[1.4.x - 1.7.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science Mods (NEOS - Micha's build) (0.8.1)

micha

Just now, Sudragon said:

Is there the option to get reputation rather than science? Doing (for example) 'live radio interview of a kerbonaut...in orbit!' (needs kerbonaut and open comms band (link to KSC)?

There isn't, but that's an interesting idea. I guess this could easily be done with a Contract Configrator config and wouldn't need to be tied to any specific mod as it wouldn't actually require any experiments or specific parts to do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2016 at 0:39 AM, Sudragon said:

The POSA/PPMD/ETC bug seems to be back with 1.2.1. If it's another mod, could someone supply information?

Exactly which bug do you mean - not completing missions? Also, what, if any, mods do you have installed (other than MM/KIS)? Finally - logfile?

• 4 weeks later...

Well so far so good. Right now the only potential bug that I can see is no contracts appearing in the ALL tab of Contract Configure. However still not convinced it is a real bug because of other things are going on in my game right now. If I get time I do a test without any other mods. Just this and Contract Configure installed. If it does turn out to be a real problem then I post link to the logs as well. 

The main thing is it seems to be working so far in career mode. Still have lots of bits to check but I am really enjoying this so far. Honestly without this mod and Station Science. I would start to loose interest pretty quickly in KSP in general. Thank you so much.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

On 11/9/2016 at 0:39 AM, micha said:

Exactly which bug do you mean - not completing missions? Also, what, if any, mods do you have installed (other than MM/KIS)? Finally - logfile?

The POSA goes, the POSA comes down, loaded in a MOLE Appaloosa module. The mission recognises that the research has been done, but not the return.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00wopjfzoucjhfd/output_log 2DEC2016.txt?dl=0

• 2 months later...

Based on GitHub, yours appears to be the most up to date "unofficial" maintenance version.  So, I've forked it and I intend to add configs for Trails and BDB both of which have Gemini capsules like Tantares, hgr, etc.  I'll do a pull request when I'm done.

• 2 months later...

I'm using this with KSP 1.2.2, module manager 2.7.5. I've launched the MSL-600 to low kerbin orbit, I have a scientist in it, I've installed some equipment (ultrasound and glovebox I believe), I have a ship docked with the CCF experiment, appropriate for the 600 and installed equipment, but I never see the "Install CCF" button. I can only move it, and only to the empty slots of the OMS ESC 3 capsule.

Am I missing something that's changed? 

Hi guys and gals,

Apologies for the long silence; my personal life has become very busy of late and I haven't had much time to spend on gaming, let alone KSP.  Glad to hear that mostly OMS seems to be ticking along. I was most of the way through a major revamp when I had to park everything.

Just tried to take a look at your issue @viveleroi and it appears that my SSD has packed it in - which contained all my work-in-progress on KSP/OMS. Grr. Currently attempting data recovery, but it's not looking good I'm afraid.

@tg626: Looking forward to your pull request :)

Edited by micha

So, as an update, I did find my old spinny-disk (which had since been reformatted but, luckily, not actually used) and have managed to recover the lvm on it. Unfortunately it really is old - Jul2016 - which means that my work-in-progress really is gone apart from what's up on GitHub. But no matter, at least I have my dev environment back!

On 5/4/2017 at 2:18 AM, viveleroi said:

I'm using this with KSP 1.2.2, module manager 2.7.5. I've launched the MSL-600 to low kerbin orbit, I have a scientist in it, I've installed some equipment (ultrasound and glovebox I believe), I have a ship docked with the CCF experiment, appropriate for the 600 and installed equipment, but I never see the "Install CCF" button. I can only move it, and only to the empty slots of the OMS ESC 3 capsule.

Am I missing something that's changed? 

Hmm, "works for me". 

Could you please double check:

• The station has an "MPL-600", not the "MSL-1000".
  • You've installed the "MSG" (Micro-gravity Science Glovebox) equipment
  • The Glovebox equipment is currently empty; that is, there's no experiment currently installed in the MSG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anybody wants to do some pre-alpha testing, I've just pushed a rebuilt binary and 'GameData' to the repository into its own branch:

https://github.com/mwerle/OrbitalMaterialScience/tree/mw_feature_new_ui

Contains a new GUI and localisation support. It's still WIP but any early feedback and additional localisation is welcome, although be aware that the dictionaries will probably still change a little.

NB: I've temporarily put the german translation into the english dictionaries in order to test the localisation. To just test the new GUI, swap the english and german dictionaries around!

Just did a quick test - nothing more than KSP loading up with this plus 90+ mods and no errors in either log. Took a KEES out for a quick EVA and no issues attaching that to a pod and opening the experiment. :)

Edited by wile1411

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Tried the pre alpha, now it's all German to me...I think Verner has been messing with something.

Swap the dictionaries...hmmm

I've since actually found out a way to force language for my own testing.  In either case I think it all works, so I'll make a new alpha release shortly which will have default english again and open to more people testing it :)

26 minutes ago, micha said:

I've since actually found out a way to force language for my own testing.  In either case I think it all works, so I'll make a new alpha release shortly which will have default english again and open to more people testing it :)

It's ok...I'm beginning to enjoy Kerbal Raumfahrtprogramm. :P

And, in return;

//---------------------------------- MOLE Brumby & Backseat ------------------------
@PART[WBI_Brumby|WBI_Backseat2] 
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Kemini_Module

abbreviation = Gemini Science experiment
		minimumCrew = 1

NE_KEMINI_LabEquipmentSlot
		{
			NE_LabEquipmentSlot
			{
				type = KEMINI
			}
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 1
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 2
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...

@CobaltWolf Yeah, the Kemini experiments were conceived for the early game and early pods. It's trivial for anybody who wants them to be on every pod to just add a MM config that does that ("Kemini-For-All" ?).

Thanks for the PR, I've merged it in (but no ETA yet for next release, sorry).

On 6/17/2017 at 0:51 AM, Sudragon said:

And, in return;

Thanks!

No idea why I didn't get email notifications about these but did for CobaltWolf's (wasn't ignoring you..)

23 hours ago, Sudragon said:

There's also a typo in one of the KEES experiment result text blocks. There's a 'geneni' instead of a 'gemini'

EDIT: I can't find the typo. Can you please be more specific?

Edited by micha

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.