Crazy gimabling [bug?]

I launched a very basic orbiter (flt200, lv909, small rcs tank, rcs thrusters over the cm, 1x6 solar array x2,and a pod/parachute)yesterday and i noticed if i put SAS on their was extreme fighting b/w the engine gimbal(even with the engine off), rcs, and pod torque. Disabling 2 of the aforementioned did stabilize it but I would hope this is not an intended (feature).

Edited by wolfedg
Explained/Semi-resolved

There is more gimbal now, this is deliberate, as more control authority is required due to the aero changes, gimbal range is tweakable though.

SAS is known to be poorly tuned, and should be fixed for 1.1

There is more gimbal now, this is deliberate, as more control authority is required due to the aero changes, gimbal range is tweakable though.

SAS is known to be poorly tuned, and should be fixed for 1.1

Ah ok that sounds good. Now i'll have to check out how to tweak gimbal range. Thanks for the help :) SAS has come along ways from when I started and you had to set/unset it every time you wanted to change AoA.

Note to MODERATOR: Since it is a known issue and a fix is in work you may tag this as resolved.

Edited by wolfedg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.