[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

sorry man, but our pack is aimed on completing official planet plans and maybe adding something more onthe road. if you want titan analog and other real solar system analogs, install OPM!

Also, I think we already have one good enough. laythe.

Fonso was supposed to be the Titan analog.

Also, OPM doesn't have complete replicas, look at Urlum's moons :P

Fonso wasn't... go ask Nova SIlisko... I know that Lythe was supposed to be. Fonso was just a little moon with extreme mountains that poked trough atmosphere and so, that's what we also did here. also, many of you may hve observed that some of the moons have thin atmospheres...

this is seriously nice! love Potatus, the name made me laugh instantly and that cryovolcano looks awesome, this might just have to be the first planet pack i ever decide to try out!

haha oh and shayle : "that's not a moon, that's a space station!"

Edited by Squiggsy

This is truly an amazing mod, however, I would like to see a short period comet, since Corolet takes about 60 years to orbit once (probably WAY more) - I launched a mission 3 days ago and I'm still over 5 years away from making some accurate maneuvers. So, what would you name the short period comet (if you create one)?

Anyway, still love the mod, and I hope to see MOAR PLANETS, and some more science biomes of course.

*disclaimer, I am prone to brainstorming and dreaming up concepts, so I may come back with more ideas for outstanding mods*

Thank you. No problem. We need ideas. Good idea on the comet! Also, I think we already have enough planets...

- - - Updated - - -

I've been away on vacation and just loaded this mod, awesome!!

Thank you. Don't forget KillAshley!

Ok I feel dumb for asking this, but... am I missing something? It doesn't seem to load properly for me. I downloaded from the Github link and put the three folders (KerbolPlus, KittopiaSpace, Kopernicus) in my GameData folder. It's the only mod I have installed. I load up a Sandbox game and go into the Tracking Station... no new planets.

I validated my local cache in Steam just to make sure. It all checked out. I can see it loading a bunch of content from KerbolPlus during the loading screen. I then opened the Debug toolbar with Alt+F12. Under the Database tab: All the loaded Configs are from Squad. There is one Kopernicus Assembly loaded. All the loaded models are from Squad. There are Textures loaded from KerbolPlus and KittopiaSpace.

I've used a lot of mods; including creating one of my own. So I don't think I missed anything obvious. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to be working...

@jfjohnny make sure you have 2.6.3 Module Manager dll installed in your Game Data folder.

Thanks. That did it.

I usually have ModuleManager installed, but was trying to test this against a clean install with KerbolPlus. If I can make a suggestion for the devs of this one - if ModuleManager is a dependency, it should be either listed in the installation instructions or included in the download.

Other than that, now that I've got it loaded this mod looks fantastic! Looking forward to exploring some new challenges!

Yeah, Johnny make sure module manager is there, Sry I didn't even know we were using github for this mod, as I've never used it apart from browsing code. I'll have this updated soon as I can.

Sounds good. I'd actually prefer to use CKAN to handle installation, but your KerbalStuff link (and the CKAN repository entry by extension) looks to be pointing to an outdated version of the mod.

Hmmm I haven't noticed that, I'll try and get Amarius1's attention and try to change it as I don't have access myself.

Unfortunately ckan can't be used for planet packs atm, as kopernicus is too early in development that we all have different versions running. Causes too many incompatibilities, hopefully in the future this can change

I've tried to upload to Kerbal stuff but it doesn't seem to let me upload the files... Till I'll update the files with Module manager, I'll stick it in the thread as dependency. Cheers! Now working on some Biomes and playing with baricenter.

Amarius1 you have done a fantastic job with this mod.

Had to cut my mod list slightly on a fresh install but i think it is worth it.

Might have to play around with E.V.E. configs and see if I can get clouds working.

Keep up the great work

Just some friendly feedback. You should consider changing the PNG files over to DDS using http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter. I did it and was able to save something like 250-400 MB of RAM (hard to tell exactly, but it was a sizable reduction); which allowed me to have more mods installed along side this awesome work!

the .dds conversion will be in the next update. the only reason we didn't have it in this one, was that we were too focused on getting it working properly. Alot of things are coming in when it's ready to be released.

I already have .dds conversion done, but we still nead to finish some more things like Biomes before next release. EVE configs are also planned, as well as resources that will make (especialy) the Sarvin system feel like it was created by SQUAD. In the far future I plan on making an expansion pack that improves stock plane textures to give them a nice 3d look like our modded planets have. I feel stock planets just look a bit old. Also, don't forget tocongratulate KKillAshley Ashley for making most of the textures (except Sarvin, Faz, Harvest and dwarf planets) and learning me how to make them cool and 3d. He also made the new atmospheres in 1.0 mostly playable. BTW, for the next update we're also tweaking atmospheres and perhaps removing the annoying "radiation ring" around Sarvin. Cheers!

I already have .dds conversion done, but we still nead to finish some more things like Biomes before next release. EVE configs are also planned, as well as resources that will make (especialy) the Sarvin system feel like it was created by SQUAD. In the far future I plan on making an expansion pack that improves stock plane textures to give them a nice 3d look like our modded planets have. I feel stock planets just look a bit old. Also, don't forget tocongratulate KKillAshley Ashley for making most of the textures (except Sarvin, Faz, Harvest and dwarf planets) and learning me how to make them cool and 3d. He also made the new atmospheres in 1.0 mostly playable. BTW, for the next update we're also tweaking atmospheres and perhaps removing the annoying "radiation ring" around Sarvin. Cheers!

All of that sounds awesome! Thanks to everyone for all the work on this mod. It really makes the Kerbol system feel more "complete." Really looking forward to the next update!

I was in doubt if I should get this this or OPM, this mod has some particular things that I liked a lot, but the lack of a Titan analogue is a real bummer for me! If only that was added, I'd get this instead of OPM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.