[1.0] 64K temporary substitut v1.0.0.3

T2k3

I'm a hardcore 64K-player and got somewhat board after fiddling around with 1.0. So i went out there to solve the problem till kingtiger delivere (or a new awesome RSS arrives).

And so here is my solution! Basicly i threw the RSS Configs in KopernicusTech and up it goes!

It's nothing then the configs for KopernicusTech. It's in the mod since i have to use an somewhat early-buggy-ultra-dev-alpha. For clouds and stuff get the configs out of the latest 64K from Tiger.

In case of errors & bugs feel free to post them, but keep in mind that's just an temporary substitut not a mod or release. (Licence is gpl v2.0 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt All kudos belongs to the orginal authors of 64K!)

Well, that's all, have fun! :)

Download

klick here

PICS!!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Changelog

[1.0.0.3 | 1.0.0.2]

Edited by T2k3
new Version

Please add a license kwick.

KSP is SO SMALL without 64k. 1.0 has felt like going from double-blacks to greens. Every rocket I build that looks like an actual rocket gets to space without trying.

[Changelog 1.0.0.2]

Well i had to totaly overhaul the howl thing and ended up with kind of an Mod ...

I did a whole swoop of research (scrolling code and such) and in the end had to integrate Kopernicus and KittopiaSpace.

- All configs changed

- integrated Kopernicus and KittopiaSpace

- changed to newest possible Kopernicus (dev-version that worked)

- added MiniAVC (just in case i have to update again due own lack of testing)

- integrated 64K Parts RemoteTech and ScanSat compatability (clouds by Astronomer is not included due licence issue i'll ask him if demanded)

- changed config for kerbin cause of bugs (yeah there are a lot of em in 'alphaland')

Well hope it will work so fare, bug reports are welcome

[Changelog 1.0.0.3]

- 'told you so' edition -

Now with rocketlaunching!

- reverted to OuterPlanetsMods version of Kupernicus

- disabled Atmosphere-configs (still too early it seams)

Kupernicus is still a pretty mess, hope they will make much progress. Till then we'll have to play with what we have at hands.

Edited by T2k3
typo fix

• 2 weeks later...
[Changelog 1.0.0.3]

- 'told you so' edition -

Now with rocketlaunching!

- reverted to OuterPlanetsMods version of Kupernicus

- disabled Atmosphere-configs (still too early it seams)

Kupernicus is still a pretty mess, hope they will make much progress. Till then we'll have to play with what we have at hands.

I tried it and like it so far. I wish I reread your message because I uh uncommented the atmo changes and yeah lol! No big deal. Since Kopernicus has been officially released for 1.0 I am going to take your config and hack it more for fun! It's soo odd during my re-entry test, I came in at 5.8km/s then it was like a brick wall of air at 40km lol! This was with nufar. It has potential and thanks for including a rescale of remote tech antennas :cool:

I'am extremely pleased to see that my 'configs' been used :)

Well at things are NathanKell is hardly working on Kopernicus. Once finished we can transfer the old config to Kopernicus (and hopefully getting a working Atmosphere config with that). Maybe we can integrate OPM than in 64K as well.

As the remote tech antennas concerns, that's a thing from orginal 64K so all Kudos to kingtiger, Raptor831 and Mitiya for that.

it's more a temporary solution at the moment, so i wouldn't recommand to start a play through with it's current state. It was more of an attempt to bring a temporary solution for the restless.

Maybe i'll get a new Kopernicus Version runnig these days. That would be much better suited for a play through since it will be just some config changes to a stable 64K. But be aware that i'll stop this little project as soon the offcial 64K is back. (all this running around in configs and looking at code, not to mention the restart loops for KSP, drives one crazy)

Edited by T2k3

64K... it's a resized Kerbal system, right?

Yes, indeed it is. Basicly it's just a resize of the Kerbal system to roughly 6.4x size of the orginal kerbal system.

Actually, if I get a decent dV map, I might actually start my career on this.

Well, at the moment you'll play the 6.4 size Planets with the 1.0 Atmosphere (40km soup than nothing). As soon as i got a new working version of the mod that will hopefully be fixed.

What about FAR compatibility?

same, far should work, but 40km Atmosphere. I'm not 100% certain, since i tried to get the configs to adjust the atmosphere, but nothing happend. My bet would be that you would get a 64K light dV wise.

And as dV map concerns Nebuchadnezzar already build one(with far in mind):

Sj0BJdh-1006x1024.jpg

I guess this mod should have somewhat -1000dV since it has a whimpy atmosphere :D

same, far should work, but 40km Atmosphere. I'm not 100% certain, since i tried to get the configs to adjust the atmosphere, but nothing happend. My bet would be that you would get a 64K light dV wise.

And as dV map concerns Nebuchadnezzar already build one(with far in mind):

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Sj0BJdh-1006x1024.jpg

I guess this mod should have somewhat -1000dV since it has a whimpy atmosphere :D

I'm guessing that apart from the atmospheres, the rest of the dV's are the same for all x6.4 systems?

I'm guessing that apart from the atmospheres, the rest of the dV's are the same for all x6.4 systems?

the body sizes as the planets orbits are directly from the orginal 64k, so yes, as you say

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.