[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

On 2/23/2016 at 6:42 AM, Kangobuild said:

Would love the mod but the download for it @Kerbal Stuff won't load in the page saying there's in error

Mod s dead. Follow the stockalike succesor of Kerbol Plus, Kerbol Origins, (in my signature) that really does what Kerbol Plus was originally meant for. Kerbol Plus Remake is however another good mod to try if you still like the art style from Kerbol Plus.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2015 at 5:04 PM, KillAshley said:

Had a few issues, will be amending the OP in a while with additional locations and descriptions.

Kerbal stuff keeps cancelling my upload, so for now mod is hosted on dropbox

Download Here

Hey, Dropbox keeps telling me that the file has been moved or eliminated. How can i get the mod then?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2015 at 9:18 PM, amarius1 said:

mxwrA6D.png

Latest%20Version-2.3.9-red.svgKSP%20Version-1.0.4-orange.svgRelease%20Date-28%2F6%2F2015-yellow.svgCKAN-Not%20Indexed-green.svg

Compatibility-4-blue.svgCollaborators-3-blue.svg

FRO6RIX.png

From now on, development will continue here, on THIS thread, as Kerbol Origins

Github Page

Welcome to Kerbol Plus (K+), an expansion to the stock solar system. K+ aims to expand the Kerbol system by adding new planets and dwarf planets, all inspired by old developer plans that never got implemented (for now). As of the current release K+ adds one gas giant with 8 moons, 6 new dwarf planets and a giant rocky planet with 4 moons as well as a comet with working particle trail, increasing the challenge and the fun of KSP.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshots

Javascript is disabled. View full album

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Keep in mind that this image of Keelon's new EVE clouds isn't the final product!

L9A5PJB.png

Mod spotlight by KottabosGames

[

Let's meet the new celestial bodies!

Faz - This is the second moon of Eve, designed after Nova Silisko's (former squad employee responsible with planets) original plans for a second moon of Eve. The original moon he developed, had huge crystals that causd bugs that rendered the moon as unplayable. Currently, me and KillAshley plan on adding those crystals on our new revived Faz, after Kopernicus, the API K+ uses, will be updated to allow custom ground scatter models.

Harvest - This asteroid was also a forgotten body Nova Silisko created back in the old days, but it was never implemented, like Faz, because of bugs, that, however came in the form of terrain glitches. It was rich in hilly terrain and had extensive canyons that exist in K+'s Remade version. Harvest's terrain was later updated and used as base terrain for Tylo.

Vix - This is the new moon of Duna, deformed by a huge crater, added because we felt like the Dunian system was too barren. In order to fix the "Ike Encounter" sindrom when plotting Duna intercept courses, Ike was also moved outwards.

Sarvin - The legendary ringed Gas Planet 2 also originally developed by Nova Silisko that never got released. Our Sarvin has 4 moons and 4 captured asteroids. Potatus, Daphy and Fonso are original names of the GP2 created by Nova Silisko. After extensive searching, me and KillAshley have found posts where Nova talked about how the three moons should have looked, thought he didn't release any picture. And so, Potatus, the oblate moon, Daphy, the moon with deep canyons crossing ice plains made of fluff, and Fonso, the moon with mountains that extend beyond it's thin atmosphere were born.

Potatus - Moon of Sarvin, it has an oblate shape caused by tidal forces generated by the relation between Sarvin's huge gravitational pull and Potatus' esscentric orbit, as well as a huge cryovolcano spewing ice particles and blue unknown cool gas (pun intended) that is thought to form Sarvin's rings.

Fonso - The legendary moon of extreme Kerbal sports, it is covered in extreme mountains that extend above it's thin atmosphere. You can practically climb a mountain to the top and reach orbit with no DeltaV!

Daphy - In it's past, this moon was covered in fluff, but recently, it's surface started to crack due to unknown gravitational anomalies probably generated by the same tidal forces that made Potatus oblate.

Shayle - This moon was actually not an official moon of the Gas Planet 2 designed by Nova Silisko, but one we felt it needed to be added. And so, Shayle, the cratery moon damaged in the early "Great Bombardment" period was born.

S-1, S-2, S-3 and S-4 are all cloned asteroid moonlets captured by Sarvin's gravity and the only things different between them, are the orbital characteristics and color.

Keelon - This huge planet was referred by Nova Silisko as Gas Planet 3, but later repuposed as a a giant rocky dessert planet with a gravity and atmospheric pressure that makes it even harder to land on than Eve. It is circled by 4 moons.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Compatible mods:

Environmental Visual Enhancements - Download WIP cloud config

Distant Object Enhancement

Planet Shyne

Karbonite / USI mods

Crew:

Amarius1-configs%20and%20fun%20implementations-red.svg

Olympic1-cool%20things%20and%20science%20intergration-red.svg

The White Guardian-Environmental%20Visual%20Enhancements%20Intergration-red.svg

ProjectPluto-chief%20tester-red.svg

Thank you to former developer KillAshley for textures and config fixes! U dah best bro! ;.;

Thanks%20To-Thomas%20P.-blue.svg

​Thanks%20To-%E2%80%8BNathanKell-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-Yukon0009-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-CaptRobau-blue.svg

Thanks%20To-Eudae55-blue.svg

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instalation:

1. Download.

2. Merge the downloaded GameData with your current one.

3. Profit!

How to install if you have troubles with memory usage:

1. Download and install.

2. Choose what parts of the mod you want by deleting the unwanted content located in the "KerbolPlus" folder. (e.g. delete the "Dwarf Planets" folder)

3. Profit!

To Do List and Completion Stage

Biomes-70%25-blue.svgTweaks%20%26%20Improvements-76%25-lightgrey.svgMod%20Intergration-45%25-yellowgreen.svgScience%20%26%20Career%20Intergration-67%25-red.svg

Special thanks to KillAhley for being such a texture genius, and helping me with the pack.

Changelog

Version 2.3.9 - The fixes gallore Update.

Fixed terrain glitches.

Fixed barycenter for Ganag and Kal.

Eeloo now circles Sarvin.

Remade orbits in Sarvin system.

Remade Sarvin's rings.

Upgraded Kopernicus API.

Fixed atmospheres on Fonso, Daphy and Sarvin.

Upgraded forum post.

Keelon's moons have not been fixed since they'll be overhauled in 2.4.0.

License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Kerbalstuff no longer works, can you please add another link, please

On Thursday, July 07, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Daeridanii said:

@Vonnmillard KerbolPlus was remade into the Kerbol Origins mod. It is unlikely that KerbolPlus works with 1.1.3 - don't worry, Kerbol Origins (to my knowledge) has all the planets and moons that K+ had.

Wel not al the planets but it certainly has better content and it is centered on the original idea K+ was supposed to follow...

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2015 at 3:52 AM, Immashift said:

I went and hyperedited my Mun scanner into orbit around Ganag for a simple orbital resource scan and found that it does seem to generate atmospheric resources, but NOT ground based ones. Theres probably some generic atmosphere type at work giving it resources. I don't presume to know how this stuff is coded :P The cutoff buttons change nothing, and even after I did an orbital scan it told me to... do an orbital scan :P Anyway if you're sure you can manually add them in that's great!

Here's the atmospheric tab of Ganag on the right:

9t79kcu.png

aaaaand the surface results... sort of empty:

wuVW7O3.png

I also agree about Potatus. Especially with it spewing all that material out of the volcano it's bound to have some sort of light atmosphere.

An Eve update will come. For now I'm glad it even runs on 1.0 for the vanilla planets.

This is incredibly late, but I just noticed that the planet kind of looks like it's made of LEGOs.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.