Just Started!

at3whee

Hey guys!

I started like a week back and have been watching videos religiously almost everyday. At the moment, i\'m saving up money for the actual game. So far, I have attempted many Mun landings and my rocket is flawless but I can\'t get the hang of obtaining orbit. Until I get the game, which mods would you reccomend, or what should I do?

Well, to start, how do you know that your rocket is flawless? Only testing can do that.

This is a good guide for getting into orbit for the first time. Going to the moon should happen after you\'re pretty comfortable getting in to orbit.

As for mod packs, just look around in the addon releases subforum. I recommend KW Challenger and Downunder extremely highly.

Best of luck on your launches!

EDIT: Fixed link

Adress not valid.

also to get into orbit, simply burn untill on youre map (m) it shows a AP of say, 100,000m once its there, cut all throttle.

then when you get to youre AP burn prograde (at the green marker on nav ball) untill youre PE is also 100,000m.

i also recomend IFE wich you can use of the demo.

(and the intrepid sls that it gives you)

also, once you have the full version, i suggest Mechjeb for getting manuveres done perfectly. you can also use it as a training tool by watching what it does.

any other questions, just PM me (private message)

also to get into orbit, simply burn untill on youre map (m) it shows a AP of say, 100,000m once its there, cut all throttle.

then when you get to youre AP burn prograde (at the green marker on nav ball) untill youre PE is also 100,000m.

Prograde is actually the yellow marker, the one that is a circle with nothing inside the circle. And an AP anywhere above 70km is fine.

Prograde is actually the yellow marker, the one that is a circle with nothing inside the circle. And an AP anywhere above 70km is fine.

True, but i said 100km because that is the best altitude so that you can get to the mun by having it over the horizon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.