How do I make a collision mesh for ksp 1.0 (for my own mod)

Kerso1991

Hiya, currently in development of making a wee parts mod for ksp but since the further releases/updates of ksp, there isn't a part tools asset package for unity out. I have finished modelling and texturing a fuel tank in blender, but don't know how to create a collision mesh in blender OR in unity 5 because the part tools asset is not compatible for ksp 1.0

Any suggestions?

Don't use Unity 5, KSP doesn't supports that version, it is been made in Unity 4. Download a Unity 4 Version, I am using version 4.2.2f1. To make a collision mesh in Unity, just select your mesh in Unity, and on the right you will see an "Add Component" Button, click that, go to Physics and add a mesh collider, in the mesh collider component you want to tick the "convex" thing, so that the part can collide with others. Then, you just need to export it using the KSP Parttools.

I haven't found a working link right now, I think I am still using the 0.23 part tools, and have no issues, and also, I didn't saw any new version of it...so, I just uploaded it on Mediafire for you: http://www./download/mw19cthcq82ly8x/KSP+Parttools.zip

If it is not okay for the mods, please just remove the link. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.