[WIP] Never Enuff Dakka:- A BDArmory expansion [Release 3]

I wanted to say that I edited the cfg's to the tank bodies (initially because 2 tons seemed oddly light, its now 10 tons) then I got carried away and made them fuel cells that run on the mono they carry. Then I went and let them function as Weapon Managers. I'm still debating whether or not to make them manned pods using the generic internals because that could actually fit, or make them probes.

Anywho while I was doing all this I discovered the intakes and rcs modules that they have are total dead weight. Granted they aren't doing anything at all (good or bad) beyond probably a couple of bytes of utter uselessness, but thought it was worth mentioning anyways.

I wanted to say that I edited the cfg's to the tank bodies (initially because 2 tons seemed oddly light, its now 10 tons) then I got carried away and made them fuel cells that run on the mono they carry. Then I went and let them function as Weapon Managers. I'm still debating whether or not to make them manned pods using the generic internals because that could actually fit, or make them probes.

Anywho while I was doing all this I discovered the intakes and rcs modules that they have are total dead weight. Granted they aren't doing anything at all (good or bad) beyond probably a couple of bytes of utter uselessness, but thought it was worth mentioning anyways.

So I'm definitely rooting for getting Dakka's permission, and then releasing the revised version

• 1 month later...
Phalanx CIWS already exists. Lord Prometheus rebooted the defunct Spanner's Boomsticks addon to BD Armory that had it. Check it out on the BD Armory forum main page

Yep, but we need a better model. :P

- - - Updated - - -

My only real issue with making the tank bodies command things is that it still has a vertical navball. I think that depend more on the model than the cfg but 4 part probe tanks are possible.

I just attach mechjeb to left side and press "control from here".

• 4 weeks later...
The mod doesn't really work on MY ksp,I don't know if it works on any other or not,but the turrets don't respond to the BDarmory module

That is because the turret module for BD Armory has been changed, and all turrets using the old system need to be rebuilt into the new system. This has effectively crippled many older BD armory add ons, and all we can do is wait for an update.

For some reason i can't get any of the turrets to shoot? they just sit there,any reason why? i put the folder with my BDArmory folder i see no reason it shouldnt work.

This pack has not been update to be compatible with the latest BDArmory

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2015 at 4:55 AM, giga said:

why its not working for me

The post before yours explains that this mod has not been updated to the latest version of BDArmory, and will not work. It also appears as though the author of the mod is no longer updating it.

But for future reference giga, reading the last 2 pages of a thread (or even skimming them) can often be enlightening. If you don't see any mention of an issue even similar to yours, then it'll help both you and the mod author if you give as detailed a description of the issue as possible. Merely saying it doesn't work isn't terribly helpful for either of you.

15 hours ago, FungusForge said:

The post before yours explains that this mod has not been updated to the latest version of BDArmory, and will not work. It also appears as though the author of the mod is no longer updating it.

But for future reference giga, reading the last 2 pages of a thread (or even skimming them) can often be enlightening. If you don't see any mention of an issue even similar to yours, then it'll help both you and the mod author if you give as detailed a description of the issue as possible. Merely saying it doesn't work isn't terribly helpful for either of you.

Oooo. so that's why

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

A terrible necro i know, but has anybody got a link or the files to  to this mod, all original links dead, attempting to contact PrototypeTheta with intention of reviving and bringing it back up to working and current condition,

Cheers

once again apologies for raising the dead :)

Yeah, I have the R3 version if that helps, I've got a 16gb folder full of ksp mod zip files from when I started modding it XD

here is the link, NeverEnuffDakkaR3

I hope you can get it working, I loved this mod :)