[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Kerbals don't appear to be able to EVA onto Corolet - they either explode or just lay on their back smiling like imbeciles. The graphics is also very strange - almost completely black on the surface. Tried with vanilla and with -force-d3d11.

S-1 seemed to have the EVA problem, but not Potatus.

When mining on Potatus I get a full tank of 1500 ore instantly.

Enjoying the new planets though! (I've only played with Outer Planets before, which while it seems more stable, has more realistic and hence less interesting planets!)

Kerbals don't appear to be able to EVA onto Corolet - they either explode or just lay on their back smiling like imbeciles. The graphics is also very strange - almost completely black on the surface. Tried with vanilla and with -force-d3d11.

S-1 seemed to have the EVA problem, but not Potatus.

When mining on Potatus I get a full tank of 1500 ore instantly.

Enjoying the new planets though! (I've only played with Outer Planets before, which while it seems more stable, has more realistic and hence less interesting planets!)

Eh I'll be looking over that... black terrain has to do with a kopernicus bug where if you go under sea level things start getting wacky.

Hey. Love the mod. I use this with OPM, Sigma Pluro-Khaton and TK.

I edited some orbits to make some friends for Dres, put some stuff around OPM's Neidon and a couple more things around Plock, but have made no other changes to the cfg files for the planets.

I've been hoping to install OPM after 1.1, as a reward for finishing my sim-pit. What better way to fly out to new distant worlds than with actual flight instruments! :D

I'm curious about how your install is, and how OPM and K+ get along. I'd rather have both be stock, if they get along, but I don't know if any planets have unnaturally close orbits, etc.

Hi,

i installed the new version and tryed to land on faz..landing works but something is wrong with the texture.

From high up everything was ok, a deep purple moon. When getting closer it is replaced with another texture and when getting much closer i get a checkboard pattern that is definitely wrong.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/DQ9UO

The other Moons and Planets added by Kerbol plus look allright (and are beautiful)

I' running in open gl mode, i will now start to test if is another mod that is causing this with a clean install and only kerbol plus.

Edit: I removed every other mod and tryed again, faz still not correct.

Edit2: Clean install, with only Kerbol plus as mod, faz texture is broken (makes no difference if opengl or direct3d)

Edited by Sphinx2k

Hi,

i installed the new version and tryed to land on faz..landing works but something is wrong with the texture.

From high up everything was ok, a deep purple moon. When getting closer it is replaced with another texture and when getting much closer i get a checkboard pattern that is definitely wrong.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/DQ9UO

The other Moons and Planets added by Kerbol plus look allright (and are beautiful)

I' running in open gl mode, i will now start to test if is another mod that is causing this with a clean install and only kerbol plus.

Edit: I removed every other mod and tryed again, faz still not correct.

Edit2: Clean install, with only Kerbol plus as mod, faz texture is broken (makes no difference if opengl or direct3d)

Your screenshots suggest that Kopernicus is confusing Faz with Kerbin. I haven't taken a look at the configs yet, but try this:

Open Faz' config, and scroll to the 'Template' part. If it reads 'Kerbin', try to replace it with 'Dres'.

I don't know how K+ configs are built so it might break Faz entirely, but it's worth a shot.

Your screenshots suggest that Kopernicus is confusing Faz with Kerbin. I haven't taken a look at the configs yet, but try this:

Open Faz' config, and scroll to the 'Template' part. If it reads 'Kerbin', try to replace it with 'Dres'.

I don't know how K+ configs are built so it might break Faz entirely, but it's worth a shot.

I looked into the file, the template part is missing completely. But after looking through the other planets and moons i can tell that some have the template part and some don't but are working.

I looked into the file, the template part is missing completely. But after looking through the other planets and moons i can tell that some have the template part and some don't but are working.

Well, do this unitil I fix it definetely (Sorry I was tired and tought I won't touch the computer in months ;.;): Copy the template section from a body that has Eeloo as template and put it where it's missing in other planet's .cfgs. Now it should work. Some dwarf planets my be brocken because I mainly focused on parts of the next, better update, where I completely redone and polished the Sarvin and Keelon systems (Keelon system is almost finished). So that's why the Sarvin and Keelon systems should work well, unlike some of the dwarf planets. Not realy hard to fix.

Well, do this unitil I fix it definetely (Sorry I was tired and tought I won't touch the computer in months ;.;): Copy the template section from a body that has Eeloo as template and put it where it's missing in other planet's .cfgs. Now it should work. Some dwarf planets my be brocken because I mainly focused on parts of the next, better update, where I completely redone and polished the Sarvin and Keelon systems (Keelon system is almost finished). So that's why the Sarvin and Keelon systems should work well, unlike some of the dwarf planets. Not realy hard to fix.

Oh. I'll test the dwarf planets, and report any bugs. Should I also try to fix the bugs I find? I may be new to Kopernicus, though that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

Oh. I'll test the dwarf planets, and report any bugs. Should I also try to fix the bugs I find? I may be new to Kopernicus, though that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

Well, yes! Go on! It will help you learn more things! See you on the planet pack marketplace soon... ;)

Alright worked some more today...

• No more pixelated terrain due to smarter PQS mod ussage
  • Keelon's moons now use PQS mods and some of them are completely generated by PQS.
  • Completely finished atmospheres on all planets.
  • Started to tweak orbits.
  • Remade Sarvin rings to look even better.
  • Added asteroid Amark around Sarvin. It is an icy proceduraly generated asteroid moonlet inside Sarvin's rings.
  • One of Keelon's moons is now in eccentric retrograde orbit, being a proceduraly generated asteroid.
  • Manai's oceans now light at night.
  • Manai's oceans destroy your ship before even touching it because of extreme temperatures. Asteroids are instantly destroyed.
  • Made so the cryovolcano of Potatus is aligned better and isn't offset as in previous versions.
  • Made so the cryovolcano no longer uses Kittopia Space, but instead uses Kopernicus' own particle system.
  • Intergration with many rescale mods.
  • Intergration with many planet packs.
  • Optimises
  • Bugfixes
  • Intergration with science mods.

Cheers! Next week I want to finish the dwarf planets adding them PQS mods. After I finish all I'll sent the new files over to Olympic1 so he can finish his part of the update, doing .dds conversions for better memory usage, biome map, and science defs.

Edited by amarius1
Love you everyone!!! The mod would be nothing without your support.

Does this by chance have a kScale2 config laying around somewhere? I wouldn't be able to play without it if it did!

It will have when the big 2.4.0 update comes out.

We don't even know haw will we call it. It adds as many futures as 2.0 did...

Edited by amarius1

It will have when the big 2.4.0 update comes out.

We don't even know haw will we call it. It adds as many futures as 2.0 did...

Okay! I haven't particularly been following this mod so 2.4.0 will be the big one in a few weeks?

I'll totally play with this and it's EVE config! From the looks of it, it looks nice, so keep up the good work!

Okay! I haven't particularly been following this mod so 2.4.0 will be the big one in a few weeks?

I'll totally play with this and it's EVE config! From the looks of it, it looks nice, so keep up the good work!

Thank you. Release date is on Christmas!

Okay... so the deadline is Christmas eve...

If I can get all planned EVE features to work before Christmas I cannot say, but I can promise that at least the surface dust on the moons will work, as well as scaledspace clouds for Keelon and Sarvin.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm... you have too many Private Messages stored, so unless you delete some old messages in your inbox I cannot send you anything about the EVE configs. Sadly, I wasn't able to tell you this through Private Messaging because of this reason.

Okay... so the deadline is Christmas eve...

If I can get all planned EVE features to work before Christmas I cannot say, but I can promise that at least the surface dust on the moons will work, as well as scaledspace clouds for Keelon and Sarvin.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm... you have too many Private Messages stored, so unless you delete some old messages in your inbox I cannot send you anything about the EVE configs. Sadly, I wasn't able to tell you this through Private Messaging because of this reason.

Ok thank you! Will clean them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.