by waerth

Including a lot of mods my computer is now starting up at 2,7gb memory usage.

I like challenging environments. In all my years of playing KSP I have never been beyond Minmus though. Although technically I did launch a couple of probes that made it into Kerbol orbit (I play with remote tech so it was blind shooting)

I do have a problem in that after installing new kerbolplus and a couple of other mods, the remotetech functionality on a lot of probes stopped working. All of the build in antennas do not react anymore :/ I now have to figure out what it is.

W

edit: Well it is not Kerbolplus that is the mod that breaks it :) - currently re-installing all newly installed mods one by one ... will be an hour or so of "work"

wish you luck. If there's any incompatibility with K+ please report.

Will do. I have not found the mod that breaks things yet am halfway now.

Got delayed because a mod that advertises as being remote tech compatible is not. Just wrote a .cfg file to override the settings. Luckily I know a little bit about programming with Python so I had it figured out easily. First time I did some on the spot KSP modding. Much easier than I thought it would be. Though it will be tedious to do for all probes and antennas.

For now I placed the .cfg in the remote tech folder. Does it make any difference where we put these files? Or should they be loaded as the last folder preferably? What order does KSP load things in?

W

I believe he forgot to add kopernicus which I already courtesy of Outer Planets Mod.

god dammit! Well, that's what tiredness does... Will include a warnibg to install kopernicus first in a bit.

Fixed! Manged to ad the newest version of kopernicus as well as new module manager, using my tablet. Github support will return shortly one I return to my conputer.

Nope, again not work. Kopernicus with MM 2.6.5 not fix the situation.

Edited by RomanCat

Dammit! I suppose there are incompatibilities between the mod and the kopernicus version but there were no problems with other packs? Did yhe mod work for you before? If not, you're hitting the memory limit.

I have the same problem. The Kopernicus config loader throws an exception at startup, and I get no planets with the latest Trans-Keptunian and OPM+Sigma. 2.0.5 works fine. In both cases I'm using OPM's Kopernicus system.cfg and dll.

Logs: https://www./folder/b4u546vdp761b/Kerbol_Plus_Logs

EDIT: hope this helps. I love this mod!

EDIT: There is also 1 less MM patch when I switch back to 2.0.5.

MOAR EDITS: It also seems Calad is no longer in the latest build?

Edited by INSULINt

Yeah, i've romoved calad because it is going to be a lava ocean planet with titan like atmosphere that requires no EVE!

Try to use the kopernicus from 2.0.5 and report if problem persists. In 2.3.0 the only issue people had, was the missing kopernicus in the download, but the rest worked fine. There may be a problem with 0.0.7 compatibility... I was totaly unprepped for this update since exams are banging on my door and dev time shortenin hour by hour... Cheers! :(

It's definitely something in the kerbolplus folder that kopernicus doesn't like.

I now have a successful install of Trans-K, OPM+Sigma and K+, with everything from the latest zips, using K+'s Kopernicus system.cfg and dll, but using the KerbolPlus folder from the 2.0.5 zip.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found the problem. Line 53225 of output_log.

Exception: "Ganag-Kal" not found.
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

Looking at the configs (you added kal since 2.0.5?) Kal has "referenceBody = Ganag-Kal", but you've set the name in Ganag-Kal.cfg to "Ganag-Kal-Barycenter". Also, Ganag has "referenceBody = Sun" (possible typo?)

EDIT: Changing "Ganag-Kal-Barycenter" to "Ganag-Kal" fixes the stuff not loading issue. Basically makes Kal a moon of Ganag tho. It makes sense now why there was 1 MM patch amount difference: You removed Calad, but added the Barycenter AND Kal, which loaded, but made Kopernicus angry because of grammar, basically

Edited by INSULINt

It's definitely something in the kerbolplus folder that kopernicus doesn't like.

I now have a successful install of Trans-K, OPM+Sigma and K+, with everything from the latest zips, using K+'s Kopernicus system.cfg and dll, but using the KerbolPlus folder from the 2.0.5 zip.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found the problem. Line 53225 of output_log.

Exception: "Ganag-Kal" not found.
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

Looking at the configs (you added kal since 2.0.5?) Kal has "referenceBody = Ganag-Kal", but you've set the name in Ganag-Kal.cfg to "Ganag-Kal-Barycenter". Also, Ganag has "referenceBody = Sun" (possible typo?)

EDIT: Changing "Ganag-Kal-Barycenter" to "Ganag-Kal" fixes the stuff not loading issue. Basically makes Kal a moon of Ganag tho. It makes sense now why there was 1 MM patch amount difference: You removed Calad, but added the Barycenter AND Kal, which loaded, but made Kopernicus angry because of grammar, basically

eheh it looks like KillAshley was more tired than me... will donwgrade until I have time to update. unforcenately yo waon't see a big update at least two waks. big exam.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.