[WIP] Never Enuff Dakka:- A BDArmory expansion [Release 3]

16 minutes ago, Admiral-Helwyr said:

Yeah, I have the R3 version if that helps, I've got a 16gb folder full of ksp mod zip files from when I started modding it XD

here is the link, NeverEnuffDakkaR3

I hope you can get it working, I loved this mod :)

Excellent, ill take a look at that in the daylight, cheers

Still got random mod zips  from 0.18  myself :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rigel Agar said:

sir how does it works? cause its not showing in the bd armory

Hi currently it's broken, I'm still working on the fixes, alongside 3 other mods, I'm having issues with some of the models and texturing, that mean spending a lot more time to rectify. Than would be needed for a simple re position and transform tweak.

23 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi currently it's broken, I'm still working on the fixes, alongside 3 other mods, I'm having issues with some of the models and texturing, that mean spending a lot more time to rectify. Than would be needed for a simple re position and transform tweak.

texture is ok but it has canon shell, but cannot shoot

1 hour ago, Rigel Agar said:

texture is ok but it has canon shell, but cannot shoot

Sadly its not so much the actual color as the way it currently applied, which is far from optimal for the color space that is currently allowed, no disrespect to the original author intended, it just that it's not the best way to do it. I'm only just past the drag uv's onto pre-painted texture point myself and can appreciate why it is the way it is.

On 24/02/2016 at 4:12 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi currently it's broken, I'm still working on the fixes, alongside 3 other mods,

SpannerMonkey has more guns in his locker than the NRA... ;)

Hi all thought it time i give you all a little update. It's very close to being finished, still have one problem item though.  I've re textured the turrets to make it easier later alterations and things like kerbal paint. while hopefully staying in keeping with the original color schemes(ish)

The exception to the color is the Challenger, It's  color is as yet unfinalised, I like it as it is right now, but it may be too dark for some people

Thanks to work for another mod, the Challenger hull now gets a coaxial machine gun mounted at the driver view port position, it also gets a basic IVA featuring of course lots of RPM . and space for four kerbals .

I'll likely fit a coxial gun to both the centurion and scorpion hull, doubt I'll get an internal into the scorp but there's a good probability that I can squeeze one into the chieftain hull, this will of course take a bit longer, but still shouldn't be much longer.

12 hours ago, DYo12234 said:

Will you be adding in the Chieftain body and turret? I really liked the look of that tank and I would like it if you added it back in.

Hi, as these things go it is the chieftain  ( and AS90) turret and hull that are the problem items mentioned in the post, the trouble being they are stuffed with junk geometry, that is faces and polys that are not visible.

This is far from optimal or even passable, the texture space allowed is 1024x1024 and the whole uv map is squeezed into a strip that occupies less than 2% of this space , culling these faces in order to sensibly map the model has proved to be very difficult without ruining the integrity of the external faces, so it's been slow going. ( in reality it would be easier just to remake it properly, but that's beyond the scope of this update)

I have now decided to pretty much give up on fixing these issues and just get them firing and rotating as they should and call it a day at that, but because of the aforementioned  issues it will not be able to have an IVA .

So yes they'll be back , but nowhere near how I'd like them to be

Hi all some good news for those interested parties, had a brainstorm after posting the other day and manged be devious means ( fair enough, i remade a large part of the hull)  to get the Centurion to something like a passable state AND include a basic Iva.

I've arranged it also to use it's built in targeting camera system as RPM cameras, good or what, so you can now view the cameras from IVA on the usual RPM screen, This feature has been extended to all the other turrets where possible
.With the finalising of the Centurion I'm going to release (in next couple of days)  what i have done so far , It will include 1 item previously not released that was hiding in the asset files kindly passed on by PrototypeTheta, that being a miniaturized Gustav train gun, it's still not small but doesn't take 1100 kerbs to operate! 

There are more views of the Centurion and the rest in the album a couple of posts up the page

TmWRcQm.png

w5GIfaC.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
pic addition

NeverEnuffDakkaRedux

HI all It's here I've finally gotten my act together and published the mod redux  to SpaceDock, feel free to download and praise or abuse as you see fit. There are still a couple of items outstanding, a 75mm scorpion turret and the AS90  but whats included and working compensates for the loss.

Three tank hulls with integrated coaxial cannons  and associated turrets, little and large Gustav Rail guns, the base of which is subject to revision (it's just awful But required as the gun is a beast) The leviathan rail gun that does fire electric charge, the turrets most of which feature a BDA targeting camera built in. In the case of the main tank turrets this camera is also viewable via the IVA RPM monitors

Please note that in future due to having three turret mods going I have decided to roll them all into the Boomsticks main thread, and it will be supported from there

Mod re released under (CC BY-SA 4.0)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2015 at 1:08 PM, JewelShisen said:

Actually I did some test fires with the railgun and it just bounces off of the VAB and SPH.

That's because you put either indistructible facilities, or debug- Ignore max temprature.

• 1 month later...
On 16/06/2016 at 8:39 PM, maciejzdupy said:

am i the only one who cant download it ? i says the page is MIA.

On 13/03/2016 at 8:40 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Please note that in future due to having three turret mods going I have decided to roll them all into the Boomsticks main thread, and it will be supported from there

@NecroBones Hi can you please lock this thread . I've now fully taken over this mod and all support and updates are available through main Boomsticks thread. This thread is now obsolete .  Cheers

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@NecroBones Hi can you please lock this thread . I've now fully taken over this mod and all support and updates are available through main Boomsticks thread. This thread is now obsolete .  Cheers

Locked. Will reopen if the OP returns and requests it.