[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Well, because how my free time works, I realy only have time today, every week, in the morning before school. I could make the terrain fixes in a few seconds and you could too! The hotfix will also contain much clear .cfgs. Don't expect redone atmospheres trough...

Why no redone atmospheres? All they need are proper pressure keys and they're good to go. There's an online calculator for the pressure keys in case you didn't know. You only have to put in stuff like atmosphere height and molar mass and boom, there are the pressure keys.

Why no redone atmospheres? All they need are proper pressure keys and they're good to go. There's an online calculator for the pressure keys in case you didn't know. You only have to put in stuff like atmosphere height and molar mass and boom, there are the pressure keys.

Link please... also yes, if that's the case... I'll do a stride and finish the atmospheres till 2.3.9..

first of all great work!

as these are planets which are hidden in the files and these mod bring them back to live, can i expect biomes on these bodies?

i installed the mod with the suggested EVE mod from the description, kerbal alarm clock is in use also and i experiencing an issue

in flight, it works fine so far but after hitting "m" to see the map and turning back to flight view by pressing "m" again, i cant click any science modul no more to make science.. also staging by pressing "space" not working anymore neither by clicking right on the desired part, nothing happens.. i found out quicksave F5 and reload F9 reset these behavior and its working fine again until i watch the map.. this is nearly a killer as everybody have to check the map for corrections or just figure out where you are at the moment, so the workaround is a small thing to help but overal its really annoying

is this a known issue? any other workarround for long term solution? later this day i try to remove the EVE and check again, yesterday i loose apetite after i try my workarround and the game CTD

first of all great work!

as these are planets which are hidden in the files and these mod bring them back to live, can i expect biomes on these bodies?

i installed the mod with the suggested EVE mod from the description, kerbal alarm clock is in use also and i experiencing an issue

in flight, it works fine so far but after hitting "m" to see the map and turning back to flight view by pressing "m" again, i cant click any science modul no more to make science.. also staging by pressing "space" not working anymore neither by clicking right on the desired part, nothing happens.. i found out quicksave F5 and reload F9 reset these behavior and its working fine again until i watch the map.. this is nearly a killer as everybody have to check the map for corrections or just figure out where you are at the moment, so the workaround is a small thing to help but overal its really annoying

is this a known issue? any other workarround for long term solution? later this day i try to remove the EVE and check again, yesterday i loose apetite after i try my workarround and the game CTD

EVE probably isn't the cause. First, check if you are using the most recent version of Kopernicus. Also, are there other mods you are using? It might be a conflict.

And about EVE, there will soon be better EVE configs with clouds made specifically for K+.

first of all great work!

Very srange... the only bug people reported (major) was weird behavior of kerbals on surface of planets and terrain issues. Haven't head of your bug... Will be fixed in 2.3.9 I'll upload at the end of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys... We got futured in the Gas Planet 2 wiki!!! :D

HWy9t4B.png

Pruned some posts from this thread. Please allow others time to reply before submitting additional posts, guys. Also, if you feel a post is a problem, please hit the report button on it and let us moderators deal with it rather than replying in the thread.

Pruned some posts from this thread. Please allow others time to reply before submitting additional posts, guys. Also, if you feel a post is a problem, please hit the report button on it and let us moderators deal with it rather than replying in the thread.

Thank you!

First, I rather like the name. But also, won't renaming the mod lead to a lot MM compatibilty issues?

Well, they could lead to that so we should rather remain to that... PS today I'll be finishing atmospheres and sent a message to Olympic1 so he can convert the textures to .dds when I send him the files, so we can also have optimisations bundled with the hotfix. Let's hope .dds makes in, trough...

for some reason this mod slows down time, at least for me. i look up at the timer on the top left of the screen and it takes 2-3 seconds of real time for 1 second to go bhy on the timer. this also affects the gameplay as well, it is much slower than without the mod. is there a way i can stop this from happening?

for some reason this mod slows down time, at least for me. i look up at the timer on the top left of the screen and it takes 2-3 seconds of real time for 1 second to go bhy on the timer. this also affects the gameplay as well, it is much slower than without the mod. is there a way i can stop this from happening?

It is lag. If you want to cut memory usage just delete one of the planet systems the mods ads, or particular planets. Or you could purge your part packs and repalce with PP and Ven's part revamp...

We will release an optimisation update on Christams when the memeory usage should hopefully be cut to half.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried installing this on two separate installs with CKAN and it hasn't worked on either. What's wrong?

CKAN has problems downloading planet packs in general. Install K+ manualy. I mean how hard is it to merge the GameData from the mod with your GameData?

I'm downloading the hotfix as we speak. Hopefully, it'll have been worth the wait. (Sorry, couldn't resist quoting Gabe Newell here :D)

Anyhow, if the atmospheres have better pressure keys now, it should be a lot easier to add clouds.

I'm also trying to add glow to the planets/moons/dwarfplanets. :cool:

I've tried installing this on two separate installs with CKAN and it hasn't worked on either. What's wrong?
CKAN has problems downloading planet packs in general. Install K+ manualy. I mean how hard is it to merge the GameData from the mod with your GameData?

I'm working on CKAN and adding the planet packs to it, but it takes a hell lot of time to check them. The most help came from Galactic Neighborhood because it only adds compatible packs to the mod. Also got a lot of help from the people that play with multiple packs. All the packs will be added and working soonâ„¢ on CKAN.

Also working on this mod.

I'm working on CKAN and adding the planet packs to it, but it takes a hell lot of time to check them. The most help came from Galactic Neighborhood because it only adds compatible packs to the mod. Also got a lot of help from the people that play with multiple packs. All the packs will be added and working soonâ„¢ on CKAN.

Also working on this mod.

BTW it seems that I actualy still have some time per week to work on the mod so I wont be completely offline. Just a heads-up: dont work on the Keelon system and dwarf planets since today I completely remade the majority of textures and terrain.

Also, in my development install, I added a ridgeMultiFractal PQS mods so things look more awesome.

Things I worked on today:

• Added completely proceduraly generated asteroidal moon, Nojol.
  • Added a scatterer-like effect on Manai so it looks like the lava lightning is spreading around the atmosphere. Also made Mana's oceans light up on the night side.
  • Remade other moons of Keelon so they look a lot more stockalike and cool.
  • Modified Corolet and other dwarf planets textures. Corolet now is a smooth blue comet. No more spikes.
  • Remade all dwarf planet textures.
  • Fixed atmosphere for Keelon, Pergas, Daphy and Potatus.

Thank you for collaborating, man!

The heights where timewarps are allowed for Corolet are way out. It's taking me 8 minutes real-time to go from 30km down to a lower orbit.

Yeah, will remake them when I release the next hotfix... If everyone has any bugs or doesn't like something, please comment here. We can't know what we should fix if we don't know what bothers you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.